Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#593138 - 08/03/06 08:18 PM EquityLine for purpose of purchase...disclosures??
BY THE RULES Offline
NC
Not my area of expertise..please help! I have just been presented w/a loan package for a $10,000 EQL towards purchase of home. The entire line was disbursed at closing. Does ROR apply for subsequent advances? Should we have given the disclosure at closing? OR, does ROR only apply for purchase $ HELOCs when the credit line is not fully disbursed at closing?

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#593139 - 08/03/06 08:27 PM Re: EquityLine for purpose of purchase...disclosures??
Dan Persfull Online
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN

Return to Top
#593140 - 08/03/06 09:12 PM Re: EquityLine for purpose of purchase...disclosures??
BY THE RULES Offline
NC
Thanks for the links to the previous discussions. I tried doing a search before I posted my question and couldn't find it (haven't perfected my search abilities yet I guess). So if I'm reading/understanding this correctly, since we did not give ROR at the initial closing, we will have to give at each subsequent advance? Or, is there a way to word an ROR that will apply to ALL subsequent advances that we can give now or at the time of the next advance (preferably now as we may not catch the next advance)?

Return to Top
#593141 - 08/03/06 09:13 PM Re: EquityLine for purpose of purchase...disclosur
Kathleen O. Blanchard Offline

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
Do an ROR before any post-purchase advances are given. Then you will be covered for subsequent advances. I doctored up an ROR to say it applied to post close advances only. Give the ROR now so you don't have an issue with a missed advance.
www.kaybeescomplianceinsights.com

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z