Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Thread Options
#573479 - 06/23/06 01:41 PM Suggestion re: anons
The Incredible ComplyGuy Offline
Power Poster
The Incredible ComplyGuy
The he11 of suburbia
I'm sure everyone notices that the stupidest crap posted on here is by anons. To my thinking the legitimate reasons to post anon are when discussing something personal (like in the Couch), or are concerned about being tracked (by your employer, or...spouse, parole officer, whatever).

In the political threads, generally what's posted by anons is nonsense. In all the threads, most of the most vicious personal attacks come from anons.

So I suggest (and I will try to do the same) that, absent the ability to put anons on ignore, we just restrain ourselves from responding to anything asinine unless it is posted by a registered poster or at least signed.

Just like in grade school, maybe if we ignore the pests, they'll know they're not getting attention and go away.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#573480 - 06/23/06 02:04 PM Re: Suggestion re: anons
Carly Girl Offline
Power Poster
TEXAS
You just now learning to ignore them? You better pull up your pants and get with the program cause you are way behind.

Your posts in the Dell Computer thread are not revolting? Doesnt matter if you are registered or not, there are some posts that need to stay in your head and NOT relayed to everyone else.

But thats just the way it is here on BOL. Read it and like it and respond, or read it dont like it and be quiet and ignore it.

Return to Top
#573481 - 06/23/06 02:04 PM Re: Suggestion re: anons
Anonymous
Unregistered

Does this include Ron? That seemed to be a big issue when the topic was discussed earlier in the week.

Return to Top
#573482 - 06/23/06 02:06 PM Re: Suggestion re: anons
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

You just now learning to ignore them? You better pull up your pants and get with the program cause you are way behind.

Your posts in the Dell Computer thread are not revolting? Doesnt matter if you are registered or not, there are some posts that need to stay in your head and NOT relayed to everyone else.

But thats just the way it is here on BOL. Read it and like it and respond, or read it dont like it and be quiet and ignore it.

So his posts are revolting, but when your buddy Search does the same thing in virtually every thread on the board you aren't outraged?

Return to Top
#573483 - 06/23/06 02:06 PM Re: Suggestion re: anons
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Does this include Ron? That seemed to be a big issue when the topic was discussed earlier in the week.

no. i'm exempt. (and fwiw, i haven't posted much lately. although today is friday...)

Return to Top
#573484 - 06/23/06 02:09 PM Re: Suggestion re: anons
Carly Girl Offline
Power Poster
TEXAS
Quote:

Read it and like it and respond, or read it dont like it and be quiet and ignore it.

I choose to ignore it all!

Return to Top
#573485 - 06/23/06 02:10 PM Re: Suggestion re: anons
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
In my Strappy Heeled Sandals!
Quote:

Quote:

So his posts are revolting, but when your buddy Search does the same thing in virtually every thread on the board you aren't outraged?

Gotta luv the mud-slingin Anon fan of mine.... if ya got an issue with me... take it up with me... don't jump her for my comments...she's not responsible for anything I say or post. Got it?

Return to Top
#573486 - 06/23/06 02:14 PM Re: Suggestion re: anons
Anonymous
Unregistered

There is also a big difference between having some fun and personally attacking people... And I have never seen Search personally attacking anyone.

-=ThePaul=-

Return to Top
#573487 - 06/23/06 02:16 PM Re: Suggestion re: anons
Mocha's Mom Offline
Platinum Poster
Mocha's Mom
Western MA
I'm so glad this finally came out. As I have been reading the various posts the last couple of weeks I was shocked by some of the posts made by Anons. I believe that everyone is entitled to their own opinions and beliefs and should not force those onto others. However, if you have something you strongly believe in enough you should also take responsibility for your own actions and responses. Otherwise how can you expect to be taken seriously or respected for being your own person? Thirdly you should demonstrate your own convictions without personally attacking the ones who may disagree or believe differently than you do. I think this world would be very boring indeed if we all thought and acted alike. We are inherently different - Let's celebrate that!!

Return to Top
#573488 - 06/23/06 02:20 PM Re: Suggestion re: anons
Anonymous
Unregistered

Search's overactive flirting and sexual comments aren't fun for some people. They are childish and very unflattering.

I'll address That Girl's hypocrisy if I choose, Search. 9 times out of 10 when TICG is having a suggestive conversation you are the other party involved.

Return to Top
#573489 - 06/23/06 02:23 PM Re: Suggestion re: anons
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

Read it and like it and respond, or read it dont like it and be quiet and ignore it.

I choose to ignore it all!

Unless you want to reprimand TICG, then you don't ignore it at all, do you?

Return to Top
#573490 - 06/23/06 02:27 PM Re: Suggestion re: anons
°X° Offline
Power Poster
°X°
WOOHOO
I'm sure everyone notices that the stupidest crap posted on here is by anons.

I disagree - I'm thinking that it's your posts that are the stupidest. But, the is America so you have the right, sort of. Now, I'd like to see you just go away, get out of banking, flip burgers - but, that's not my call.

Return to Top
#573491 - 06/23/06 02:28 PM Re: Suggestion re: anons
Pickles Offline
Gold Star
Beach Bum, East Coast, USA
Wow, how do any of you get anything done???? There is a subject matter and if you don't want to open and read then don't.... Who cares what someone else's personal opinion is anyway?

Return to Top
#573492 - 06/23/06 02:28 PM Re: Suggestion re: anons
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
Quote:

Search's overactive flirting and sexual comments aren't fun for some people. They are childish and very unflattering.

I'll address That Girl's hypocrisy if I choose, Search. 9 times out of 10 when TICG is having a suggestive conversation you are the other party involved.

Register yourself... then put me on ignore... it's that simple. While you're at it... learn to relax and enjoy life...you'll find you're a much happier person.

