Page 2 of 2 1 2
Thread Options Tools
#57346 - 01/30/03 01:29 PM Re: Announcing New Compliance Officer Survey
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Kara,
I just found my email from Steve, let me know if you still need the survey.
That goes for anyone else, too!
I CAN FORWARD IT TO YOU!
Last edited by Maria KFSB; 01/30/03 05:31 PM.

Return to Top
General Discussion
#57347 - 01/30/03 04:53 PM Re: Announcing New Compliance Officer Survey
Anonymous
Unregistered

Regarding getting the survey, I've tried to send out as quickly as requests arrive, but this is a manual process and I'm often on the phone doing interviews or writing. But I will get back to you ASAP. I really appreciate your enthusiasm. I'll be travelling Monday and Tuesday of next week and Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday of the week after, but by then the form will be posted on our website at www.ababj.com. And mailed copies should be arriving in your bank any day now.

Return to Top
#57348 - 01/30/03 06:12 PM Re: Announcing New Compliance Officer Survey
EllenA Offline
Platinum Poster
EllenA
Flushing, NY
Some Firewalls stop multiple mailings, but I finally got my copy and will share it with the membership at my local compliance association. Even I didn't think it was too hard to fill out I hope there is a huge response.

Return to Top
#57349 - 01/30/03 06:31 PM Re: Announcing New Compliance Officer Survey
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
In reply to:

Regarding getting the survey, I've tried to send out as quickly as requests arrive, but this is a manual process and I'm often on the phone doing interviews or writing.

Steve - you sound just like a Compliance Officer....

Return to Top
#57350 - 01/30/03 09:57 PM Re: Announcing New Compliance Officer Survey
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yes, I think I do. I've concluded, having spent 11 months putting this form together and working with our compliance officer advisory committee, that I'd much rather write about compliance than be a compliance officer. I think it may take more stamina than I've got to do your jobs. By the way, I need to publicly thank Marybeth Guard and company for putting out our message. SC

Return to Top
#57351 - 01/31/03 09:47 PM Re: Announcing New Compliance Officer Survey
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
You can access it on the ABA website and print it out. That's what I did.

Return to Top
#57352 - 01/31/03 09:52 PM Re: Announcing New Compliance Officer Survey
Queen Mum Offline
Power Poster
Queen Mum
OK
In fact, here is the link.
Compliance Officer Survey

Return to Top
#57353 - 02/01/03 09:44 PM Re: Announcing New Compliance Officer Survey
Anonymous
Unregistered

As of Monday the PDF should also be available on Bankersonline. com itself, as well as on our own site, www.ababj.com. Thanks to all for their interest! Steve Cocheo, Executive Editor and Survey Manager, ABA Banking Journal.

Return to Top
#57354 - 02/03/03 04:06 PM Re: Announcing New Compliance Officer Survey
Michele_Petry Offline

Platinum Poster
Michele_Petry
Louisville, KY USA
The Compliance Officer's Survey is available at:

2003 Compliance Officer's Survey

Your participation is crucial to obtaining good information for the industry and we strongly encourage you to participate!

Return to Top
#57355 - 02/03/03 04:52 PM Re: Announcing New Compliance Officer Survey
Miss Kitty Offline
Platinum Poster
California
Would anyone be willing to forward their's on to me? For whatever reason I can't even get the email sent to request one. cherylec@frsb.com
Thank you!

Return to Top
#57356 - 02/03/03 05:15 PM Re: Announcing New Compliance Officer Survey
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
I have e-mailed you one. It may be the first or the 10th? You might want to post a request of "stop - please" when you've received one and verified you can open it. Otherwise, you'll be getting these all week.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#57357 - 02/03/03 06:20 PM Re: Announcing New Compliance Officer Survey
Miss Kitty Offline
Platinum Poster
California
Thank you Andy for the suggestion - and both you and Ken for the email. I'm working on the survey now, can hardly wait to see the final product.

