Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#594093 - 08/07/06 01:49 PM Fear
Anonymous
Unregistered

How scared is everyone of the Eagles now? Sure the "ones" only played one series a piece last night but they looked DOMINANT.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#594094 - 08/07/06 01:52 PM Re: Fear
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
OOOOHHH...quaking in my boots...I wouldn't put a lot of stock in the first exhibition game, espcecially since they played the pathetic raiders....

Return to Top
#594095 - 08/07/06 01:55 PM Re: Fear
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

OOOOHHH...quaking in my boots...I wouldn't put a lot of stock in the first exhibition game, espcecially since they played the pathetic raiders....

i know i know. i am mostly excited that football is at hand but, man, those raiders just got steamrolled out there. it's kind of hard for d-lines to tackle when the iggles o-line puts them on their @$$ every down!

Return to Top
#594096 - 08/07/06 02:05 PM Re: Fear
Bimmer Offline
Diamond Poster
Bimmer
Wherever the plane lands
Mcnabb looked great! And what can I say about Brian Westbrook - I don't think I have to say anything

Isn't Buckhalter back this season?

Return to Top
#594097 - 08/07/06 02:09 PM Re: Fear
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Isn't Buckhalter back this season?

he is. they are not rushing him back because of his previous injuries but there isn't rush so what's the point. i think we're going to need him depth-wise but if we are able to get the buck of 3 or 4 years ago to boot, the rest of the league could be in BIG BIG trouble.

Return to Top
#594098 - 08/07/06 04:43 PM Re: Fear
Peepers Offline
10K Club
Quote:

the rest of the league could be in BIG BIG trouble.

How much havoc can an 8-8 team cause?

Return to Top
#594099 - 08/07/06 05:36 PM Re: Fear
JacF Offline

Power Poster
PA
Quote:

Quote:

Not much- but we aren't talking about an 8-8 team, we are talking about a healthy, unified Eagles team.

And how about the run stopping by the first team defense?

Yes- the Birds are back!

Return to Top
#594100 - 08/07/06 05:44 PM Re: Fear
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Not much- but we aren't talking about an 8-8 team, we are talking about a healthy, unified Eagles team.

And how about the run stopping by the first team defense?

Yes- the Birds are back!

oh and btw, bunkley isn't even on the field. sure, he's only a rookie. but he is the most talented dt of the bunch!

the raiders' blocking schemes just evaporated about 1 second into the play!

but we "lost" to

Return to Top
#594101 - 08/07/06 06:24 PM Re: Fear
Dip Offline
Power Poster
Dip
San Diego, CA
can anyone tell me how the chargers are supposed to do this year? especially without drew breeze?

Return to Top
#594102 - 08/07/06 06:30 PM Re: Fear
BotV#6 Offline
Power Poster
BotV#6
Anywhere I want to be
Quote:

can anyone tell me how the chargers are supposed to do this year? especially without drew breeze?

It will depend on which football analyst you want to listen to. Some believe that Rivers will be ok because he has LT, Gates, and a good defense and SD will make the playoffs, but others think that SD will not be contenders because of Rivers's lack of experience.

Return to Top
#594103 - 08/07/06 06:50 PM Re: Fear
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

It will depend on which football analyst you want to listen to. Some believe that Rivers will be ok because he has LT, Gates, and a good defense and SD will make the playoffs, but others think that SD will not be contenders because of Rivers's lack of experience.

dip, i think you guys will be good. that defense keeps getting better and better and you already have the offensive weapons so rivers doesn't have to be montana.

Return to Top
#594104 - 08/07/06 07:02 PM Re: Fear
Peepers Offline
10K Club
I think the Chargers will struggle.

A sure remedy for this would be a game against the Eagles.

(disclaimer: I have nothing against the Eagles, I like joking with Ron. It’s like poking a stick at a caged animal. My therapist said I needed new hobbies)

Return to Top
#594105 - 08/07/06 07:05 PM Re: Fear
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

I think the Chargers will struggle.

