Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Thread Options
#587607 - 07/25/06 01:09 PM Re: Sorry, but this made me sick and I need to ven
Anonymous
Unregistered

saddam chose to not eat! he's not incapable of eating.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#587608 - 07/25/06 01:12 PM Re: Terri Shaivo Redux
Anonymous
Unregistered

Retitled.

Return to Top
#587609 - 07/25/06 01:43 PM Re: Sorry, but this made me sick and I need to ven
The Incredible ComplyGuy Offline
Power Poster
The Incredible ComplyGuy
The he11 of suburbia
Quote:

Ok, it's obvious that this thread has taken the turn that I really didn't want it to take. So, I present you with this.

WH confirms Saddam on feeding tube
WASHINGTON, July 24 (UPI) -- White House spokesman Tony Snow Monday confirmed former Iraqi President Saddam Hussein is on a feeding tube as the result of a hunger strike.

Snow told the daily press briefing Saddam agreed to be put on a feeding tube but said he did not know whether the procedure was performed at the detention facility where Saddam is being held or whether the former Iraqi leader had been hospitalized.

Saddam has been refusing solid food since July 7 but has been drinking water and coffee, and taking vitamins.

"His health is not in jeopardy," Snow said.

Saddam and three of his co-defendants have been refusing food in a demand for increased security for their lawyers, several of whom have been slain.

Snow said the feeding tube would be in at least 72 hours.

So then what about hot steamy sex with Sadaam??

Return to Top
#587610 - 07/25/06 01:47 PM Re: Sorry, but this made me sick and I need to ven
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey! I'm trying to eat breakfast here, ComplyGuy!

Suzy

Return to Top
#587611 - 07/25/06 01:50 PM Re: Sorry, but this made me sick and I need to ven
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

Was she really alive? Is someone who has no brain activity alive? If the doctors were right, she could not think well enough to ever know if the tube was pulled or not.

What if she had been born without the ability to think, or feel, or communicate, but with enough brain function to beat her heart and oxygenate her blood. Would it be ok to let such a baby starve to death?

J, I do not fully remember my biology days but I do remember that to be considered a living organism you must have 9 or 11 things. One of those things is to respond to stimuli.

Return to Top
#587612 - 07/25/06 02:39 PM Re: Sorry, but this made me sick and I need to vent!
redsfan Offline
Power Poster
redsfan
The Pennant Race
Don't just complain to the radio station - complain to the Federal Communications Commission as well.

That is not just sick - it's obscene.

Return to Top
#587613 - 07/25/06 06:46 PM Re: Sorry, but this made me sick and I need to ven
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Was she really alive? Is someone who has no brain activity alive? If the doctors were right, she could not think well enough to ever know if the tube was pulled or not.

What if she had been born without the ability to think, or feel, or communicate, but with enough brain function to beat her heart and oxygenate her blood. Would it be ok to let such a baby starve to death?

J, I do not fully remember my biology days but I do remember that to be considered a living organism you must have 9 or 11 things. One of those things is to respond to stimuli.

Oh, well, ok then - starve that baby!

Return to Top
#587614 - 07/25/06 09:04 PM Re: Sorry, but this made me sick and I need to ven
Snowqueen Offline
Diamond Poster
Snowqueen
dreaming of a warm beach......
The joke obviously bothered you. Complain to the general manager of the station. If nothing else, you will feel better knowing you expressed your opinion.

For everyone expressing their opinions on whether the feeding tube should or should not have been removed, please make sure you have a living will directing your wishes. You are able to specifically state your wishes on the very subject or you can allow your family/spouse to decide. The end result is that you will die. Only difference is when.

Return to Top
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4