Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#581488 - 07/10/06 05:35 PM American Idol concert review
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
For those who are interested, I attended the idol show in town on Sat. night. It was fantastic and my breakdown of the idols live is as follows:
Mandisa-By far the best performer of the night, that girl has some pipes. She rivaled Whitney Houston in her better days, she was fantastic!Should not have gone home as early as she did, I can't say enough about her performance.
Ace-Hated him during the season, and his look still irks me, HOWEVER, he sang great, I was pleasantly surprised. Plus, he didn't do too much "falsetto".
Paris-AWESOME and she can dance, I'd go see her in concert solo but I always liked her.
Lisa T-Wasn't crazy about her on the show and thought she deserved to go early but she rocked it. Played solo piano and sang 2 Elton John songs, blew me away, powerful voice.
Picker-LOSER! She was all vamped up, black leather, high heels, rhinestones,etc. Her face looked like Tammy Faye Baker, WAY TOO MUCH eye make-up on. She sounded like she did on the show, I was NOT impressed.
Bucky-Must have taken vocal lessons for singing, sounded great, looked good with his cowboy hat. However, in between songs, he started to talk.....he shouldn't have....no one could understand what the heck he was saying, just like the show. My sister and I just looked at each other said "what the heck did he just say?"
Chris-Did good. Sang Zeppelin, Styx, definitely the rocker.The whole venue screamed like crazy when he came out (minus me of course, I was waiting for Elliot)
Elliot-A little disappointed. He sang well but I expected a lot more from him cuz he was my favorite all season. Maybe he didn't feel well or his hearing was messing him up, don't know. It was good but not fantastic. I was so excited for it.
Taylor-Was Taylor, dancing like crazy, wearing purple. Did a great job, everyone was on their feet. He's just cool.

Very entertaining show and better than last years. I look forward to the next season!

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#581489 - 07/10/06 05:55 PM Re: American Idol concert review
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
I am not surprised that given a chance to sing her music and not some crap picked for her that Mandisa was Divalicious!

Lisa had so much potential on the show, but crumbled on performance day. I am not at all surprised that she did well.

I'm surprised Elliiot didn't bring it!

What? No Kat?

Return to Top
#581490 - 07/10/06 05:58 PM Re: American Idol concert review
RBanker Offline
Power Poster
RBanker
Austin Texas
What? No Kat?

I heard her docs are holding her right now - something with her throat or voice - bronchitis maybe?

Return to Top
#581491 - 07/10/06 06:16 PM Re: American Idol concert review
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
Chris stated to the crowd that she had laryngitis (sp?), kind of like have today. So no BF, there was no Kat. But, all the guys sang acoustic Patience by G n R as a tribute. They kicked butt during that song.

Return to Top
#581492 - 07/10/06 06:49 PM Re: American Idol concert review
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
Quote:

Bucky-Must have taken vocal lessons for singing, sounded great, looked good with his cowboy hat. However, in between songs, he started to talk.....he shouldn't have....no one could understand what the heck he was saying, just like the show. My sister and I just looked at each other said "what the heck did he just say?"

Well, now Bucky is from Rockingham, NC (just on the NC/SC border). So to you he probably does sound strange and hard to understand. But I'll bet my redneck buddies and I would have no trouble understanding him. It's some guy like Teddy Kennedy that I can't understand a word that's said. Now don't y'all go an' make this a political post now, I was just using him as an example.

Return to Top
#581493 - 07/10/06 07:17 PM Re: American Idol concert review
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
You make me laugh Jim. You have a good point, if you and I eva meet, we'll probably not "undastand" each utha! P.S. Typos are intentional, trying to type a Boston accent.

Return to Top
#581494 - 07/10/06 07:34 PM Re: American Idol concert review
CelticsPride Offline
Platinum Poster
CelticsPride
The Boston "Gahden"
Hey All,

I was at the concert on Friday night and pretty much agree with Pizza Queen's review. Mandisa was by far the best, and Lisa was also very good. I was very impressed with her Piano playing on the Elton John songs.
A couple of other impressions: I actually thought Bucky was very good. I was not impressed with him at all during the season but he had quite a likeability factor on the stage, and his vocals were pretty good. Kelly, on the other hand, was grating. I agree that she was way over-made up (what's with the hair extensions?). Also, Pam I don't know if she did this Saturday, but on Friday she came up to the first row of seats and asked someone to help her pronounce Worcester, Massachusetts. The dumb blonde routine is just getting very old.

Taylor was fun to watch, like a mini tornado on stage, but it was definitely a Chris Crowd. He constantly received the biggest ovations and the loudest screaming fans.

All in all, it was a great show, and my kids loved it!

