Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Thread Options Tools
#60072 - 02/11/03 05:11 PM Re: FRIVOLOUS POST WARNING
Rubaiyat Offline
Diamond Poster
Lido Deck
Darn! I did miss it! I guess it just didn't catch on like Quisp.

Return to Top
General Discussion
#60073 - 02/11/03 05:14 PM Re: FRIVOLOUS POST WARNING
wlavoie Offline
Gold Star
wlavoie
Hell's Canyon
Guess that's why I haven't seen a traveling encyclopedia salesman at my door lately! I believe you can find anything on the Internet anymore. Got a great recipe for homemade Kaluah this weekend.

Return to Top
#60074 - 02/11/03 05:14 PM Re: Dawnie on T.V.!
Sinatra Fan Offline
Power Poster
Sinatra Fan
New Jersey
Yes, Bonnie, there IS a Booberry (blueberry flavored) cereal, and a Frankenberry cereal, AND a Count Chocula (guess the flavor) cereal! When I was growing up, with my seven siblings, we always had cereal for breakfast, because it was the cheapest breakfast food around. But look at the cereal prices now! Now that I'm irretrievably hooked on the stuff, they raise the price. I tell you it's not fair.

Maybe there needs to be a regulation for cereal. On second thought, maybe not. That's probably why the prices increased in the first place: compliance costs.

Return to Top
#60075 - 02/11/03 05:21 PM Re: Dawnie on T.V.!
Lestie G Offline

Power Poster
Near the Land of Enchantment
IMO - the prices are high because of all those kids in the cereal aisle -begging Mom & Dad for the brightest colored one, or the one with the best toy, or the most sugar, etc. But then again, I have some fond memories of that cereal aisle when I was a kid - especially if I got lucky enough to go with the grandparents!

Return to Top
#60076 - 02/11/03 05:36 PM Re: FRIVOLOUS POST WARNING
JacF Offline

Power Poster
PA
Zai-
You're not doing a very good job of boring the entire BOL universe- this is the most popular thread this week!

Return to Top
#60077 - 02/11/03 05:40 PM Re: FRIVOLOUS POST WARNING
zaibatsu Offline
Power Poster
You can't see the full size picture of Quisp, but there is a yellow cartoon bubble to his left. He is saying something about a "Quisp Playmate." Please, tell me it is not Quake.

Return to Top
#60078 - 02/11/03 05:41 PM Re: Dawnie on T.V.!
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
Do you remember Kaboom? My brother (a graphics artist) forwarded a picture of a box of Kaboom a couple of months ago and then I saw it in the grocery. How about the 'Freakies' cereal? There was a song that went with that one.

Return to Top
#60079 - 02/11/03 05:42 PM Re: Dawnie on T.V.!
jack Offline
100 Club
jack
USA
Actually, sahoog, it may not be fair.

A few years ago the DOJ and the FTC looked at the ceral industry for shared monopoly pricing among the major ceral producers. While I don't believe there were any formal findings....a casual review of brand-name cereal prices, and knowing the lobby power of the players..... well, you can draw your own conclusions.

Return to Top
#60080 - 02/11/03 06:14 PM Re: Dawnie on T.V.!
SusyG Offline
100 Club
Ditto for my daughter at the San Antonio Competition! Her team is automatically qualified for FINALS!! She is on the A S A team from Mount Pleasant!!! For the other cheer moms, you might check the CHEERPOWER website for broadcast info!

Return to Top
#60081 - 02/11/03 06:33 PM Re: Dawnie on T.V.!
Ron Justi Offline
Evans City, PA. USA
I didn't see the CNN coverage but I was surprised when our local evening news out of Pittsburgh did a short piece on the Anchorage Duct Tape Ball. Unfortunately, the people shown did not include our BOL celebrity. So much for thinking the whole thing was a made up joke!

Return to Top
#60082 - 02/11/03 07:00 PM Re: FRIVOLOUS POST WARNING
Walleye Woman Offline
Platinum Poster
Walleye Woman
LOL, almost falling down!

I'd rather be fishing.

Return to Top
#60083 - 02/11/03 07:37 PM Re: FRIVOLOUS POST WARNING
Anonymous
Unregistered

This may sound dumb, but what does "IMO" stand for at the beginning of a post?

