Learn More - Click Here!

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Thread Options
#594784 - 08/18/06 06:06 PM Re: show the reps whats up in the mid term
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

The Republicans will throw one of their own "under the bus" in order to win the election?

If they throw "one of their own" under the bus, how are the Republicans "winning" by electing an independent who will continue to caucus with the Democrats?

If Lieberman wasn't more Republican then Democrat, do you really think the Republicans would be embracing him? I certainly feel that the Republicans would consider it a win if Lieberman would be elected. Otherwise, why would Gibson be so pleased about the possibility of "embarassing the Democrats"?

Lieberman is lauded for stepping outside of his party lines. Hagal is demonized. Dixie Chicks should be shot for their opinions. Mel Gibson was drunk and shouldn't be held accountable for his.

We're living in strange times.

Suzy

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#594785 - 08/18/06 06:10 PM Re: show the reps whats up in the mid term
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

The Republicans will throw one of their own "under the bus" in order to win the election?

If they throw "one of their own" under the bus, how are the Republicans "winning" by electing an independent who will continue to caucus with the Democrats?

If Lieberman wasn't more Republican then Democrat, do you really think the Republicans would be embracing him? I certainly feel that the Republicans would consider it a win if Lieberman would be elected. Otherwise, why would Gibson be so pleased about the possibility of "embarassing the Democrats"?

Lieberman is lauded for stepping outside of his party lines. Hagal is demonized. Dixie Chicks should be shot for their opinions. Mel Gibson was drunk and shouldn't be held accountable for his.

Suzy

OK, what does this statement have anything to do with your last two posts?

Return to Top
#594786 - 08/18/06 06:12 PM Re: show the reps whats up in the mid term
Anonymous
Unregistered

What does what statement have to do with my last two posts?

Suzy

Return to Top
#594787 - 08/18/06 06:33 PM Re: show the reps whats up in the mid term
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Because the left has gone off the reservation. Lieberman scored an 8% American Conservative Union rating. That is less conservative than Hillary Clinton, Barbara Boxer, and Russ Feingold, and equal to the ratings earned by Dodd, Biden, Kerry, and Schumer.

This has nothing to do with being a Republican. It has to do with the war, plain and simple.

To correct some selective memory:

Lieberman is lauded by Republicans for stepping outside of his party lines, and demonized by Democrats. Hagal is lauded by the NYT for stepping outside his party lines, while he is demonized by the right. The Right thinks the Dixie Chicks should be shot for their opinions while the left thinks it is unconstitutional for country music fans to NOT buy an album from someone who insults the President. Some say Mel Gibson was drunk and shouldn't be held accountable for his opinions, while the left thinks his opinions are more dangerous than Hezbollah.

Return to Top
#594788 - 08/18/06 07:30 PM Re: show the reps whats up in the mid term
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, thanks for editing my comments, -5-. You sure are good at the boxes and editing tools on the threads. Not sure that's the exact spin I'd put on them. In fact, I think that if I thought that, I'd have put those comments in originally myself. Thanks for leaving in the strange times comment intact. I guess I should be happy that I'm allowed to hold that opinion and not have a little spin put on it. After all you could have put that it was strange times due to the fact that Suzy believes -5- is a sexy guy. On second thought, that would be kind of strange.

Suzy

Return to Top
#594789 - 08/18/06 07:39 PM Re: show the reps whats up in the mid term
Fraudman CFCI Offline
Power Poster
Fraudman CFCI
Land of Steady Habits
While Lieberman is enjoying tremendous support from Connecticut Republicans, the number of registered independent voters in the state is huge. These two combined will carry Lieberman back to the Senate.

Return to Top
#594790 - 08/18/06 07:56 PM Re: show the reps whats up in the mid term
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Quote:

Well, thanks for editing my comments, -5-.

Your comments are still in your post, as you posted them. I simply corrected them for what I assumed was a selective memory. Based on your statement that if you thought those things, you would have put them there yourself, maybe it's not so much selective memory as just outright bias. But, as Bob Dole would say, whatever.

Quote:

Not sure that's the exact spin I'd put on them.

Well, it wasn't spin, but perhaps you are too jaded to see that.

This is how good I am at quoting:

"-5- is a sexy guy."

-Suzy

Return to Top
#594791 - 08/18/06 07:59 PM Re: show the reps whats up in the mid term
Anonymous
Unregistered

Whatever.

Suzy

Return to Top
#594792 - 08/18/06 08:19 PM Re: show the reps whats up in the mid term
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Whatever.

Suzy

I take it this is a concession?

Return to Top
#594793 - 08/18/06 08:34 PM Re: show the reps whats up in the mid term
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

Whatever.

Suzy

I take it this is a concession?

I was quoting Bob Dole.

Suzy

Return to Top
#594794 - 08/18/06 08:55 PM Re: show the reps whats up in the mid term
Anonymous
Unregistered

ahhh gotcha

Return to Top
#594795 - 08/18/06 09:02 PM Re: show the reps whats up in the mid term
Anonymous
Unregistered

Bob Dole doesn't need anyone but Bob Dole to quote Bob Dole. Bob Dole does a fine job quoting Bob Dole all by Bob Dole's self.

Return to Top
#594796 - 08/18/06 09:08 PM Re: show the reps whats up in the mid term
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

While Lieberman is enjoying tremendous support from Connecticut Republicans, the number of registered independent voters in the state is huge. These two combined will carry Lieberman back to the Senate.

Only 1/6th of those eligible to vote in the primary actually voted. Those who did not show up in this tight race, must not think the War in Iraq is THE only issue. The general election will be interesting and I think the millionaire challenger will go down to Leiberman.

Return to Top
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5