Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

New Reply Thread Options
#601021 - 08/17/06 04:34 PM Board Report Altered
Anonymous
Unregistered

A report that I do for the board on closed accounts and the reason they closed was altered. The CEO had his secretary make 18 changes to the reasons the account closed. The summary chart at the end has erroneous figures. I pull my information directly off the system.

Not only was the information changed, but it was done by whiting-out and typing in the new figures so the report looks very unprofessional but my name still appears on it.

Should I be concerned that this is going to the board today showing that I created the report?

Return to Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote
#601022 - 08/17/06 04:39 PM Re: Board Report Altered
Kathleen O. Blanchard Offline

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
I would discuss with the CEO why he felt the need for the change. Perhaps the system reporting is not accurate and needs to be changed (give him the benefit of the doubt)? If that is the case, I would offer to 1)prepare a better looking report for the board and 2) look into getting the system changed.

If the reason is to disguise certain information, I would want my name removed from the report. And I would think about my job and whether I want it if this type of thing continues.
www.kaybeescomplianceinsights.com

#601023 - 08/17/06 04:43 PM Re: Board Report Altered
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
Yes. Although without seeing the report and knowing the types of changes and reasons they were made, I can't figure out if this is a serious (read: legal) concern or simply one of integrity (not that integrity is a trifling matter).

If you feel that the altered report misrepresents the facts, you can -- and should -- ask to have your name removed from it if it will be presented as an official report to the board. And start thinking about your next steps.

If all that is happening is a different choice of words -- matters of symantics -- rather than actually misrepresentation, I'd ask if I could take a few minutes to recreate the report without the obvious whiteout so that at least it looks more professional. And correct the chart, too.
Bankers' Threads User #8

#601024 - 08/17/06 04:49 PM Re: Board Report Altered
BurntSienna Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
Personally, I would immediately request that my name be removed from any report altering data taken directly from your core system.

As kaybee said, it's possible that the core system is inaccurate; if that's the case, that problem should be addressed directly (and immediately!) with the software provider of your core system so that all future reporting IS correct, NOT by an administrative assistant whiting out figures and typing in new ones (which may or may not be correct).

This situation sets off all kinds of red flags for me.

#601025 - 08/19/06 12:30 AM Re: Board Report Altered
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Quote:

I would immediately request that my name be removed from any report altering data taken directly from your core system.

"Amended by" would be more appropriate and in addition to the "why" already mentioned, should the core system change, should your process change?
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Quick Reply:
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Moderator:  MagicCity, P*Q, Truffle Royale