Btw, I'm right here... so ya don't have to talk as if I'm not in the thread...

Return to Top
#573493 - 06/23/06 02:30 PM Re: Suggestion re: anons
XODUS Offline
Power Poster
XODUS
Quote:

or are concerned about being tracked (by your employer.

posting anon does not protect you from employer kwowing what you post. I don't think a lot of the Anons realize or don't care if they are being watched or they may reconsider what they post.

Return to Top
#573494 - 06/23/06 02:32 PM Re: Suggestion re: anons
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Different anon here.

Of course you're in the thread. You're in every thread.

Return to Top
#573495 - 06/23/06 02:35 PM Re: Suggestion re: anons
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
We are in America-you have the right to decide what you read, watch, listen to, etc. If someone does not like the content or subject matter of a thread, move on. Noone is forcing anyone to read it. Choice responsibility.

And I wouldn't necessarily agree most of the "crap" is posted by the Anons...as mentioned before, there are those that need to stay anon, and certainly those that use that sheild to stir the pot. But there are plenty of registered users that let it fly too.

Return to Top
#573496 - 06/23/06 02:36 PM Re: Suggestion re: anons
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
Quote:

Quote:

Different anon here.

Of course you're in the thread. You're in every thread.

Aw, another fan... that is protraying faulty info, better go back and do your research again... but I'll give ya partial credit for your attempt of making a point that is invalid. Now run along dear... and enjoy your day...

Return to Top
#573497 - 06/23/06 02:36 PM Re: Suggestion re: anons
Carly Girl Offline
Power Poster
TEXAS
Trolls.....Trolls......Trolls........I'm ignoring you all!

Return to Top
#573498 - 06/23/06 02:40 PM Re: Suggestion re: anons
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

Register yourself... then put me on ignore... it's that simple. While you're at it... learn to relax and enjoy life...you'll find you're a much happier person.

Do you realize how dumb you sound every time you give that speech. Just because someone doesn't like something or someone and chooses to speak about it doesn't mean they have a miserable life. I have a good life, I just find your constant sexual innuendo tiresome and at times disgusting. I don't need to lighten up, you need to realize that your posts are offensive to some people. You certainly have the right to be disgusting, just as I have the right to tell you. Lighten up on the patronizing attitude. Last time I checked you didn't run the place.

Return to Top
#573499 - 06/23/06 02:41 PM Re: Suggestion re: anons
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Trolls.....Trolls......Trolls........I'm ignoring you all!

Doesn't look like it when you make statements like this. Duhhhhhhhhh

Return to Top
#573500 - 06/23/06 02:49 PM Re: Suggestion re: anons
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
I am saddened and ashamed of the meanness that permeates some of these threads.

Return to Top
#573501 - 06/23/06 02:54 PM Re: Suggestion re: anons
Search_Me Offline
Power Poster
Search_Me
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Do you realize how dumb you sound every time you give that speech. Just because someone doesn't like something or someone and chooses to speak about it doesn't mean they have a miserable life. I have a good life, I just find your constant sexual innuendo tiresome and at times disgusting. I don't need to lighten up, you need to realize that your posts are offensive to some people. You certainly have the right to be disgusting, just as I have the right to tell you. Lighten up on the patronizing attitude. Last time I checked you didn't run the place.

Ya know... you're a fine one to be calling me dumb for making my comments. Seems if ya wouldn't have taken a cheap shot at me while trying to jump That Girl for my actions... this would not have been an issue. But then again... we are talking about an "anon" so I shouldn't have expected anything higher of you.

I've decided that ya love to stir the pot...and if my assumptions are wrong... then ya have the option to register and put me on ignore... better yet just skip over my post all together... as mine are clearing labeled for you to do such a thing. Tiresome and disgusting... that's how I feel when dealing with Anons that love to stir the pot.

If my post were so offensive to you... then ya should've been mature enough to take the issue up with me... not That Girl...

Here we go again with the "patronizing"... remember dear... you're the one who started this "patronizing"...so I suggest if ya can't take what's dished back.. then don't dish out.

Return to Top
#573502 - 06/23/06 03:00 PM Re: Suggestion re: anons
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Ya know... you're a fine one to be calling me dumb for making my comments. Seems if ya wouldn't have taken a cheap shot at me while trying to jump That Girl for my actions... this would not have been an issue. But then again... we are talking about an "anon" so I shouldn't have expected anything higher of you.

I've decided that ya love to stir the pot...and if my assumptions are wrong... then ya have the option to register and put me on ignore... better yet just skip over my post all together... as mine are clearing labeled for you to do such a thing. Tiresome and disgusting... that's how I feel when dealing with Anons that love to stir the pot.

If my post were so offensive to you... then ya should've been mature enough to take the issue up with me... not That Girl...

Here we go again with the "patronizing"... remember dear... you're the one who started this "patronizing"...so I suggest if ya can't take what's dished back.. then don't dish out.

the issue was with that girl, you jumped in. you fail to realize that everything isn't about you. keep talking, you look more ridiculous with each "defense." why can't you just admit that perhaps you are part of the issue?

and you should be the last person talking about stirring the pot. your hands aren't clean there and if you had one shred of intellectual honesty you would know that. i'm guessing you don't.

Return to Top
#573503 - 06/23/06 03:06 PM Re: Suggestion re: anons
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

the issue was with that girl, you jumped in. you fail to realize that everything isn't about you. keep talking, you look more ridiculous with each "defense." why can't you just admit that perhaps you are part of the issue?

and you should be the last person talking about stirring the pot. your hands aren't clean there and if you had one shred of intellectual honesty you would know that. i'm guessing you don't.

no offense search, but that anon has you pegged.

Return to Top
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3