Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Thread Options
#587432 - 07/24/06 04:35 PM Floyd the Biker/French Dominator
Quadspapa Offline
Power Poster
Quadspapa
Quadrupletville, Texas
Congrats to Floyd as he takes over from Lance as Americans continue to dominate the French Tour de France.

What an accomplishment considering his hip problem and upcoming hip replacement. Truly, a great accomplishment.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#587433 - 07/24/06 04:36 PM Re: Floyd the Biker/French Dominator
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
So, how long do you think it takes before the French decide that the Tour is only for Europeans?

Return to Top
#587434 - 07/24/06 04:43 PM Re: Floyd the Biker/French Dominator
Quadspapa Offline
Power Poster
Quadspapa
Quadrupletville, Texas
Next year probably

Return to Top
#587435 - 07/24/06 04:44 PM Re: Floyd the Biker/French Dominator
Anonymous
Unregistered

does anybody know where i can watch a replay of stage 17?

Return to Top
#587436 - 07/24/06 04:46 PM Re: Floyd the Biker/French Dominator
RBanker Offline
Power Poster
RBanker
Austin Texas
I have a stong hunch that the Tour Director will soon accuse him of doping!

Return to Top
#587437 - 07/24/06 04:46 PM Re: Floyd the Biker/French Dominator
Anonymous
Unregistered

That's not necessary. Every good Frenchman knows that the only U.S. victories that were valid were Floyd's and Lemond's. All good Frenchmen know that chemotherapy uses banned drugs and when that was over Armstrong doped himself, so there's only been 4 legitimate U.S. wins in the last 20 years.

Return to Top
#587438 - 07/24/06 04:52 PM Re: Floyd the Biker/French Dominator
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Quote:

I have a stong hunch that the Tour Director will soon accuse him of doping!

That's what I'm waiting on too.

Return to Top
#587439 - 07/24/06 07:06 PM Re: Floyd the Biker/French Dominator
Anonymous
Unregistered

happygilmore - here is the thread you were looking for!

Return to Top
#587440 - 07/26/06 02:22 PM Re: Floyd the Biker/French Dominator
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
I don't care who wins, as long as it ISN'T a Frenchman! Amazing how Floyd can ride with the bad hip he has. He has the same affliction that put Bo Jackson into retirement.

It IS true, what Lance Armstrong said. "Whoever can suffer the most wins."
Last edited by Nanwa; 07/26/06 02:22 PM.

Return to Top
#587441 - 07/27/06 02:22 PM Re: Floyd the Biker/French Dominator
Zamboni Driver Offline
Platinum Poster
Zamboni Driver
Going round and round
Breaking news on Landis - hope it isn't true or there's a good explanation.

MSNBC Story

Return to Top
#587442 - 07/27/06 02:26 PM Re: Floyd the Biker/French Dominator
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
In the Snow :)
MSN is reporting that Floyd Landis tested positive for the male hormone testosterone after stage 17 of the race. He had an unusually high testosterone/epitestosterone level. Landis is reported to be in Germany conferring with doctors about his hip, and missed scheduled appearances in Denmark and the Netherlands this week, which has 'baffled' organizers.

Return to Top
#587443 - 07/27/06 03:02 PM Re: Floyd the Biker/French Dominator
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
They're going to test his backup sample now.

Return to Top
#587444 - 07/27/06 03:13 PM Re: Floyd the Biker/French Dominator
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

I don't care who wins, as long as it ISN'T a Frenchman! Amazing how Floyd can ride with the bad hip he has. He has the same affliction that put Bo Jackson into retirement.

It IS true, what Lance Armstrong said. "Whoever can suffer the most wins."

Bo Jackson continued to play baseball post hip replacement, but he did retire from football.

Return to Top
#587445 - 07/27/06 03:35 PM Re: Floyd the Biker/French Dominator
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
It didn't take long for them to try throwing dirt at the American who had the nerve to win now did it?

Return to Top
#587446 - 07/27/06 03:39 PM Re: Floyd the Biker/French Dominator
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
In the Snow :)
Could the hip problems and the stress of competition cause increased hormone levels?

