Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#603619 - 08/23/06 04:36 PM Credit Card Offer
Angel Eyes Offline
Power Poster
Angel Eyes
We offer a "bank" credit card though a credit card company. A solicitation just went out to customers to promote the card and it is confusing me.

Save with a 1.9% APR on balance transfers for 15 billing cycles! You'll save on those high-interest balances you're paying off month after month with an unbeatable 1.9% APR for 15 billing cycles. Imagine....no interest at all on transferred balances this entire Summer, Fall, Winter and Spring. You'll contine to save after the promotional period is over with a great low variable APR that is currently just 11.24%.

This might be silly but how can there be no interest at all on transferred balances and still a 1.9%APR on transferred balance? Please help me understand this

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#603620 - 08/23/06 05:24 PM Re: Credit Card Offer
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
I would be questioning the person who produced the verbiage. If nothing else the verbiage, as stated above, is misleading which could result in an unfair and deceptive practice charge.

Return to Top
#603621 - 08/23/06 05:41 PM Re: Credit Card Offer
Angel Eyes Offline
Power Poster
Angel Eyes
Thanks Dan for the confirmation. I was starting to think I didn't know what I was doing! We will be calling the company as it was not our responsibility to ensure compliance. That is in the contract.
It sure keeps life interesting. I almost feel sorry for the poor marketing folks that have to deal with the consequences of this....ALMOST!

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z