Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#596030 - 08/10/06 02:53 AM Waiving fees - selective decision
Tryin-2-Comply Offline
100 Club
Hills of TN
Does a regulation exist that prohibits banks from selectively choosing who is charged for foreign ATM charges? This is my issue. We have a few branches where ATMs are not abundant and some of our customers may use another bank's ATM for a fee. Our branch managers want to go through a list each month and decide by choosing who they think should be waived the fee -- and waive the fee. To me that is discriminatory, because someone could be overlooked that is down on their luck and needs the break too but won't recieve it because their name didn't jump out at the one making the selections. I just can't find anything to support my arguement. Any suggestions are helpful and appreciated.

Return to Top
Deposits and Payments
#596031 - 08/10/06 02:58 AM Re: Waiving fees - selective decision
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
No regulations exist that prohibit this. Why do it in such a manual way - just waive the fee for all customers for those branches in question. Why compound this issue with a process that costs you even more in labor??? You have review time, then somebody has to process all the waivers, you have to develop internal controls so there is no fraud going on, etc., etc. Either it becomes bank policy or leave it be.

Return to Top
#596032 - 08/10/06 10:51 AM Re: Waiving fees - selective decision
Tryin-2-Comply Offline
100 Club
Hills of TN
Thanks for the help....

Return to Top

Moderator:  John Burnett