BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Thread Options
#602793 - 08/22/06 08:47 PM Re: Conspiracy Theories
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

You can't use Google...it's really run by the government in an attempt to spy on us...

::madisoncali's mouth starts to melt together matrix-style::

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#602794 - 08/22/06 08:53 PM Re: Conspiracy Theories
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

William Shakespeare didn't actually exist.

I have heard that one. Who do they think wrote all the stuff? I can't remember.

Something Bacon. Was it John Bacon? Is that too plain for those times?

Suzy

Return to Top
#602795 - 08/22/06 08:53 PM Re: Conspiracy Theories
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Suzy

Francis Bacon?

Return to Top
#602796 - 08/22/06 08:56 PM Re: Conspiracy Theories
Anonymous
Unregistered

Kevin Bacon?

Suzy

Return to Top
#602797 - 08/22/06 08:55 PM Re: Conspiracy Theories
Clown Boy Offline
Power Poster
Clown Boy
here and there
Clown Boy Bacon??

Return to Top
#602798 - 08/22/06 08:57 PM Re: Conspiracy Theories
Anonymous
Unregistered

That's it! Clown Boy Bacon. Tastes kind of funny, though.

Suzy

Return to Top
#602799 - 08/22/06 08:59 PM Re: Conspiracy Theories
Peepers Offline
10K Club
mmmmmm, bacon

Return to Top
#602800 - 08/22/06 09:05 PM Re: Conspiracy Theories
Becka Marr Offline
Power Poster
Becka Marr
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Suzy

Francis Bacon?

Yes.

Return to Top
#602801 - 08/22/06 09:26 PM Re: Conspiracy Theories
cheekEE Offline
Power Poster
Easy Street
Quote:

Kevin Bacon?

Suzy

That's what I was thinking....he is everywhere.

Return to Top
#602802 - 08/22/06 10:33 PM Re: Conspiracy Theories
Darkhorse Offline
Platinum Poster
Darkhorse
out of my mind
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I hear the government has an alien spacecraft in Area 51 near Roswell, New Mexico.

Technically, the "spacecraft" crashed on a ranch near Roswell, NM. Area 51 is in Nevada - you can google earth it and see the runways. Didn't you see "Independence Day?"

Darkhorse

You can't use Google...it's really run by the government in an attempt to spy on us...

That's ok, I already know the gov't spies on me . . . my husband works for the same "team" that runs the Nevada test site (near Area 51) and we both grew up an hour south of Roswell. He has to go in for all those physc evaluations, random drug tests, polygraphs, etc, etc, etc - plus he has waived many of his civil liberties, like he can be detained, without reason, indefinately. But hey, we weren't using those rights anyway. Besides all that, he can't tell me what he works on, but I don't really want to know what he works on anyway - probably boring engineer stuff.
Last edited by Darkhorse; 08/23/06 12:05 AM.

proud 2 b BOLWYWTCCUT

Return to Top
#602803 - 08/22/06 10:47 PM Re: Conspiracy Theories
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

How about the conspiracy that there will be peace and dmocracy in the Mideast? Do you believe that one?

No.

So, we have a poster who is happy to think that peace and democracy cannot be achieved in the Middle East. That's pretty sad.

i think she was being pragmatic, j. her emoti was at the likelihood some people like to place on "the W plan" for middle east stability (i think)

Uh, yes, almighty, superior one... "J", it was sarcasm...

Oh, I understand sarcasm. I just find it disappointing that you would hold implicitly racist beliefs about Middle Eastern peoples. And that SP would prefer to revel in schadenfreude, rather than see freedom in the Middle East.

What the heck are you talking about?... it is not an "implicitly racist belief"; we (the US) should mind our own business...

The belief that some peoples are incapable of self-government seems to me to be about as racist a belief as one might harbor.

Quote:

-5- you are are the one that brought race up not anyone else. And you are the one who took a fun thread about conspiracy theories and made it into a serious political thread.

First, while I am the one who explicitly mentioned race, the post to which I was replying implied that the Arab world is incapable of democracy and peace; I believe that is an implicitly racist statement.

Second, I am not the one who made this political.

Quote:

Ok I will indulge you for a min. - No I do not believe that there will be peace in the Middle East no matter how much we want it. That area has been plagued with turmoil for thousands of years based in religious, politcal and personal issues. You cannot change those things overnight.

Who said you could change anything overnight?

The idea that an ethnic group is not capable of living in a civilized manner caused a lot of trouble for this country for a long time. I hate to see my friends on the left repeating that mistake.

