BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#586448 - 07/21/06 03:00 AM R.I.P
Bimmer Offline
Diamond Poster
Bimmer
Wherever the plane lands
Today we mourn the passing of a beloved old friend, Common Sense, who has been with us for many years. No one knows for sure how old he was since his birth records were long ago lost in bureaucratic red tape.

He will be remembered as having cultivated such valuable lessons as knowing when to come in out of the rain, why the early bird gets the worm, life isn't always fair, and maybe it was my fault.

Common Sense lived by simple, sound financial policies
(don't spend more than you earn) and reliable parenting strategies (adults, not children are in charge).

His health began to deteriorate rapidly when well intentioned but overbearing regulations were set in place.
Reports of a six-year-old boy charged with sexual harassment for kissing a classmate; teens suspended from school for using mouthwash after lunch; and a teacher fired for reprimanding an unruly student, only worsened his condition.

Common Sense lost ground when parents attacked teachers for doing the job they themselves failed to do in disciplining their unruly children. It declined even further when schools were required to get parental consent to administer Aspirin, sun lotion or a sticky plaster to a student; but could not inform the parents when a student became pregnant and wanted to have an abortion.

Common Sense lost the will to live as the Ten Commandments became contraband; churches became businesses; and criminals received better treatment than their victims. Common Sense took a beating when you couldn't defend yourself from a burglar in your own home and the burglar can sue you for assault.

Common Sense finally gave up the will to live, after a woman failed to realize that a steaming cup of coffee was hot. She spilled a little in her lap, and was promptly awarded a huge settlement.

Common Sense was preceded in death by his parents,
Truth and Trust; his wife, Discretion; his daughter, Responsibility; and his son, Reason.

He is survived by three stepbrothers;
I Know My Rights, Someone Else is to Blame, and I'm A Victim.

Not many attended his funeral because so few realized he was gone.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#586449 - 07/21/06 12:06 PM Re: R.I.P
Beige Offline
Power Poster
Beige
Amen

Return to Top
#586450 - 07/21/06 12:16 PM Re: R.I.P
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
Actually, based on the Cooler posts lately, I'm more inclined to think it was Common Sense's cousin, Common Courtesy, that has passed on.

Return to Top
#586451 - 07/21/06 12:19 PM Re: R.I.P
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think he was already dead MB, and he was most likely contagious and is the one who got common sense sick in the first place...

-=ThePaul=-

Return to Top
#586452 - 07/21/06 12:31 PM Re: R.I.P
Anonymous
Unregistered

What has happened to common courtesy? It seems to have disappeared everywhere. It's seems to have gotten thin in the Cooler, at work, in public, well....everywhere. It truly saddens me.
In an attempt to maybe bring it back a little I say that anyone who reads this should try to do or to say one kind thing to someone today. I'll say something kind right now...... To anyone and everyone reading this post, may you have a remarkable day and may everyone and everything in your life be blessed.

Return to Top
#586453 - 07/21/06 01:34 PM Re: R.I.P
MadisonCali Offline
Power Poster
Great post!

Return to Top
#586454 - 07/21/06 02:21 PM Re: R.I.P
Carly Girl Offline
Power Poster
TEXAS
Happy Friday everyone! Think Positive!

Return to Top
#586455 - 07/21/06 02:26 PM Re: R.I.P
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
Quote:

What has happened to common courtesy? It seems to have disappeared everywhere. It's seems to have gotten thin in the Cooler, at work, in public, well....everywhere. It truly saddens me.
In an attempt to maybe bring it back a little I say that anyone who reads this should try to do or to say one kind thing to someone today. I'll say something kind right now...... To anyone and everyone reading this post, may you have a remarkable day and may everyone and everything in your life be blessed.

This was so nice that I'm quoting it to give it more attention.

Return to Top
#586456 - 07/21/06 02:38 PM Re: R.I.P
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
May all your hope and dreams come true and may all your days be filled with smiles.

Return to Top