Return to Top
#581495 - 07/10/06 08:04 PM Re: American Idol concert review
Anonymous
Unregistered

Speaking of Chris.. I can't WAIT until his album comes out! Leave it to Clive Davis to sign him! Clive knows his stuff.

Return to Top
#581496 - 07/10/06 08:06 PM Re: American Idol concert review
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
To be honest, I'd buy Elliot, Mandisa or Paris' album first. Just my 2 cents though. Chris is good but he sounds like so many other rockers out there. I think the 3 I listed have a more unique sound.

Return to Top
#581497 - 07/10/06 08:28 PM Re: American Idol concert review
Anonymous
Unregistered

i dig the rocker.

Return to Top
#581498 - 07/10/06 08:46 PM Re: American Idol concert review
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
I'm sure we'll see a Mandisa album soon enough. If nothing else, you KNOW she's going to have a gospel album as soon as AI will let her.

Return to Top
#581499 - 07/10/06 08:56 PM Re: American Idol concert review
Anonymous
Unregistered

I agree, BF.

Return to Top
#581500 - 07/11/06 01:57 AM Re: American Idol concert review
Anonymous
Unregistered

WHERE WAS CHICKEN LITTLE!!!!!!??????????

HE ROCKS, MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to Top
#581501 - 07/11/06 12:14 PM Re: American Idol concert review
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
Chicken Little didn't make the top 10, he was cut the week before, THANKFULLY.

Return to Top
#581502 - 07/11/06 12:27 PM Re: American Idol concert review
CelticsPride Offline
Platinum Poster
CelticsPride
The Boston "Gahden"
Cmon PQ, I bet Chicken Little would of brought the house down with something like "How Do You Mend A Broken Heart" or "Alone Again, Naturally".

Return to Top
#581503 - 07/11/06 12:38 PM Re: American Idol concert review
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
LMAO CP. If he had sang How do you Mend....I would've had to go get a beer or use the ladies room or something.

Return to Top
#581504 - 07/11/06 02:47 PM Re: American Idol concert review
Miscuit Offline
10K Club
Miscuit
TX
Sounds like a great concert!

Has anybody else seen Taylor on all the Ford commercials? Man, they run thoses ads all the time here! It's a little "cheesy" but I love Taylor anyway.

Return to Top
#581505 - 07/11/06 05:18 PM Re: American Idol concert review
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

Sounds like a great concert!

Has anybody else seen Taylor on all the Ford commercials? Man, they run thoses ads all the time here! It's a little "cheesy" but I love Taylor anyway.

I've started to change the station or mute him I am so sick of that commercial.

Return to Top
#581506 - 07/11/06 05:23 PM Re: American Idol concert review
Anonymous
Unregistered

Are there words to the Chicken Dance song?

Return to Top
#581507 - 07/20/06 02:12 AM Re: American Idol concert review
CommerceBarb Offline
New Poster
Pennsylvania
I went to the concert in Hershey on the 12th. It was fantastic. I didn't really think much of Mandisa's performance, though her duet with Ace was good. Elliott rocked it out with Chris on the Nickelback cover. I think they were by far the best singers there. The applause for both of them was thunderous. Taylor was a big hit too, though I'm not a big fan. Here is a link to my pictures for anyone who cares to visit: http://community.webshots.com/myphotos?a...security=EMrnLO

Return to Top
#581508 - 07/20/06 12:28 PM Re: American Idol concert review
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for sharing the pictures they are great. How close were you to the stage? Can't wait to see them in August.

Return to Top
#581509 - 07/20/06 12:32 PM Re: American Idol concert review
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
Those pics are AWESOME, wow. You must have been close unless your zoom feature works real well.

Return to Top
#581510 - 07/20/06 11:12 PM Re: American Idol concert review
CommerceBarb Offline
New Poster
Pennsylvania
We had floor seats about 28 rows back, but we were on the aisle. Whenever the security guys weren't around, I would go up to the front to take pictures. Elliott and Chris were so dreamy

Return to Top
#581511 - 07/21/06 12:01 AM Re: American Idol concert review
Anonymous
Unregistered

I went to the Worcester, Ma concert. Loved Elliott, too! He and Chris (besides of course Taylor) got the most applause, their duet was awesome!I was suprised at how good Ace sounded, since I didn't think he sang that well throughout the show - he just looked good
It was a fun show - all ages.
Thanks for the pics.

Return to Top
#581512 - 07/21/06 02:51 PM Re: American Idol concert review
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Ok, how long has Kat been "sick"? Makes me wonder if she's really sick, holding out to get out of a contract, or what!

Return to Top
Page 1 of 2 1 2