BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#60414 - 02/11/03 04:45 PM Thread Classifications
complyguy Offline
Gold Star
complyguy
PA
**POSSIBLE RANT WARNING***

OK, have we officially abandoned any attempt to properly list subject headings (REG/AREA: Specific Issue) and post them into the proper forums? I saw some valiant efforts for the first day or two, then nothing. And in the last few days, there have been w-a-a-y too many lending and operations posts in the general forum. What's up? Did the teacher leave the room for too long?

Sorry if I am posting out of frustration caused by things going on in my shop. My always-too-full schedule has been completely dislocated recently because too many people can't be bothered to do things the right way. BOL has always been my orderly refuge from the free-for-all, and now the can't-be-bothered-with-rules attitude seems to be creeping into BOL in the mis-posts. Breathe...breathe...

Return to Top
General Discussion
#60415 - 02/11/03 04:49 PM Re: Thread Classifications
Lestie G Offline

Power Poster
Near the Land of Enchantment
Everything's OK, just breathe. LOL - Can we have a virtual paper bag over here?

I agree, we need to pay attention. I've done a couple of quick searches in the last few days, and those titles really make a big difference!

Return to Top
#60416 - 02/11/03 04:53 PM Re: Thread Classifications
complyguy Offline
Gold Star
complyguy
PA
Re: virtual paper bag... Thanks, I needed that!

Return to Top
#60417 - 02/11/03 05:14 PM Re: Thread Classifications
OnTheEdge Offline
Diamond Poster
SmallTown, USA
Can you provide some examples of the subjects that should be included in the "General" section?

Return to Top
#60418 - 02/11/03 05:36 PM Re: Thread Classifications
Anonymous
Unregistered

As a fairly new user of this chat service, it seems to me that the "general discussion" forum is where the majority of the users go to. Let me first say that this service is structured 300% better than the threads in the ABA Marketing Network's. That said, would it be better (if technically possible) to restructure the system so that when you want to make a post, you choose from a pre-determined pick list of topics (that could be added to and subtracted from by the moderators as needed)which would then automatically be filtered into an appropriate forum or forums? For example, I might want to make a post about lobby displays for a home equity loan promotion, and what disclosures I need. From the pick list I might choose the pre-selected category of "signage disclosures" which would then automatically filter that post into one or even two forums - marketing and general compliance. The forums as they stand now really don;t need to be changed. Of course, the pick list would also include a category of "fun" for the times when you all want to forget about banking, which from what I have seen, does happen and is a good thing (especially when it revolves around things like Quisp cereal!) I realize that the pick list could get huge, but even if you made the pick list very general as to minimize the selections, it might result in more accurate forums. Of course, the display of the posts would then need to distinctly show the pick list category so that browsers and participants could better and more eaily focus their attention to their areas of interest.

Return to Top
#60419 - 02/11/03 05:57 PM Re: Thread Classifications
JacF Offline

Power Poster
PA
While the efforts to format the subject line as 'CATEGORY: Issue' have tapered off, I think we're still in pretty good shape. As far as I can see, we haven't had a repeat of the 'Free Beer' episode (for those that are too new to understand this reference, search the threads for 'free beer', entire phrase, all posts.)

Personally, I make an attempt to honor the subject format guidelines, as they help me pick and choose among the 'current' topics.

But from a search perspective, they have little impact for me, which may simply be a product of my approach to searches. For example, rather than enter 'BSA' into a search field, I find that I can separate the wheat from the chaff much more easily by entering 'exempt' or 'SAR' or 'CTR.'

All in all, this is an example of what makes BOL so valuable- Over 1500 users, over 1500 uses!

Return to Top
#60420 - 02/11/03 06:27 PM Re: Thread Classifications
complyguy Offline
Gold Star
complyguy
PA
POSTS have moved
06/06/02 09:30 PM Edit Reply

Change is tough, but we are committed to making the new system for organizing the forums work smoothly and we appreciate your cooperation.

We've moved some of the most recent messages to the appropriate new forum and will continue to do so when we spot threads that would better fit within a specific forum.

What's left for General Discussion? Lots of stuff, such as:
UCC 3 & 4 issues
UTMA
account opening and closing
safe deposit
ADA
BSA (since it spans both lending and operations)
overdraft issues

Those are just a few examples.

Also, if you notice that certain posts have been edited by our staff, it is typically to add a link or to change the subject line. For example, tonight I changed a subject line of one thread from "General" to "NCOA List".

Thanks, everyone!

Mary Beth Guard
Executive Editor
BankersOnline.com

Return to Top
#60421 - 02/11/03 07:49 PM Re: Thread Classifications
Anonymous
Unregistered

One last thing I meant to add to my post was that I wonder if it is possible (and would satisfy any legal concerns) if it would be possible to have the legal clause (opinions are mine and not my employers...) automatically imbedded at the end/bottom of any and all posts?

Return to Top
#60422 - 02/11/03 08:01 PM Re: Thread Classifications
BrendaC Offline
Power Poster
BrendaC
Sweet Home AL
I like everyone having the ability to establish their own "fine print" for their posts in their personal signature line. You can establish your own personal signature by editing your personal information, password, etc. (Go to My Home, Main Configuration). Some of them just crack me up! I wish I was that clever!

Return to Top
#60423 - 02/11/03 08:31 PM Re: Thread Classifications
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thank you Brenda - that is what I was looking for. In your honor, I think I will use your disclaimer verbatim.

Return to Top
#60424 - 02/11/03 08:33 PM Re: Thread Classifications
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
Also in General - Privacy since it affects all areas, Fair Credit Reporting can also affect more than one area of the Bank, and CRA is NOT SIMPLY LENDING!!!! It includes Services and Investments, not to mention outreach.

Dawnie - you with me?

And Quisp adds a certain..... je ne sais quois to this forum.

Return to Top
#60425 - 02/11/03 09:06 PM Re: Thread Classifications
Michelle M Offline
Gold Star
Michelle M
Ok I know someone is going to smack me for this, but I can't help it, it's a pet peeve of mine.

Quoi does not have an "s" on the end.

Ok you can smack me now!

Return to Top
#60426 - 02/11/03 09:07 PM Re: Thread Classifications
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
Hey - I speak with an accent!

Return to Top
#60427 - 02/11/03 09:09 PM Re: Thread Classifications
Michelle M Offline
Gold Star
Michelle M
LOL Now THAT was the BEST response I've ever gotten!

Return to Top
#60428 - 02/11/03 09:11 PM Re: Thread Classifications
JacF Offline

Power Poster
PA
ROFL! Good comeback!

Return to Top
#60429 - 02/12/03 07:53 PM Re: Thread Classifications
HRH Dawnie Offline
Power Poster
HRH Dawnie
Anchorage Alaska
Bonnie is such a hoot. We have to get together some day and speak some frenchie talk

Vous allez fille's! (Accent added in support) LOL

Umm as to what Bonnie said...CRA IS NOT JUST LENDING DANG IT!!! I ditto that and add the dang it It's lending, investments, services, duct tape and a wholeeeee lot more!

Have a nice day kids!

CRA Rating is in...Oh who cares...I'm home with the baby.

Return to Top