Quote:

I do not think it has anything to do with race it is the history more than anything. I do not think that we can begin to even understand what it is like over there for them. Freedom and peace would be wonderful but there is not here and they need to find their own way, not our way!

And who says that they want to live in anything more than abject squalor and continual war?! They aren't as sophisticated as we are, after all.

Quote:

I do not think saying I do not believe there will be peace makes anyone a racist rather a realist. So now take your political smugness and go to another thread please!

Thanks

Well, that got me.

Quote:

Thanks unregi, you clarified my point.

Nothing like a lengthy explanation of how it's ok to joke about an entire ethnic group! Thanks, unregi!

Quote:

All of us understood the point (even the person causing the fuss), but some people can't let others have a good time.

Sorry for raining on the good time you were having making fun of the inability of certain ethnic groups to govern themselves in a civilized manner.

Carry on!!!

Return to Top
#602804 - 08/22/06 10:52 PM Re: Conspiracy Theories
Anonymous
Unregistered

Get over yourself - pleaazzze!!!

Return to Top
#602805 - 08/22/06 11:13 PM Re: Conspiracy Theories
Anonymous
Unregistered

Back to conspiracy theories.

Being a sports fan my favorite is that Jordan did not choose to go play baseball but was rather suspended from the NBA for gambling. Since he was the golden boy of the league the feeling was it was in everyone's best interest to have a cover story to explain why he would walk away from the game when he was at his peak. Also explains why he came back.

Return to Top
#602806 - 08/22/06 11:19 PM Re: Conspiracy Theories
Clown Boy Offline
Power Poster
Clown Boy
here and there
Here's a Conspiracy Theory,
Michael Jackson and Janet are the same person. Michael killed Janet a long time ago and now keeps her body in the darkest pit of the neverland ranch. When "Janet" does a concert, take a real good look, if you removed her nose and replaced it with Michael's they would both have the same face. Which can only mean that Michael just puts on a wig and switches noses to change over.

Return to Top
#602807 - 08/23/06 12:38 AM Re: Conspiracy Theories
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

First, while I am the one who explicitly mentioned race, the post to which I was replying implied that the Arab world is incapable of democracy and peace; I believe that is an implicitly racist statement.

No, that post did nothing of the sort. All it said was:

Quote:

How about the conspiracy that there will be peace and dmocracy in the Mideast? Do you believe that one?

Clearly it was expressing skepticism about the prospects for peace. Then you inappropriately attempt to intimidate the poster by throwing out wild charges that there was some kind of "racial" component. This is similar to your nonsense about the word "neoconservative" being somehow antisemitic.

Argue on the merits if you can or ignore the posts if you want, but these attempts to smear people are getting VERY tiresome.

Return to Top
#602808 - 08/23/06 12:40 AM Re: Conspiracy Theories
Fraudman CFCI Offline
Power Poster
Fraudman CFCI
Land of Steady Habits
I woould not call this the best, probably the stupidest. Bush blew up the levies allowing the flooding of New Orleans. Isn't it always W's fault?

Return to Top
#602809 - 08/23/06 12:58 AM Re: Conspiracy Theories
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Isn't it always W's fault?

Only in the whining of the right wing. He gets criticized for his mistakes like every president in history has been.

Return to Top
#602810 - 08/23/06 02:28 AM Re: Conspiracy Theories
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Clearly it was expressing skepticism about the prospects for peace. Then you inappropriately attempt to intimidate the poster by throwing out wild charges that there was some kind of "racial" component. This is similar to your nonsense about the word "neoconservative" being somehow antisemitic.

Argue on the merits if you can or ignore the posts if you want, but these attempts to smear people are getting VERY tiresome.

It's all he's capable of doing lately. I've seen a steady progression in his posts to be less and less about issues and more and more about posters. I never gave them (his posts) much creedance in the beginning, but now I ignore them entirely in relation to substance (generally there is none so it's not hard). They are good for a laugh, but that's just the evil in me.

Return to Top
#602811 - 08/23/06 11:26 AM Re: Conspiracy Theories
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

It's all he's capable of doing lately. I've seen a steady progression in his posts to be less and less about issues and more and more about posters. I never gave them (his posts) much creedance in the beginning, but now I ignore them entirely in relation to substance (generally there is none so it's not hard). They are good for a laugh, but that's just the evil in me.

Well, nothing more needs to be said.

Return to Top
#602812 - 08/23/06 01:33 PM Re: Conspiracy Theories
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Quote:

Clearly [the post] was expressing skepticism about the prospects for peace. Then you inappropriately attempt to intimidate the poster by throwing out wild charges that there was some kind of "racial" component. This is similar to your nonsense about the word "neoconservative" being somehow antisemitic.