Return to Top
#57358 - 02/13/03 05:39 PM Re: Announcing New Compliance Officer Survey
Anonymous
Unregistered

To anyone who's been trying to reach me with questions re the survey form, I'm back in the office Feb. 13 and 14, then back on the road until Feb. 20. Steve Cocheo, ABA Banking Journal, scocheo@sbpub.com

Return to Top
#57359 - 02/21/03 03:41 PM Re: Announcing New Compliance Officer Survey
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just a reminder: March 3 is the deadline for responses to the survey. They must be faxed in or postmarked by that date to be considered eligible for the prize drawings. Steve Cocheo, executive editor, ABA Banking Journal. scocheo@sbpub.com

Return to Top
#57360 - 02/22/03 09:19 AM Re: Announcing New Compliance Officer Survey
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
Steve - I really do appreciate this chance to participate, but one thought for any future endeavors of this sort:

If you want an extensive survey of opinion from Compliance folk, try to space the deadline a little further away from the HMDA/CRA filing deadline!!!!! AACCKKK!!!!!

Return to Top
#57361 - 02/22/03 02:50 PM Re: Announcing New Compliance Officer Survey
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
I am guessing that they had to balance that timing against having useful data, analyzed, for discussion at the June conference.

Actually, it was a nice 30 minute break from HMDA.

Bonnie, if you are reading this anytime within hours of being posted, go to bed.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#57362 - 02/22/03 05:20 PM Re: Announcing New Compliance Officer Survey
Don_Narup Offline

Power Poster
Las Vegas Nevada
I have been doing some analysis on the cost of CRA on a very informal, best guess basis for several years.

The survey Steven has put together is detailed and will disclose factual information that I have no doubt will astound the banking community. It's a very important survey that when the results are deployed will have a far reaching and positive effect for compliance officers.

The more responses the better the information database will be, so please take the time and complete your entry.

Return to Top
#57363 - 02/22/03 05:45 PM Re: Announcing New Compliance Officer Survey
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
Quote:

Bonnie, if you are reading this anytime within hours of being posted, go to bed.

Basically, for the month of February, I simply forego sleep. Makes things a lot simpler!

I will work on that survey today. Steve - please don't misunderstand my comment, and I realize there are other timing issues, but it just seems like comment letters, surveys, (remember the Fed's "cost/benefit of CRA Survey"?) and the like over the years seem to converge in that first week of March!

Return to Top
#57364 - 02/26/03 12:28 AM Re: Announcing New Compliance Officer Survey
Anonymous
Unregistered

Bonnie: Sorry for the tight deadline. It was a matter of making things work in several different directions. And, to be honest, I wasn't thinking with my HMDA head--should have been. I often wonder how you guys do it all! Steve Cocheo

Return to Top
#57365 - 02/27/03 11:40 PM Re: Announcing New Compliance Officer Survey
Anonymous
Unregistered

A reminder and a thank you...
First, my thanks to all the compliance folks who have filled in the survey. The response has been encouraging.
Second, a reminder: The deadline for responding to the survey is Monday, March 3, close of business. There's still time to take part. You can find the survey form on our website www.ababj.com. Download it, print it, and fax it to 212-633-1165.
Once more, thank you!
Steve Cocheo, executive editor, scocheo@sbpub.com

Return to Top
#57366 - 03/02/03 08:26 PM Re: Announcing New Compliance Officer Survey
Anonymous
Unregistered

Survey deadline is 5 PM New York time today. Going, going, ... Fax number is 212-633-1165

Return to Top
#57367 - 04/02/03 02:08 PM Re: Announcing New Compliance Officer Survey
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
So, have you had the drawing yet for the free conference registration? Who won?

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#57368 - 10/28/03 08:04 PM Re: Announcing New Compliance Officer Survey
Anonymous
Unregistered

Dear Compliance Officers:
The report based on the survey so many of you took part in, Compliance Watch 2003: The Complete Edition, has been completed. Participants who provided their e-mail addresses on their survey forms have just been sent the address of a web page that contains downloads of the complete edition (literally hundreds of pages, so have lots of paper handy, preferably three-hole punched.)
Some e-mail addresses provided are bouncing back--the person may have left their bank, their bank may not be accepting many outside e-mails, etc. We do want to reach those people, as they helped us complete this research.
If you feel you should be receiving this free access to the survey because you took part in it (the complete edition costs around $500 off the shelf), send me an e-mail at scocheo@sbpub.com answering the following three questions which only someone who went through the eight-page form would know. If you answer them correctly you'll be sent the e-mail address.
(1) What is the last question at the bottom of page 1 of the questionnaire?
(2) What is the very last word on page 8, inside the name, bank, address box?
(3) What appears on page 3 of the questionnaire?

Thanks again to all who took part, and to bankersonline.com for helping to get the word out about the survey.

Steve Cocheo
Executive Editor
ABA Banking Journal

Return to Top
Page 2 of 2 1 2