#596157 - 08/10/06 05:15 PM Re: UK - US Terror Threat
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Oh, and I'd also liked to be marked down for chicken salad for lunch.

I would do that for you, Suzy, but, based on your postings, I'm afraid you might confuse it with something much less tasty.

Tuna?

Suzy

Yeah, tuna...

I'll take the tuna if Suzy doesn't want it!

-smilin' sunshine

Pssst! It's not really tuna...

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#596158 - 08/10/06 05:17 PM Re: UK - US Terror Threat
Beige Offline
Power Poster
Beige
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I would do that for you, Suzy, but, based on your postings, I'm afraid you might confuse it with something much less tasty.

Tuna?

Suzy

Yeah, tuna...

-smilin' sunshine

ssshhh...if my brain doesn't know what it REALLY is than that's fine! Als long as it's yummy!!!

Return to Top
#596159 - 08/10/06 05:17 PM Re: UK - US Terror Threat
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
Yes, the extra time will be an inconvenience, but to say "suffer needlessly"...geeezz...get over it.

Return to Top
#596160 - 08/10/06 05:21 PM Re: UK - US Terror Threat
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Just an explanatory note about myself for those that may categorize me as some wild-eyed liberal...

When I heard the news this morning, first thing I think is a great tragedy was avoided. Seconds later however, I'm thinking, crap, like airport security wasn't bad enough -- eventually we'll have to board the plane naked and carry transparent suitcases. You see, while so many you are high-fiveing about the job well done by Scotland Yard, I'm thinking about how we'll all have to suffer needlessly because of this (especially those of us that frequently fly) and why more thought isn't given to the responses to these types of things. I'm basically a negative person who sees a black cloud in every silver lining. I attack the Bush adminstration because they're the ones currently in power screwing things up. In 2008, quite possibly a democrat will take office and if they have the same congressional majorities Bush has, will be able to screw up just as much (just different things). And I'll be criticizing then just as much as I do now -- mark my words.

So, in addition to my charming innuendos, my role here as I see it is to bring you folks down to earth.

WOW! could you be anymore self-centered? No props for the cautions being taken...just that you are going to be inconvenienced??? Get over yourself!!!!

You don't think a million others are thinking the same thing? I'm at least honest enough to say it.

Honestly, I think you are right. I would not be happy to have to show up 4 hours early for a flight.

Would you rather simply be unable to fly at all because millions died?

Return to Top
#596161 - 08/10/06 05:22 PM Re: UK - US Terror Threat
tahdah Offline
Platinum Poster
I have to agree with TICG about profiling. I flew home monday and in the security line were 2 women with scarves. I was in Tampa and they have that bomb detecting device for people to walk thru. They put an old lady in a wheel chair thru that extra security but neither of the muslim women. When was the last time someone in a wheel chair bombed an airplane? Also we had a number of middle eastern young men on our flight. The ones in the seats across from me kept getting up and going to the back of the plane, like 8 or 9 times. I was very nervous and suprised that the crew didn't ask them to stay in their seats.
I'm glad they foiled this plot but it seems as tho we are always being reactive instead of pro-active, although reactive is better than doing nothing.

Return to Top
#596162 - 08/10/06 05:24 PM Re: UK - US Terror Threat
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Just an explanatory note about myself for those that may categorize me as some wild-eyed liberal...

When I heard the news this morning, first thing I think is a great tragedy was avoided. Seconds later however, I'm thinking, crap, like airport security wasn't bad enough -- eventually we'll have to board the plane naked and carry transparent suitcases. You see, while so many you are high-fiveing about the job well done by Scotland Yard, I'm thinking about how we'll all have to suffer needlessly because of this (especially those of us that frequently fly) and why more thought isn't given to the responses to these types of things. I'm basically a negative person who sees a black cloud in every silver lining. I attack the Bush adminstration because they're the ones currently in power screwing things up. In 2008, quite possibly a democrat will take office and if they have the same congressional majorities Bush has, will be able to screw up just as much (just different things). And I'll be criticizing then just as much as I do now -- mark my words.

So, in addition to my charming innuendos, my role here as I see it is to bring you folks down to earth.

WOW! could you be anymore self-centered? No props for the cautions being taken...just that you are going to be inconvenienced??? Get over yourself!!!!

You don't think a million others are thinking the same thing? I'm at least honest enough to say it.

Honestly, I think you are right. I would not be happy to have to show up 4 hours early for a flight.

Millions?

Return to Top
#596163 - 08/10/06 05:30 PM Re: UK - US Terror Threat
Bimmer Offline
Diamond Poster
Bimmer
Wherever the plane lands
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Tuna?

Suzy

Yeah, tuna...

-smilin' sunshine

ssshhh...if my brain doesn't know what it REALLY is than that's fine! Als long as it's yummy!!!

SS, I am thinking that what -5- has in mind will not be "yummy" either

Return to Top
#596164 - 08/10/06 05:32 PM Re: UK - US Terror Threat
Beige Offline
Power Poster
Beige
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Tuna?

Suzy

Yeah, tuna...

-smilin' sunshine

Crap...was someone being nasty and I missed it???? I must be loosing it! da.mn!!! Yes...that would not be tasty...on second thought, I think a BK Stacker would be MUCH safer!!!

Return to Top
#596165 - 08/10/06 05:34 PM Re: UK - US Terror Threat
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
Does anyone know when this plot was going to go down? Were they in the act of doing it today?

Return to Top
#596166 - 08/10/06 05:35 PM Re: UK - US Terror Threat
Anonymous
Unregistered

No, it won't be "yummy" but it will be stuffed with pimentos and innuendos.

