Thread Options
#594709 - 08/10/06 01:47 PM Re: Connecticut Politics
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I would love to see him get his butt kicked.

why? party allegiance?

I just don't like him and I don't like the way he's responded to this challenge.

Do you know anything about him other than his support for the Iraq war?

I am willing to bet you supported him when he ran for VP.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#594710 - 08/10/06 01:58 PM Re: Connecticut Politics
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

why? party allegiance?

I just don't like him and I don't like the way he's responded to this challenge.

what don't you like about his positions? which do you like, which do you dislike?

are you really upset about the way politicians play the game of politics?

Is there some reason you are jumping all over a fairly innocuous statement?

is there some reason you are getting defensive at simple questions?

I'm not defensive at all. I just don't like the guy. And that seems to cause you some sort of distress. You seem to think you are onto some awesome insight because I don't like him. I never understood why he was chosen as a running mate a few years ago and I think he's behaving pretty poorly now. My opinion, plain and simple.

Return to Top
#594711 - 08/10/06 01:59 PM Re: Connecticut Politics
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

why? party allegiance?

You would be wrong. I voted Green in that election.

Return to Top
#594712 - 08/10/06 02:05 PM Re: Connecticut Politics
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

why? party allegiance?

You voted for Kermit?

Return to Top
#594713 - 08/10/06 02:06 PM Re: Connecticut Politics
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

why? party allegiance?

You voted for Kermit?

No, I voted for the Hulk.

Return to Top
#594714 - 08/10/06 02:09 PM Re: Connecticut Politics
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

why? party allegiance?

You voted for Kermit?

It isn't easy being green!

Return to Top
#594715 - 08/10/06 02:13 PM Re: Connecticut Politics
Bimmer Offline
Diamond Poster
Bimmer
Wherever the plane lands
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

why? party allegiance?

You voted for Kermit?

No it's not! Just ask Al Gore!

Gore isn't quite as green as he's led the world to believe

Return to Top
#594716 - 08/10/06 02:14 PM Re: Connecticut Politics
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

why? party allegiance?

what don't you like about his positions? which do you like, which do you dislike?

I'm not defensive at all. I just don't like the guy. And that seems to cause you some sort of distress. You seem to think you are onto some awesome insight because I don't like him. I never understood why he was chosen as a running mate a few years ago and I think he's behaving pretty poorly now. My opinion, plain and simple.

i simply asked you to say why your opinion is what it is. when did you become a mind reader to know why i ask what i ask?

Return to Top
#594717 - 08/10/06 02:21 PM Re: Connecticut Politics
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

why? party allegiance?

i simply asked you to say why your opinion is what it is. when did you become a mind reader to know why i ask what i ask?

Why do you want to know? You've made it pretty clear that you don't like me, so why is my opinion on anything of interest to you?

Return to Top
#594718 - 08/10/06 02:32 PM Re: Connecticut Politics
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

why? party allegiance?

You voted for Kermit?

No it's not! Just ask Al Gore!

Gore isn't quite as green as he's led the world to believe

As if 8 years of Clinton/Gore doing nothing but watching carbon emissions increase in the U.S. wasn't enough evidence of his hypocrisy. Oh yeah, didn't he vote to break a tie to "temporarily" (cough, cough) increase our gasoline tax?

Return to Top
#594719 - 08/10/06 02:36 PM Re: Connecticut Politics
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

why? party allegiance?

Do you know any of this other positions or do you just dislike him because of the war?

Why do you routinely ignore questions asking you to explain your positions? I have not been rude to you, I am not talking down to you or making fun of you in any way, yet you ignored my question in the other thread regarding geunine respect and you ignored my question here regarding your opposition to Lieberman.

Return to Top
#594720 - 08/10/06 02:39 PM Re: Connecticut Politics
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

why? party allegiance?

Do you know any of this other positions or do you just dislike him because of the war?

Why do you routinely ignore questions asking you to explain your positions? I have not been rude to you, I am not talking down to you or making fun of you in any way, yet you ignored my question in the other thread regarding geunine respect and you ignored my question here regarding your opposition to Lieberman.

I felt you were rude in the other thread that's why I ignored it. In here I don't feel it's relevant. Is that OK?

Return to Top
#594721 - 08/10/06 02:57 PM Re: Connecticut Politics
The Incredible ComplyGuy Offline
Power Poster
The Incredible ComplyGuy
The he11 of suburbia
The general election should be interesting. We'll see if the Republican party tries to "secretly" support Lieberman instead of the loser they have already registered. I hear that even the Republicans in the state are heavily anti-war, so if that's the case Lieberman doesn't stand a chance.

Return to Top
#594722 - 08/10/06 03:05 PM Re: Connecticut Politics
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

I hear that even the Republicans in the state are heavily anti-war, so if that's the case Lieberman doesn't stand a chance.

Yes, and I hear that neither of them will vote for Lieberman under any circumstances.

Return to Top
#594723 - 08/10/06 03:31 PM Re: Connecticut Politics
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Quote:

Quote:

I hear that even the Republicans in the state are heavily anti-war, so if that's the case Lieberman doesn't stand a chance.

Yes, and I hear that neither of them will vote for Lieberman under any circumstances.

Return to Top
#594724 - 08/10/06 04:34 PM Re: Connecticut Politics
Fraudman CFCI Offline
Power Poster
Fraudman CFCI
Land of Steady Habits
I wil predict now that Lieberman will win in November. There are 600,000 registered Democrats and 400,000 registered Republicand, The Independent registrations are significant and will carry the day.

He has my Republican vote.

