Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Thread Options
#587532 - 07/24/06 05:00 PM Sorry, but this made me sick and I need to vent!
Bimmer Offline
Diamond Poster
Bimmer
Wherever the plane lands
Despite anyone's personal thoughts on this particular topic and what occurred, I am curious to know if everyone feels the same way I do about what I heard over the weekend.

This past Saturday evening, I was in my car and had on one of my favorite radio stations out of Orlando. Apparently they had one of their interns filling in for the normal radio personality in that time slot.

Now, I must first say that I am a very easy going person and can normally deal with someone trying to make light of a controversial issue, but I feel that this was way over the top and wrong on so many levels.

This intern on Saturday night thought that it would be funny to describe what it would be like for him to have "Hot, sweaty sex" with Terri Schaivo. Now I immediately reached over to change the station, but could not get to it before hearing what he thought would be the sounds out of Terri Schaivo, while performing this act.

I have no idea why he would even bring up Terri Schaivo at this point, but does anyone else think that this is just sick, or is it just me?

I know that some of you on here are quite immature and would find this funny, but I don't.

Thank you for letting me vent.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#587533 - 07/24/06 05:02 PM Re: Sorry, but this made me sick and I need to ven
Anonymous
Unregistered

Did the joke involve Mexicans or Mexico in any way? If not, I'm ok with it.

Return to Top
#587534 - 07/24/06 05:03 PM Re: Sorry, but this made me sick and I need to vent!
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
I think that sounds like one of the most tasteless things I've ever heard. I totally agree with you Bimmer and I would probably complain to the station.

Return to Top
#587535 - 07/24/06 05:03 PM Re: Sorry, but this made me sick and I need to ven
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
I don't think that making fun of the developmentally disabled is humorous at all.

Return to Top
#587536 - 07/24/06 05:04 PM Re: Sorry, but this made me sick and I need to vent!
Anonymous
Unregistered

that's just wrong.

Return to Top
#587537 - 07/24/06 05:04 PM Re: Sorry, but this made me sick and I need to vent!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Bimmer,

You know there are a lot of people out there that have that kind of sick sense of humor. Now imagine if any of Terri's family or friends had heard this how appalled would they be? I completely agree with you that it was just sick and if I were you I would complain to the radio station or switch the dial permanently.

I would be curious to see if anyone else complained to the station. I am sure you were not alone.

Return to Top
#587538 - 07/24/06 05:05 PM Re: Sorry, but this made me sick and I need to vent!
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
Disgraceful. I would definately call to complain.

Return to Top
#587539 - 07/24/06 05:08 PM Re: Sorry, but this made me sick and I need to vent!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Bimmer,
I totally agree with you. I am an easy going person too. I let alot of crass humor go. This is just completely wrong. I agree with everyone who said you should call the station and complain.

Return to Top
#587540 - 07/24/06 05:09 PM Re: Sorry, but this made me sick and I need to vent!
Creditcop Offline
Diamond Poster
Creditcop
Indiana
I would complain, those types of comments are over the line.

Return to Top
#587541 - 07/24/06 05:17 PM Re: Sorry, but this made me sick and I need to vent!
Beige Offline
Power Poster
Beige
I normally love crass humor - but that is WAY WAY WAY past the crass point. Not funny doesn't even begin to explain that stupidity!!!

Return to Top
#587542 - 07/24/06 05:20 PM Re: Sorry, but this made me sick and I need to vent!
Carly Girl Offline
Power Poster
TEXAS
There are some things in life you just dont joke about and disabled people is one of them. Complain!

Return to Top
#587543 - 07/24/06 05:28 PM Re: Sorry, but this made me sick and I need to ven
Anonymous
Unregistered

And tell them that the next time their license comes up for renewal--and the station is required to announce that on air when it does--you will send a letter protesting their license to the FCC.

Return to Top
#587544 - 07/24/06 05:32 PM Re: Sorry, but this made me sick and I need to ven
Anonymous
Unregistered

I heard this same joke on a HBO special and even though it was on cable, I also found it very disrespctful. That is not something you joke about.