Return to Top
#587447 - 07/27/06 03:46 PM Re: Floyd the Biker/French Dominator
QCL Offline
Power Poster
QCL
NW IL
I went to the MSNBC Story and then glanced at the threads there. WOW...and I thought people here got into heated discussions...

Return to Top
#587448 - 07/27/06 03:54 PM Re: Floyd the Biker/French Dominator
CubDave Offline
Diamond Poster
I guarantee you this will lead to finally blowing the lid off Lance's charade. As I have stated here many times, I will never be convinced Lance Armstrong was clean.

Return to Top
#587449 - 07/27/06 04:06 PM Re: Floyd the Biker/French Dominator
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Could the hip problems and the stress of competition cause increased hormone levels?

yes, however the test. and the epitest. would BOTH increase at about the same rate. when they test for steroids they check both levels to see if one (the test. because this is what give the desired effects) is out of whack with the other.

Return to Top
#587450 - 07/27/06 04:13 PM Re: Floyd the Biker/French Dominator
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

I guarantee you this will lead to finally blowing the lid off Lance's charade. As I have stated here many times, I will never be convinced Lance Armstrong was clean.

i am.

but to the floyd issue, i am not TOO worried yet. i just spoke with my mom why alerted me to the story. i grew up like 5 minutes from where floyd gre up so it is HUGE story at home. i explained to her that test. is NOT what bikers want. they don't want to be big. they want to be small. this thing could be related to the hip. EPO is the cycling "steroid". EPO is what gives endurance.

don't start jumping to conclusions just yet people!

Return to Top
#587451 - 07/27/06 04:17 PM Re: Floyd the Biker/French Dominator
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am with Cub Dave. Even though I think lance made an incredible feat, all of those guys do it.

Return to Top
#587452 - 07/27/06 04:23 PM Re: Floyd the Biker/French Dominator
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

I am with Cub Dave. Even though I think lance made an incredible feat, all of those guys do it.

lance never tested positive though.

people, instead of villifying our heroes, let's let the the evidence come out. it will. i happen to believe that the french are out to get us. try to weigh that into your thoughts, too. if floyd was unfairly seeking an advantage, he should be punished. but it is WAY to early to jump to conclusions here.

Return to Top
#587453 - 07/27/06 04:34 PM Re: Floyd the Biker/French Dominator
Anonymous
Unregistered

one more thing: does it make a whole lot of sense logically for floyd to be cheating after everything that happened right before the tour?

all i can say is PATIENCE.

Return to Top
#587454 - 07/27/06 04:35 PM Re: Floyd the Biker/French Dominator
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
Quote:

lance never tested positive though.

people, instead of villifying our heroes, let's let the the evidence come out. it will. i happen to believe that the french are out to get us. try to weigh that into your thoughts, too. if floyd was unfairly seeking an advantage, he should be punished. but it is WAY to early to jump to conclusions here.

I agree. It is a shame that doping is so rampant in the sport, but it seems that when ANYONE who DOES win, it is immediately assumed they must have taken something. Gee, I guess you can't win if you aren't taking something.

Return to Top
#587455 - 07/27/06 04:49 PM Re: Floyd the Biker/French Dominator
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
CubDave will always have his opinion, wrong as it is. No one in the sport of cycling has ever trained the way Lance trained, many 12 hour days, he did the Col de Madeline 3 times in 1 day, and L'alp du Huez 4 times in one day. He would ride the entire TdF route 2 times prior to the race so he would know it like the back of hishands

Return to Top
#587456 - 07/27/06 05:10 PM Re: Floyd the Biker/French Dominator
CubDave Offline
Diamond Poster
Happy - I know we have and will always disagree, and that's ok, and as much as I do not like Lance Armstrong, I honestly hope he is never found guilty - why you ask? Because if he isn't, it won't bother me, but if he is, people like you that strongly believe he is innocent will be very disheartened and I don't wish that upon anyone.

Return to Top
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4