A sure remedy for this would be a game against the Eagles.

(disclaimer: I have nothing against the Eagles, I like joking with Ron. It’s like poking a stick at a caged animal. My therapist said I needed new hobbies)

brett favre vegas prop: o/u interceptions= 50.

Return to Top
#594106 - 08/07/06 07:15 PM Re: Fear
Peepers Offline
10K Club
Oh yeah, that’s really going out on a limb.

Take the over of course.

Return to Top
#594107 - 08/07/06 07:17 PM Re: Fear
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Oh yeah, that’s really going out on a limb.

Take the over of course.

is he in the top 5 of your fantasy preranking or only top 10?

Return to Top
#594108 - 08/07/06 07:19 PM Re: Fear
Peepers Offline
10K Club
I have Ty Detmer ranked higher.

My fantasy acumen is scary. I have to pinch myself periodically to make sure I’m not dreaming.

Return to Top
#594109 - 08/07/06 07:22 PM Re: Fear
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

My fantasy acumen is scary. I have to pinch myself periodically to make sure I’m not dreaming.

i think you mean koy. (he's not going to make the team)

you are not dreaming; you really have no chance.

Return to Top
#594110 - 08/07/06 07:27 PM Re: Fear
Anonymous
Unregistered

Speaking of the Eagles and them being unified, etc (i.e. no T.O), did you read that T.O. has been on the sidelines since the middle of last week. He feels a 'twinge' in his hamstring. They did an MRI which came back just fine, but good old T.O. says it doesn't feel quite right so he's on a stationery bike on the sidelines instead of practicing. Can't you just hear what is going on in Bill Parcell's head?

Return to Top
#594111 - 08/07/06 07:31 PM Re: Fear
Peepers Offline
10K Club
Quote:

Quote:

i think you mean koy. (he's not going to make the team)

you are not dreaming; you really have no chance.

Told you my fantasy acumen is scary.

Prediction: local newspaper headline sometime around mid December, ‘Unbathed and extremely soiled local man found wandering the streets aimlessly’.

The only words he uttered were ‘F’n Favre, I should have cut him in week one’.

Return to Top
#594112 - 08/07/06 07:46 PM Re: Fear
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
Quote:

Speaking of the Eagles and them being unified, etc (i.e. no T.O), did you read that T.O. has been on the sidelines since the middle of last week. He feels a 'twinge' in his hamstring. They did an MRI which came back just fine, but good old T.O. says it doesn't feel quite right so he's on a stationery bike on the sidelines instead of practicing. Can't you just hear what is going on in Bill Parcell's head?

I heard that this morning-how long until Tuna refers to TO as SHE, a la Terry Glenn? You'd think TO would have been in perfect condition considering how much free time he had...

I saw part of an interview of TO by Stone Phillips-whining about how the Eagles blamed everything on him.... WAAAAA....
Last edited by sox in '04; 08/07/06 07:46 PM.

Return to Top
#594113 - 08/07/06 08:09 PM Re: Fear
Anonymous
Unregistered

Terry Glenn is injured also. Let's all have a big cry for the Cowboys.

Return to Top
#594114 - 08/08/06 02:44 PM Re: Fear
Anonymous
Unregistered

and eagles fan, let's not forget that we signed b-dawk for another 2 years!!!!

mcnabb is going to have a fantastic year. he's pissed and has alot of people to shut up. trust me on this one.

Return to Top
#594115 - 08/08/06 05:36 PM Re: Fear
Anonymous
Unregistered

From Fox Sports, Why Your Team Will Win the Superbowl:
The Eagles will will because: "McNabb lost 10 lbs off his stomach, and 255 lbs (give or take a Sharpie) off his back."
BTW - TO now says he will not be able to play in the Cowboys opener this weekend because he doesn't want to damage his hamstring. At least for Philly and San Fran he waited a year before doing the prima-donna act.

Return to Top