Return to Top
#587545 - 07/24/06 05:34 PM Re: Sorry, but this made me sick and I need to ven
Bimmer Offline
Diamond Poster
Bimmer
Wherever the plane lands
Quote:

And tell them that the next time their license comes up for renewal--and the station is required to announce that on air when it does--you will send a letter protesting their license to the FCC.

Is that true??? If so, that you for the info.

I don't want to sound like some whiney person with no sense of humor. I am never one to complain about anything, but as I said, this was wrong in so many different levels, that I can't let it go without saying something.

Return to Top
#587546 - 07/24/06 05:38 PM Re: Sorry, but this made me sick and I need to ven
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

I don't want to sound like some whiney person with no sense of humor. I am never one to complain about anything, but as I said, this was wrong in so many different levels, that I can't let it go without saying something.

do you expect this guy to return to the airwaves? i would think he just marginalized himself to now only appeal to a very small demographic.

Return to Top
#587547 - 07/24/06 05:39 PM Re: Sorry, but this made me sick and I need to ven
The Incredible ComplyGuy Offline
Power Poster
The Incredible ComplyGuy
The he11 of suburbia
What I don't understand is that something like that can be broadcast, but average profanity is censored out.

Return to Top
#587548 - 07/24/06 05:40 PM Re: Sorry, but this made me sick and I need to ven
Bimmer Offline
Diamond Poster
Bimmer
Wherever the plane lands
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

do you expect this guy to return to the airwaves? i would think he just marginalized himself to now only appeal to a very small demographic.

I certainly hope he doesn't return to the airwaves! I guess it's best to complain while he is still an intern.

Return to Top
#587549 - 07/24/06 05:42 PM Re: Sorry, but this made me sick and I need to ven
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

What I don't understand is that something like that can be broadcast, but average profanity is censored out.

profanity doesn't require thinking to censor: is it on the list or isn't it? content requires a decision-maker.

Return to Top
#587550 - 07/24/06 05:46 PM Re: Sorry, but this made me sick and I need to ven
Bimmer Offline
Diamond Poster
Bimmer
Wherever the plane lands
So, honestly, does anyone think that I might be making too big of a deal out of this whole situation?

Return to Top
#587551 - 07/24/06 05:47 PM Re: Sorry, but this made me sick and I need to ven
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think its funny. Its just me, but life is not about getting upset at everything. Lets have fun. Besides, did you really think everyone would steer clear of it? We now have people blaming bush for a 911 conspiracy.

Return to Top
#587552 - 07/24/06 05:47 PM Re: Sorry, but this made me sick and I need to ven
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
If you have read the responses, I would say you're not making a big deal out of it.

Return to Top
#587553 - 07/24/06 05:55 PM Re: Sorry, but this made me sick and I need to ven
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

I think its funny. Its just me, but life is not about getting upset at everything. Lets have fun. Besides, did you really think everyone would steer clear of it? We now have people blaming bush for a 911 conspiracy.

I am not sure exactly how you can think that making fun of someone who was disabled and is now deceased is fun or that joking about sexually taking advantage of someone in that state is funny. To me that's just as bad as being a child predator, do you think that is funny too? You are right life is not about getting upset at everything but it is about having some type of common decency. I am ashamed for you that you think something like that is funny.

Also, I am not sure what Bush and 9/11 have to do with this?

Return to Top
#587554 - 07/24/06 05:57 PM Re: Sorry, but this made me sick and I need to ven
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm sorry that you think making a joke about someone who isn't alive is the same thing as abusing a child.

Return to Top
#587555 - 07/24/06 05:59 PM Re: Sorry, but this made me sick and I need to ven
CRAatBOK Offline

Power Poster
Further South than I wanna be.
Quote:

Maybe if your sister or wife was the one that was being used in this sick attempt at humor you wouldn't feel the same.

Bimmer, I hope you will express your disgust with this person's radio humor. I think a letter to the editor might be effective too.

Return to Top
#587556 - 07/24/06 06:03 PM Re: Sorry, but this made me sick and I need to ven
MelissaAnn Offline
Platinum Poster
MelissaAnn
Washington State
A few years back, we had one of our local DJ's suspended because of some comments that he made. I would definetly complain!

Return to Top
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4