Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#5817 - 10/22/01 09:33 PM Error Resolution Chart
BrendaC Offline
Power Poster
BrendaC
Sweet Home AL
I am in the process of putting together a training class for electronic transactions and error resolution issues. Does anyone have a chart to help our frontline staff understand how to document the various errors bankers see every day? I need it simple and specific, such as...

ERROR/COMPLAINT FORMS NEEDED etc...
ACH, unauthorized Aff of Unauthorized ACH...
ACH, revoked Aff of Unauthorized ACH...
Debit Card POS POS Form, EFT Error Form..

Return to Top
General Discussion
#5818 - 10/24/01 01:14 PM Re: Error Resolution Chart
prj Offline
100 Club
prj
Chaska, MN
Brenda -
I have recently completed a variety of forms, letters, etc. for use at our banks. Send me an e-mail at p.johnston@kleinet.com and I will be happy to share the material with you.

Pam

Return to Top
#5819 - 10/24/01 02:49 PM Re: Error Resolution Chart
Mary Beth Guard Offline
Platinum Poster
Mary Beth Guard
Oklahoma City, OK
Hold your emails!

Pam Johnston generously agreed to send us her nine Word documents and her Excel spreadsheet for posting here.

Please note that these were designed by Pam for her member banks. They may need to be customized before you use them to reflect charter differences, mastercard vs. VISA debit cards, state laws, or contract provisions that would affect your rights and responsibilities.

Here they are! Remember to "Right click" on the files to save them to your hard drive.

There are two affidavits:

Affidavit for ACH

Affidavit of Forgery - Sales Draft

VISA Dispute letters (required for certain types of VISA disputes) There are seven different letters, each for a different purpose:

Customer Cancel Recurring Transaction

Customer Letter for Credit not processed

Customer Letter for errors at ATM when using checkcard

Customer Letter for faulty or improper merchandise

Customer Letter for fraudulent onetime or recurring transaction

Customer Letter for Services not rendered or merchandise not received

VISA cancellation letter for banks to submit on closed accounts - recurring transactions

Error Notification form (Pam says, "I work for a centralized operations division of our corporation, and this is the form used by the banks to notify us of an error)

Thanks, Pam!

Return to Top
#5820 - 02/27/02 09:03 PM Re: Error Resolution Chart
Anonymous
Unregistered

Pam Johnston's Excel spreadsheet EFT Error Investigation Form is useful, but it has incorrect time periods for error resolution. The applicable periods are 45 or 90 CALENDAR (not business) days.

Return to Top