Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#58194 - 01/30/03 10:16 PM Esign: Demonstrate
Anonymous
Unregistered

It would be appreciated if someone could help me with this: We are thinking about having customers use a computer in the bank's lobby to sign up for internet banking. The customer could give his affirmative consent to receive electronic disclosures, and the disclosures could be printed there for the customer to take and retain. If we used this method, would it also comply with the requirement for "the consumer to demonstrate the ability to access the information electronically"?

Return to Top
eBanking / Technology
#58195 - 01/30/03 10:26 PM Re: Esign: Demonstrate
Richard Insley Online
10K Club
Richard Insley
Toano, VA
Unless the customer plans to come to the bank every day to see if there's a disclosure, receive it, and print it, this is not at all satisfactory. What's going to happen when the customer gets home and can't receive your disclosuregrams or open the files? ESIGN's "demonstration" standard involves a test drive of the consumer's hardware, software, Internet access, and email capabilities.

Return to Top
#58196 - 01/30/03 10:51 PM Re: Esign: Demonstrate
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Ditto Richard's comments. This is where UETA would actually allow this and it would be an abuse on the bank's part to do so.

If I could put in the international symbol of the red circle and a line through it or a sound bite screeching out EEECCCCCKKKK I would do so here.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#58197 - 01/31/03 03:50 PM Re: Esign: Demonstrate
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thank you both for your help!

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z