Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#598204 - 08/14/06 03:14 PM Adverse Action letters - returned mail
goingtoexperts Offline
100 Club
Good morning. A question regarding how far must we go to notify a customer of adverse action. We've received as undeliverable an adverse action notice sent to a borrower. The return notice from the post office stated the address does not have a mail receptacle. The address on the credit bureau matches the address on the application. We've attempted to call the applicant several times, but the borrower has not returned our calls. The credit bureau shows two previous addresses as P.O. Boxes. What additional steps, if any, are required from a regulatory view to deliver this notice to the borrower? Thank you!

Return to Top
#598205 - 08/14/06 03:23 PM Re: Adverse Action letters - returned mail
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
We mail the AAN to the address provided on the application. If it is returned we verified it was mailed to the address provided. If it was then we put it, along with the envelope stamped by the PO as being undeliverable, with the application and maintain it for the 25 month retention period. We make no other due diligence attempts in locating the applicant.

Return to Top
#598206 - 08/14/06 04:58 PM Re: Adverse Action letters - returned mail
goingtoexperts Offline
100 Club
Thank you!! Just wanted to ensure we weren't required to do anything further. Looks like we have already done more than required. Have a great day!

Return to Top
#598207 - 09/23/06 06:23 PM Re: Adverse Action letters - returned mail
Lucy Griffin Offline

Diamond Poster
Lucy Griffin
Count your blessings. You may have just avoided participating in credit fraud! It sounds to me like you have done more than required to try to reach this "applicant."

Return to Top
#598208 - 09/25/06 09:40 PM Re: Adverse Action letters - returned mail
GuitarDude Offline
Power Poster
GuitarDude
So Cal
Lucy just described the first though I had: This application could be an attempted ID theft.

Return to Top