Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#599245 - 08/15/06 01:01 PM CTR & Addresses
Kari Offline
100 Club
Kari
PA
We are having rounds with our CTR software vendor. Items 7,9,10,11,12 on the CTR says enter permanent address including ZIP code. I first took that as the permanent address of a business that has several businesses (it would be the main office) However, upon attending seminars by various orgs - I found that means the permanent addr of the place doing the transaction. (IE: McDonalds is based say in CA. Our local McDonalds does transactions - we put the local address) Or does it depend. (we also have a local drug store that has several branches - what address do we use? The corp one or the local one?)Can someone clarify this. Our vendor will not change the software back to the way they had it and we have to manually change all the addresses. Which interpretation is the correct one.

Return to Top
BSA/AML/CIP/OFAC Forum
#599246 - 08/15/06 01:45 PM Re: CTR & Addresses
LoisLane Offline
Diamond Poster
LoisLane
Wisteria Lane..
Look at the CTR instructions for address. At one time, for a business with several locatins, you had the option of using the corporate address or any address from which the transaction came. A permanent address could be either of these two.

Return to Top
#599247 - 08/15/06 01:53 PM Re: CTR & Addresses
Kari Offline
100 Club
Kari
PA
The general instructions for the CTR do not specify if permanent is either. It is the interpretation of permanent that has us at a stand still. The vendor wants something in writing from an OCC examiner before they will change it back so we can enter the physical location instead of the corp location. I am between a rock and a hard spot to produce a copy of something showing someone what it means. Our people understand one thing and the vendor understands another.

Return to Top
#599248 - 08/15/06 02:03 PM Re: CTR & Addresses
BrendaC Offline
Power Poster
BrendaC
Sweet Home AL
If you have to obtain something in writing, I would contact FinCEN.

Return to Top
#599249 - 08/15/06 04:22 PM Re: CTR & Addresses
Kari Offline
100 Club
Kari
PA
I will try there. TY

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z