Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#580942 - 07/07/06 06:37 PM Seminars/Training
MadisonCali Offline
Power Poster
Hello!
Does anyone out there know of a company that comes through to do banking seminars in Minnesota?
I've found Professional Bank Services and The Center for Financial Training, but I am looking for more options (they have already offered what I need around here, and I have a budget to go to more...)
I can't do webinars at my office...
Thanks in advance!!!

Return to Top
#580943 - 07/07/06 11:39 PM Re: Seminars/Training
Tom at HOME Offline
Diamond Poster
Yes, see www.bbcon.com .

Return to Top
#580944 - 07/10/06 01:35 PM Re: Seminars/Training
RR Sarah Offline
Power Poster
RR Sarah
Up North
Is your bank a member of the Minnesota Bankers Association and/or ICBA (Independent Community Bankers Assoc). Both offer educational opportunities outside of the office.

Return to Top
#580945 - 07/10/06 02:24 PM Re: Seminars/Training
MadisonCali Offline
Power Poster
Yes on the MBA...I've looked at their classroom opportunities for the rest of the year and have signed up for one (and possibly a second).
I'm not sure on the ICBA...I'll look into that.
Thanks so much for the suggestions!!!

Return to Top
#580946 - 07/10/06 03:27 PM Re: Seminars/Training
RR Sarah Offline
Power Poster
RR Sarah
Up North
And you don't have to be a member of ICBA to participate, it will just cost you a little more.

Return to Top
#580947 - 07/10/06 08:40 PM Re: Seminars/Training
Princess Leia Offline
Diamond Poster
Alderaan
I second the MBA ... I've been to a couple seminars/classes that they offer.

Is your webinar issue that you can't do it by computer/projector? We typically just listen through the phone line.

Return to Top
#580948 - 07/11/06 08:03 PM Re: Seminars/Training
Bankster Offline
Gold Star
Midwest
You can also try Professional Bank Services. www.probank.com.

Return to Top
#580949 - 07/11/06 08:29 PM Re: Seminars/Training
MadisonCali Offline
Power Poster
Quote:

I second the MBA ... I've been to a couple seminars/classes that they offer.

Is your webinar issue that you can do it by computer/projector? We typically just listen through the phone line.

You know, I just assumed (due to the lack of access to anything on computers here and the fact that they're called 'webinars') that the person I had replaced looked into it, but maybe not. She just told me we couldn't do it.
Do you just need a phone line, and that's it?
Sorry for the stupid question ...there's really no one here to ask...

Return to Top
#580950 - 07/11/06 10:23 PM Re: Seminars/Training
Princess Leia Offline
Diamond Poster
Alderaan
Yep, if I have a group of people to listen in, we just listen via speaker phone. We've done that with several webinar vendors ... like BOL

After you register, they send you the .ppt and the call in (and web log in) information.

Feel free to PM me if you have more questions - no question is a stupid one. It takes a village to understand compliance issues

Return to Top
#580951 - 07/13/06 01:33 PM Re: Seminars/Training
MadisonCali Offline
Power Poster
It takes a village, is right!
I went to a HMDA seminar yesterday (Probank-very good), and after sleeping on it, I'm not sure if I'm more confused...

Just out of curiosity...how many training seminars, webinars, etc. do all of you try to take every year? I know it varies (experience on job, budget restraints, etc), but I have no idea how much to ask my board to approve. I don't want to go overboard right when I get here

Return to Top
#580952 - 07/13/06 02:40 PM Re: Seminars/Training
RR Sarah Offline
Power Poster
RR Sarah
Up North
I went back through 2005 and did some quick calculations and I probably spent close to $5500 on training. Now, some of that may have been for the purchase of bank wide training materials. Also, I went to week one of the ICBA Auditing Institute and that was a considerable chunk. My budget is a little more because if I attend a seminar out of the bank it usually requires a hotel stay of one to two nights.

Return to Top
#580953 - 08/30/06 01:54 PM Re: Seminars/Training
Princess Leia Offline
Diamond Poster
Alderaan
Does anyone have any experience working with Larson Allen? You can PM me if you want. Thanks!

Return to Top
#580954 - 08/30/06 08:39 PM Re: Seminars/Training
MaryRink Offline
Gold Star
Northern MN
Check out the MBA Advanced Compliance Workshop that is held each October in Alexandria, MN(The Arrowwood Resort). I've been on the planning committee for that conference for two years. This year it will be Oct 17 & 18th. Lots of information for a reasonable fee.

Return to Top
#580955 - 09/05/06 02:20 PM Re: Seminars/Training
Princess Leia Offline
Diamond Poster
Alderaan
Quote:

Does anyone have any experience working with Larson Allen? You can PM me if you want. Thanks!

Hi - I'm not specifically looking for training feedback on LarsonAllen. I'm wondering about thoughts about them in general based on anyone's experience working with them, knowing someone who works there, etc.

Thanks to those who have PM'd me already (I tried to reply to one person who is not accepting PM's.)

Return to Top
#798358 - 08/20/07 03:54 PM Re: Seminars/Training Princess Leia
MadisonCali Offline
Power Poster
I was wondering if anybody knew of a good source for ACH training. I have an ops department that has been doing ACH forever, but I think they need a refresher with updates...plus, we're originating now, and they've never specifically had training on that.

I tried the UMACHA website, and they're offering something this fall; but it looks to be some of the things I would like, and a whole lot of stuff I wouldn't.

Or feedback on the big UMACHA Navigating Payments seminar if someone's gone in the past (maybe it's an annual one or something???)...

Thanks!!
Last edited by MadisonCali; 08/20/07 03:55 PM.

Return to Top
#798395 - 08/20/07 04:20 PM Re: Seminars/Training MadisonCali
LaNae Offline
Upper Midwest
UMACHA does offer custom on-site training for your staff that you could customize to your needs. If you go to UMACHA's website look under Professional Development and you can get the details there. Hopefully that could help you to train the necessary staff on exactly what you are looking for.

Good luck!

Return to Top
#798452 - 08/20/07 04:56 PM Re: Seminars/Training MadisonCali
RR Sarah Offline
Power Poster
RR Sarah
Up North
I've been to a couple of the UMACHA payments seminars. I always found them informative. I believe it is an annual event. I have been trying to get some of our operations staff to go for the past couple of years, with no luck.

Return to Top