(a) I've never said that the word "neoconservative" is anti-semitic. I have said that the attribution of the Iraq war to some crazed "neocon" cabal that controls the mind of the President is, and that much of the talk among the lefties about "neocon" warmongers carries the same baggage.

(b) If you want to continue to pretend that all your "skepticism" about the inherent ability of Middle Eastern peoples to govern themselves is totally divorced from who these people are, you are free to do so. I am going to continue to identify this pernicious reflex when I see it.

Quote:

Oh, no! The anon is not giving my posts credence!!!

Quote:

Well, nothing more needs to be said.

But you had to post, anyway? Good job!

Return to Top
#602813 - 08/23/06 01:53 PM Re: Conspiracy Theories
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Why, thank you...

Return to Top
#602814 - 08/23/06 02:13 PM Re: Conspiracy Theories
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

And who says that they want to live in anything more than abject squalor and continual war?! They aren't as sophisticated as we are, after all.

Ok let me be clear then what the other poster said was racist and this statement isn't? Perhaps you should not throw stones! Just because they do not have the things that we have does not make them unsophisticated, have you ever been there, do you know anything more than what the media tells you? Well I do my family lived in Egypt and Saudia Arabia for years and they lived first hand what it was like. Why is what we have civilized and there's is not, because it is different? I think your statement has a hint of racisim in it.

Quote:

Sorry for raining on the good time you were having making fun of the inability of certain ethnic groups to govern themselves in a civilized manner.

Carry on!!!

I think you are opinionated and take any opportunity to make something out of nothing! No one was being racist (except you) and no one was intentional making mean spirited fun of the Middle East. SO get over yourself!

Return to Top
#602815 - 08/23/06 02:18 PM Re: Conspiracy Theories
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

Clearly [the post] was expressing skepticism about the prospects for peace. Then you inappropriately attempt to intimidate the poster by throwing out wild charges that there was some kind of "racial" component. This is similar to your nonsense about the word "neoconservative" being somehow antisemitic.

(a) I've never said that the word "neoconservative" is anti-semitic. I have said that the attribution of the Iraq war to some crazed "neocon" cabal that controls the mind of the President is, and that much of the talk among the lefties about "neocon" warmongers carries the same baggage.

(b) If you want to continue to pretend that all your "skepticism" about the inherent ability of Middle Eastern peoples to govern themselves is totally divorced from who these people are, you are free to do so. I am going to continue to identify this pernicious reflex when I see it.

Why do you feel the need to use such complicated terminology to get your point accross? Do you think that it makes you sound smarter somehow? Well it just makes you sound arrogant and smug!

Oh and let me guess your reply will be to somehow insult my intelligence, correct!

Please get a new line!

Return to Top
#602816 - 08/23/06 02:24 PM Re: Conspiracy Theories
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Quote:

Quote:

Ok let me be clear then what the other poster said was racist and this statement isn't? Perhaps you should not throw stones! ...I think your statement has a hint of racisim in it.

It ought to have more than a hint. It was sarcasm, directed at the statement that "Freedom and peace would be wonderful but there is not here and they need to find their own way, not our way!"

Let me be clear - the statement I was replying to implied that "their way" was something other than freedom and peace. The alternatives I know of are war and tyranny. To say that those are the natural state of a people is, in my opinion, implicitly racist.

Perhaps I need to use the [sarcasm] font.

Quote:

I think you are opinionated and take any opportunity to make something out of nothing! No one was being racist (except you) and no one was intentional making mean spirited fun of the Middle East. SO get over yourself!

I see a problem with the statements made and the gleeful responses to them. You don't. I posted my opinion, you can post yours. Physician, get over yourself.

Return to Top
#602817 - 08/23/06 02:34 PM Re: Conspiracy Theories
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Ok let me be clear then what the other poster said was racist and this statement isn't? Perhaps you should not throw stones! ...I think your statement has a hint of racisim in it.

It ought to have more than a hint. It was sarcasm, directed at the statement that "Freedom and peace would be wonderful but there is not here and they need to find their own way, not our way!"

Let me be clear - the statement I was replying to implied that "their way" was something other than freedom and peace. The alternatives I know of are war and tyranny. To say that those are the natural state of a people is, in my opinion, implicitly racist.

Perhaps I need to use the [sarcasm] font.

[/list]
Quote:

I see a problem with the statements made and the gleeful responses to them. You don't. I posted my opinion, you can post yours. Physician, get over yourself.

I think you need to see a Physician, you are seeing implications where there aren't any! Anything you read can have an implication so if you see smoke where there is none then continue on!

Return to Top
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5