Return to Top
#594725 - 08/10/06 05:09 PM Re: Connecticut Politics
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Why do you want to know? You've made it pretty clear that you don't like me, so why is my opinion on anything of interest to you?

i want to know because you didn't give any reasons. i want to give you a chance to redeem yourself. i think you would want people to think your opinions have more of a basis than a coin toss. and you throw your opinion around all the time here so i want to be able to judge what merit i should give to your posts. i explain my opinions.

why do you think i don't like you? i have never insulted you here.

Return to Top
#594726 - 08/10/06 05:15 PM Re: Connecticut Politics
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Quote:

Quote:

i want to know because you didn't give any reasons. i want to give you a chance to redeem yourself. i think you would want people to think your opinions have more of a basis than a coin toss. and you throw your opinion around all the time here so i want to be able to judge what merit i should give to your posts. i explain my opinions.

Oh, please. Don't do me any favors. I don't need you to offer me redemption. That's just a back-handed slap in the face dressed up as concern. Just ignore my opinion if you can't decide how to weigh it.

Return to Top
#594727 - 08/10/06 05:24 PM Re: Connecticut Politics
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

why? party allegiance?

I felt you were rude in the other thread that's why I ignored it. In here I don't feel it's relevant. Is that OK?

And if I say no?

Have you noticed you find a lot of people rude?

You make a statement like I want to see his butt kicked but no one should ask why? Not relevant? Very strange.

Why do you want to share opinions here, but not want to discuss those opinions? Isn't that why we are here?

Return to Top
#594728 - 08/10/06 05:28 PM Re: Connecticut Politics
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Oh, please. Don't do me any favors. I don't need you to offer me redemption. That's just a back-handed slap in the face dressed up as concern. Just ignore my opinion if you can't decide how to weigh it.

You knoe, an easier way for your opinion to be ignored is to not offer it. You are reading way too much into things here. I know you have been heavily attacked in other threads, but no one is attacking you here. Just trying to engage in conversation, which you obviously don't want to do.

Return to Top
#594729 - 08/10/06 05:36 PM Re: Connecticut Politics
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

why? party allegiance?

And if I say no?

Have you noticed you find a lot of people rude?

You make a statement like I want to see his butt kicked but no one should ask why? Not relevant? Very strange.

Why do you want to share opinions here, but not want to discuss those opinions? Isn't that why we are here?

It's not relevant because I don't vote in Connecticut. Want to know about the Ohio elections I'm concerned about?

If you honestly don't think you were rude in that other thread then what do you call these gems?

Quote:

What does this entail? Should all people in "muslim" lands, which according to the extremists runs from Iberia to India, be converted to Islam and the governments hand over control to a new Caliphate?

Would that be "sincere" respect or do you think something short of that will suffice?

Should Israel ask Hezbollah pretty please not to cross its border and kill/kidnap its soldiers? Or would that be disrepectful?

Quote:

Then please lets delve into these deeper issues. Perhaps if we examine them, we could enlighten my opinion.

Do those really sound like polite requests to you?

Return to Top
#594730 - 08/10/06 05:40 PM Re: Connecticut Politics
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

I wil predict now that Lieberman will win in November. There are 600,000 registered Democrats and 400,000 registered Republicand, The Independent registrations are significant and will carry the day.

He has my Republican vote.

Why does he have your vote? What do you like about him?

Suzy

Return to Top
#594731 - 08/10/06 05:49 PM Re: Connecticut Politics
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
Quote:

It's not relevant because I don't vote in Connecticut. Want to know about the Ohio elections I'm concerned about?

Well, with thta premise, your original opinion regarding Lieberman is irrelevant too, no?

Quote:

If you honestly don't think you were rude in that other thread then what do you call these gems?

Quote:

What does this entail? Should all people in "muslim" lands, which according to the extremists runs from Iberia to India, be converted to Islam and the governments hand over control to a new Caliphate?

Would that be "sincere" respect or do you think something short of that will suffice?

Should Israel ask Hezbollah pretty please not to cross its border and kill/kidnap its soldiers? Or would that be disrepectful?

Quote:

Then please lets delve into these deeper issues. Perhaps if we examine them, we could enlighten my opinion.

Do those really sound like polite requests to you?

Sarcasm - making of agreeably worded but harshly intended remarks

Rude - offensive in manner.

There is a difference between sarcasm and rudeness. The latter is offensive in and of itself. The former is harsh, not necessarily offensive. It is a sophisticated concept that many misundertand. But I don't think we need yet another thread to devolve into a discussion about how you took offense to someone's comments.

As I said earlier, you wish to post your opinions here, but do not wish to discuss those opinions. I understand that now and will not attempt to engage you in discussions in the future. No problem.

Return to Top
#594732 - 08/10/06 05:51 PM Re: Connecticut Politics
Fraudman CFCI Offline
Power Poster
Fraudman CFCI
Land of Steady Habits
The Republican candidate is a non-entity lightweight. The Green Party canidiate is unkown. Lamont had a dream to run and has no experience.

Lieberman is a known quantity, has 18 years experience in Washington and is a former Attorney General for Connecticut. There is no subsitute for tenure in Washington.

These are difficult times we live in and I do not see things improving down the road. While I do agree with all of Lieberman's positions on the issues, he is strong on national defense. I can live with my disagreements.

Return to Top
#594733 - 08/10/06 05:52 PM Re: Connecticut Politics
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
"It's not relevant because I don't vote in Connecticut. Want to know about the Ohio elections I'm concerned about?"

If it isn't relevant, why comment in the first place, then refuse to answer politely asked questions about your statement?
Last edited by sox in '04; 08/10/06 06:22 PM.

Return to Top
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5