Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#596380 - 08/10/06 02:35 PM cite or regulation re: employee fraud?
Uncle_Milty Offline
Gold Star
New Jersey
Can anyone point me to the regulation or provision that would provide comfort to a customer that they are protected from a bank employee stealing their account balance?

In short, a potential business customer objects to our contract language about liability limits. It doesn't address this issue specifically. This is not an issue that seems to be addressed in the standard contracts from any bank I've seen. Where can I point them to show that of course they would get back millions stolen from their account by one of our employees, despite other limitations? Is this a UCC issue?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Return to Top
General Discussion
#596381 - 08/10/06 02:43 PM Re: cite or regulation re: employee fraud?
mck401 Offline
Diamond Poster
Texas
Sorry I don't know of a reg to cite but I do ponder "Why is the potential customer asking this kind of question?" Has it happened to them in the past? I see all kinds of red flags waving in the background.

Return to Top
#596382 - 08/10/06 03:06 PM Re: cite or regulation re: employee fraud?
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
Quote:

Can anyone point me to the regulation or provision that would provide comfort to a customer that they are protected from a bank employee stealing their account balance?

No more readily than I can point to a law that says someone at the service station won't steal their car or someone at the dry cleaners won't steal their best coat. This isn't a rational concern you're attempting to salve.

Return to Top