P.S. I can't have enough duct tape and I'm a Apple Jacks and Froot Loop man myself.

Return to Top
#60084 - 02/11/03 07:39 PM Re: FRIVOLOUS POST WARNING
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
In my opinion.

Return to Top
#60085 - 02/12/03 01:11 PM Re: Dawnie on T.V.!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Dawnie--This from today's New York Times:

Washington is urging people to prepare for chemical attack by purchasing duct tape, while it fails to provide fire departments with funds for protective suits or bioterror detectors. Duck and Cover

You did not tell us that the Duct Tape Ball was a civil defense exercise.

Return to Top
#60086 - 02/12/03 03:00 PM Re: Dawnie on T.V.!
MackenzieS Offline
Diamond Poster
MackenzieS
Oklahoma
Yep! Hopefully she bought some extra duct tape, I hear they are having a run on it!

Return to Top
#60087 - 02/12/03 07:22 PM Re: Dawnie on T.V.!
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
In reply to:

Dawnie, You'd be surprised how far some of those TV spots go. I was watching TV down here in Florida, and they showed a group of folks from my home in the Green Bay, WI area, jumping in the icy waters of Lake Michgan. A fund raiser for the Special Olympics.

Heh Heh, we do that in January when the temps are in the minus zero phase. It's alot more fun and you sure scramble out of the water quickly!

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top
#60088 - 02/12/03 07:30 PM Re: FRIVOLOUS POST WARNING
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
They'll have them up very quickly Wendy. I hate to resort to emailing my pic to Mary Beth (it's very dark) but if I don't see the site up by Friday I'll do it.

If you've never seen a gorilla with red lips (duct tape of course) it's a sight LOL.

I can't go as "Queen CRA" or otherwise...because someone did it this year She actually works for our bank. I just about died laughing when she came to my office and asked if it would be tacky to wear a toilet lid as her "throne". I told her I was wearing a prego gorilla costume with a target on my tummy...and she wanted "tacky" advice from me?

Only in Alaska do you ever hear questions like that....tee hee hee

Return to Top
#60089 - 02/12/03 07:30 PM Re: Dawnie on T.V.!
D2Xs Offline
Power Poster
D2Xs
They just did that in Detriot Lakes about 60 miles from here a week ago when the temp was about minus 9. It's an event the polar bear club does every year for charity.

Return to Top
#60090 - 02/13/03 01:01 PM Re: FRIVOLOUS POST WARNING
Anonymous
Unregistered

OK, what is a prego gorilla (a pregnant gorilla?) and why would it have a target on its belly?

Return to Top
#60091 - 02/13/03 02:26 PM Re: Dawnie on T.V.!
D2Xs Offline
Power Poster
D2Xs
Dawnie,

I'm sure you have seen this website but I just saw it on CNN.

Duct Tape Fashions

Return to Top
#60092 - 02/13/03 06:53 PM Re: FRIVOLOUS POST WARNING
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
LOL Yes prego is short for pregnant I ended up adding the belly at the last second because the costume was so huge my bumm dragged at my ankles. The belly pulled it up a bit (that and the duct tape belt).

The targets were part of the safari theme. I figured they'd be easier to make than camo tents for my gorillas to hide in and much easier to wear!

Return to Top
#60093 - 02/13/03 07:00 PM Re: FRIVOLOUS POST WARNING
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
Dawnie,

Although it wasn't a Duct Tape Ball, I attended a Masked Ball last weekend. It was black tie and all attendee's had to wear masks. My dress was burgundy so we had burgundy and black masks made. Mine had ostrich plumes and was quite lovely. I had a blast!

Return to Top
#60094 - 02/13/03 07:08 PM Re: FRIVOLOUS POST WARNING
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
We have a masked ball every year here too. It's always fun to find a wonderful mask for it. I think we have the same mask LOL Mine's here in the office

Return to Top
#60095 - 02/13/03 07:32 PM Re: FRIVOLOUS POST WARNING
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
Mine's still in Augusta. There was no way to get it back on the plane. Oh well - I'll just have to go visit from time to time.

Return to Top
Page 2 of 2 1 2