BOL Conferences Top Gun 23
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#602568 - 08/21/06 11:10 PM Roast
Bimmer Offline
Diamond Poster
Bimmer
Wherever the plane lands
While I know that Comedy Central has done a Dis-service to the Roast's that the Friar's Club used to do, I have to say that despite the fact that there were a bunch of C and D list comedians participating, the William Shatner Roast was great!

It's a must see! If only to hear the things that came out of Betty White's mouth, and to see what a waste product Farah Fawcett has become, as if we didn't know already.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#602569 - 08/22/06 12:10 AM Re: Roast
slubgob Offline
Platinum Poster
I was a little disappointed that they spent more time bashing each other than Shatner. I mean come on it's William Shatner for crying out loud there is a lot of material there!

Return to Top
#602570 - 08/22/06 12:13 AM Re: Roast
Bimmer Offline
Diamond Poster
Bimmer
Wherever the plane lands
I was too, but if you check out some of the videos of it on Youtube.com or on Comedycentral.com you will see that they actually did a bit more bashing of him than they showed on TV.

Return to Top
#602571 - 08/22/06 12:17 AM Re: Roast
slubgob Offline
Platinum Poster
ah, so we just got the edited down stuff.

I really do like Shatner, it's great that he can take a joke. He was great on 3rd Rock form the Sun.

Return to Top
#602572 - 08/22/06 01:03 PM Re: Roast
A_G Offline
10K Club
I thought it was pretty funny too. I think Betty White was hilarious. And one of the best roasts of the night roasted her - "Speaking of William Shatner, I think Betty White just shatinher pants."

Have you guys seen the Pam Anderson one? I was thinking of buying the unrated DVD...

Return to Top
#602573 - 08/22/06 01:20 PM Re: Roast
Miscuit Offline
10K Club
Miscuit
TX
I caught a glimpse of a teaser they showed for the Shatner Roast. It looked hilarious! I wanted to see it soooo bad...can't believe I missed it! Hope it aires again.

Return to Top
#602574 - 08/22/06 02:17 PM Re: Roast
Anonymous
Unregistered

I thought Jason Alexander did a really decent job as host. His line about Heather Locklear was hilarious!! Sulu cracked me up by how hard everyone else was cracking *him* up! I think he just laughed his butt off for the entire roast. I love William Shatner; the man is priceless.

Suzy

Return to Top
#602575 - 08/22/06 02:41 PM Re: Roast
MadisonCali Offline
Power Poster
Quote:

I caught a glimpse of a teaser they showed for the Shatner Roast. It looked hilarious! I wanted to see it soooo bad...can't believe I missed it! Hope it aires again.

You'll definitely get your chance. Comedy central tends to play it approximately thirty times a day for a couple of weeks after it first airs (if previous roasts are any indication...).
They had the unedited version on late last night...OMG Lisa Lampanelli makes me laugh!
And Shatner was one of the funniest ones there, which surprised me...

Return to Top
#602576 - 08/22/06 03:22 PM Re: Roast
Miscuit Offline
10K Club
Miscuit
TX
Quote:

Quote:

You'll definitely get your chance. Comedy central tends to play it approximately thirty times a day for a couple of weeks after it first airs (if previous roasts are any indication...).
They had the unedited version on late last night...OMG Lisa Lampanelli makes me laugh!
And Shatner was one of the funniest ones there, which surprised me...

Cool. I'll definitely try to catch the unedited version.

Return to Top