Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#57760 - 01/29/03 07:42 PM Hows this for first hand knowledge
MackenzieS Offline
Diamond Poster
MackenzieS
Oklahoma
I just had to say goodbye to one of our New Account Representatives who found out this morning that she was called up to Active Duty from her reserve status. She is leaving behind two young sons and does not know when she will return.

As soon as I heard, the Compliance officer in me kicked in and I asked her if she knew her rights under the SSCRA. She said they gave her a little information about it but that she did not understand it or know what to do. I went to my office and pulled up BOL and printed off three articles that explained her rights in better detail and the steps she needed to take to enact these privileges.

Our thoughts will be with her and her family while she is gone.

Return to Top
Lending to Servicemembers (SCRA, JWNDAA), War, Terrorism
#57761 - 01/29/03 09:00 PM Re: Hows this for first hand knowledge
thomasj Offline
Power Poster
Pennsylvania
I know what you mean, the officer in charge of collections that sits 10 feet from me got called up last week. He had retired at Christmas but it didn't go through before he was called up. It really puts things into perspective.

Return to Top
#57762 - 01/30/03 02:01 AM Re: Hows this for first hand knowledge
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
We have about 12,500 folks leaving from my area, customers, friends, employees and relatives.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z