Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#573576 - 06/23/06 02:19 PM EStatement
WheezeKid Offline
100 Club
New Jersey
We are planning to issue electronic statements via customer email with a pdf attachment. For verifiable consent, is it enough to send a "pre-email" without a pdf attachment to ensure customer access, or should a pdf attachment be included in the "pre-email"?

Also, does anyone have and be willing to share model language relative to required ESign disclosures?

Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#573577 - 06/23/06 04:59 PM Re: EStatement
Banking Bard Offline
100 Club
Kentucky
I believe that customer consent must also prove their ability to view the statement.

Sending an email without the PDF would likely not qualify since it does not prove that the customer has the equipment and means necessary to view the PDF attachment.

Return to Top
#573578 - 06/23/06 05:08 PM Re: EStatement
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
You should send a test statement. The customer can open it and click a link, as an example, that takes them to your site and you then verify that they can receive, open and follow directions on it. YOu could also have a name and number in it for them to call and verify with.

Short of having them open an encrypted file, you only proved otherwise that the mail didn't bounce back at you.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z