Suzy

Return to Top
#596167 - 08/10/06 05:35 PM Re: UK - US Terror Threat
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

I'm sure everyone who died on the flights in the 911 attack would've gladly shown up 4 hours, or even 24 hours, in advance to pass through security if that additional time could've helped to save their lives that day. Try looking at the big picture for once.

Return to Top
#596168 - 08/10/06 05:35 PM Re: UK - US Terror Threat
Beige Offline
Power Poster
Beige
They said they were in the final stages. Assuming it would take place closer to 911. Not necessairly on the the same day, but close.

Return to Top
#596169 - 08/10/06 05:43 PM Re: UK - US Terror Threat
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
Quote:

EVERYONE should be scrutinized, not just arab born or arab looking people. Remember the OK City bombing? My understanding is that these terrorists arrested in the UK were from the UK. Yes, they were Muslims, but they are homegrown.

OK, a couple things. As TICG stated, we have limited resources so we have to risk-weight everything in life, as well as play the odds (which is essentially the same thing). Now, from what I have heard, these terrorists were radical Muslims from the UK, but they were originally from Pakistan and do have middle eastern traits.

The OK bombing was an isolated terroristic event, strikes from radical Muslims from the middle east are NOT isolated events anywhere except in the US, Thank God for that.

Return to Top
#596170 - 08/10/06 06:28 PM Re: UK - US Terror Threat
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

I have to agree with TICG about profiling. I flew home monday and in the security line were 2 women with scarves. I was in Tampa and they have that bomb detecting device for people to walk thru. They put an old lady in a wheel chair thru that extra security but neither of the muslim women. When was the last time someone in a wheel chair bombed an airplane? Also we had a number of middle eastern young men on our flight. The ones in the seats across from me kept getting up and going to the back of the plane, like 8 or 9 times. I was very nervous and suprised that the crew didn't ask them to stay in their seats.
I'm glad they foiled this plot but it seems as tho we are always being reactive instead of pro-active, although reactive is better than doing nothing.

No, but I do seem to remember a Jewish man in a wheel chair being killed aboard a luxury liner by Muslim terrorists and his body dumped into the Mediterranean. Maybe they were afraid she'd attract terrorists.

Return to Top
#596171 - 08/10/06 06:38 PM Re: UK - US Terror Threat
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
The ship was the Achille Lauro and the guy in the wheelchair was Leon Klinghoffer.

That terrorism was brought you courtesy of the PLO - Palestinian Liberation Army.

Return to Top
#596172 - 08/10/06 06:58 PM Re: UK - US Terror Threat
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
Quote:

Well, I heard 20 planes, so I think millions may be a bit of an exaggeration.

As far as telling TICG to look at the big picture, people who spend a good bit of time flying will be inconvenienced greatly, and when we boil it all down, we really are only concerned with ourselves and how things impact us. it's great to say that we are pleased that the terrorists are caught, but let's be honest, unless it has a direct impact on you or your immediate family, does it really matter?

Return to Top
#596173 - 08/10/06 07:08 PM Re: UK - US Terror Threat
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

The ship was the Achille Lauro and the guy in the wheelchair was Leon Klinghoffer.

That terrorism was brought you courtesy of the PLO - Palestinian Liberation Army.

Muslims?

Return to Top
#596174 - 08/10/06 07:12 PM Re: UK - US Terror Threat
homestar Offline
Diamond Poster
US of A
Quote:

I guess my question is: Why isn't there a think tank of some kind trying to come up with every conceivable way a plane could be blown to bits? Then they could use this information to set policies. Why do we wait for the terrorist to be innovative and then react?

I wouldn't be surprised if this has already been done, and not just with airplanes either.

Return to Top
#596175 - 08/10/06 07:24 PM Re: UK - US Terror Threat
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

Quote:

As far as telling TICG to look at the big picture, people who spend a good bit of time flying will be inconvenienced greatly, and when we boil it all down, we really are only concerned with ourselves and how things impact us. it's great to say that we are pleased that the terrorists are caught, but let's be honest, unless it has a direct impact on you or your immediate family, does it really matter?

Lets see, how many died with THREE planes last time? You don't think with 20 they could kill millions?

Return to Top
#596176 - 08/10/06 07:25 PM Re: UK - US Terror Threat
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Quote:

Quote:

I guess my question is: Why isn't there a think tank of some kind trying to come up with every conceivable way a plane could be blown to bits? Then they could use this information to set policies. Why do we wait for the terrorist to be innovative and then react?

I wouldn't be surprised if this has already been done, and not just with airplanes either.

Then why haven't we been banning liquids?

Return to Top
#596177 - 08/10/06 07:26 PM Re: UK - US Terror Threat
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
With 20 planes, no. With 20 planes carrying a nuclear weapon, yes.

Return to Top
#596178 - 08/10/06 07:27 PM Re: UK - US Terror Threat
The Incredible ComplyGuy Offline
Power Poster
The Incredible ComplyGuy
The he11 of suburbia
Quote:

They were big planes.

Return to Top
#596179 - 08/10/06 07:28 PM Re: UK - US Terror Threat
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
I'm sorry with two planes hitting their targets, ONLY about 3,000 people were KILLED. So, you're right, millions is a bit much. However, I still ask, would you rather be unable to fly because hundreds of thousands died?

Return to Top
#596180 - 08/10/06 07:30 PM Re: UK - US Terror Threat
Hrothgar Geiger Offline
10K Club
Hrothgar Geiger
Jersey Shore
Quote:

Quote:

They were big planes.

The new A380's?

Return to Top
#596181 - 08/10/06 07:32 PM Re: UK - US Terror Threat
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

They were big planes.

The new A380's?

no. think a squadron of spruce gooses- then double it.

Return to Top
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10