Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#596915 - 08/22/06 06:29 AM Re: It's official!
wavewatcher Offline
Diamond Poster
wavewatcher
Hawaii
Congrats - I have two boys and love everyday I can spend with them.

Return to Top
#596916 - 08/22/06 05:45 PM Re: It's official!
MelissaAnn Offline
Platinum Poster
MelissaAnn
Washington State
Quote:

The first six weeks are paid by unemployment and if you have sick or vacation time then you can use that. The same goes for the other 6

I have never heard of getting paid unemployment benefits for maternity leave. I have heard of people using short- term disability, if that is available.

Return to Top
#596917 - 08/22/06 05:53 PM Re: It's official!
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
I've never heard of using unemployment either. Back in the day (19 years ago) when my son was born, the bank I worked for generously gave short-term disability for employees based on their years of service. Fortuntely, my 8 weeks were fully paid.

Return to Top
#596918 - 08/22/06 08:00 PM Re: It's official!
RebekahL CRCM Offline
Platinum Poster
RebekahL CRCM
Big Sky Country
Quote:

I've never heard of using unemployment either. Back in the day (19 years ago) when my son was born, the bank I worked for generously gave short-term disability for employees based on their years of service. Fortuntely, my 8 weeks were fully paid.

Our bank still has that policy, and I am so thankful for it! We accrue one week of short-term disability for every year we've worked here. In January, I'll have put in 9 years, so I've automatically got 9 weeks of paid maternity leave to use in February! I'm going to add in my 3 weeks vacation too, and enjoy a whole 12 weeks of paid leave!

It'll stink when I come back, because I don't think they are planning on replacing me while I'm out (just spreading around my duties to other coworkers), but I'm willing to pay that price.

Return to Top
#596919 - 08/22/06 08:13 PM Re: It's official!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think they ment disability

Return to Top
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett