Learn More - Click Here!

Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Thread Options
#604578 - 08/25/06 06:06 PM Re: FDA Approval
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

what is in your or my soul doesn't matter here.

It may not matter to you now. I pray that you will, soon.

Quote:

metaphysics is a prohibited class of government regulation.

?

Quote:

(btw, what blood is being shed, literalist?)

I have never opposed the use of metaphors. If you can't understand them, it is your failing.

oh, so we SHOULD have a caliphate or a theocracy.

um, j, does the bible on give metaphors when you decide it is? if not, may i have a copy of the key so i can figure it out?

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#604579 - 08/25/06 06:12 PM Re: FDA Approval
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Quote:

oh, so we SHOULD have a caliphate or a theocracy.

Ron, I understand that you don't like participating in a democracy with people who have moral standards. Sometimes, you have to just put on your big boy pants and deal with it.

Quote:

um, j, does the bible on give metaphors when you decide it is?

You are absolutely incomprehensible sometimes.

Quote:

if not, may i have a copy of the key so i can figure it out?

Let me give you a clue, Mr. Pound of Flesh: to obey is better than sacrifice.

Return to Top
#604580 - 08/25/06 06:14 PM Re: FDA Approval
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

does it matter whom it was drawn by? this is political, no?

but your justification, within the issue, is sanctity of life. are you calling for a "take back" on the exception?

What are you talking about, Ron? I said that it was not moral to abort a child because they were conceived during a rape. Who compromised? Who is taking anything back?

At the same time, I said that this wasn't the most pressing question. You like to draw attention to it, fine. But it is not the big issue.

who? people on your side of the philosophical issue. they were weak i guess. they should've realized somebody would eventually call them on shades of gray.

pressing issues? advances in medicine; freedom of choice; freedom from ruined expectations in life because of having to keep a child (unless adopted) etc. as far as this philosophical issue goes, is the issue respecting the sanctity of life or is it not?

Return to Top
#604581 - 08/25/06 06:19 PM Re: FDA Approval
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Quote:

who? people on your side of the philosophical issue.

If you have a problem with their logic, take it up with them.

Quote:

pressing issues? advances in medicine; freedom of choice; freedom from ruined expectations in life because of having to keep a child (unless adopted) etc.

Those are all fine concerns, however, none trump the right to life. All can be accomplished while respecting life.

Quote:

as far as this philosophical issue goes, is the issue respecting the sanctity of life or is it not?

Sanctity of life, not convenience of life.

Return to Top
#604582 - 08/25/06 06:19 PM Re: FDA Approval
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Ron, I understand that you don't like participating in a democracy with people who have moral standards. Sometimes, you have to just put on your big boy pants and deal with it.

j, i understand that you don't like it that individual rights trump majority opinion. i also understand that some people do not find this as amoral as you do.

to obey is better than sacrifice. the bible is now codified as 50CFR123

Return to Top
#604583 - 08/25/06 06:26 PM Re: FDA Approval
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

If you have a problem with their logic, take it up with them.

why? they are the ones who apparently have destroyed the logic of your pov.

Quote:

Those are all fine concerns, however, none trump the right to life. All can be accomplished while respecting life.

the only disrespect is that people are not required to ascribe to your theology. show me how life is being disrespected from a secular pov.

Quote:

Sanctity of life, not convenience of life.

once again codifying the Bible for our citizens.

Return to Top
#604584 - 08/25/06 06:37 PM Re: FDA Approval
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Whatever, Ron.

Return to Top
#604585 - 08/25/06 06:40 PM Re: FDA Approval
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Quote:

to obey is better than sacrifice. the bible is now codified

You're not very good with clues.

Return to Top
#604586 - 08/25/06 06:43 PM Re: FDA Approval
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Quote:

j, i understand that you don't like it that individual rights trump majority opinion.

The right to life, for example?

Return to Top
#604587 - 08/25/06 08:18 PM Re: FDA Approval
Blade Scrapper Offline
Power Poster
Blade Scrapper
Outside A Garage
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

To all those taking these black and white stands on abortion... I don't know if any of you have teenage daughters, but imagine this scenario...

Your 15 year old daughter comes home and tells you she's pregnant -- happened at a party and she doesn't even know who the guy is. She's your youngest and your plans were that she attend college while you and your wife retire to your beach house. So now you say, "don't worry honey, have the baby and your mother and I will put our lives on permanent hold so we can raise your's and whatshisname's baby while you finish school and figure out your life. Because after all abortion would be taking a life and it is ALWAYS the wrong thing to do.

Easy to say -- not so easy to do.

No, but I think it would be easier to say to her, "Your mother and I will support you and help you through this pregnancy. Then for the best interest of you, the baby, and our entire family, we should provide that baby for adoption into a loving, committed, two-parent (mother and father, not mother and mother or father and father) household. Abortion should not be an option for you because abortion is the wrong thing in the eyes of God."

And for what it's worth, I have two daughters, 17 and 23.

That's fine for your daughters, but if I had daughters I certainly wouldn't want them getting that message.

We raised out son with the message that abortion is wrong. It should not be a form of birth control. We just don't agree with it. Our opinion, nothing more, nothing less. However, I would not outlaw abortion. This pill I think is a good thing. If my daughter got pregnant, I would support her in any and every way I could. But if she was date raped, I would want this available to her.

It always was available to her (by prescription). Now she can buy it at Joe's Liquor with her Olde English and Newports.

Return to Top
#604588 - 08/25/06 08:23 PM Re: FDA Approval
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Only if she's 18, Swimware. Otherwise, her boyfriend will have to pick it up for her.

Return to Top
#604589 - 08/25/06 11:26 PM Re: FDA Approval
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

It always was available to her (by prescription). Now she can buy it at Joe's Liquor with her Olde English and Newports.

honey, do you think we should roll over our 401k?

better ask the doctor.

Return to Top
#604590 - 08/25/06 11:32 PM Re: FDA Approval
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

I'm hijacking the topic for a brief moment...

-5-, after reading several of your posts across this forum, you don't have to insult posters in order to make a point. Such actions are not Christ-like and as a fellow Christian, that is troubling and disappointing. It makes you less credible from a Christian P.O.V.
-LCN

Return to Top
#604591 - 08/26/06 01:54 AM Re: FDA Approval
Anonymous
Unregistered

In -5-'s defense. He's not the only only one in here who claims to be a Christian while acting terribly.

Return to Top
#604592 - 08/26/06 02:03 AM Re: FDA Approval
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I'm hijacking the topic for a brief moment...

-5-, after reading several of your posts across this forum, you don't have to insult posters in order to make a point. Such actions are not Christ-like and as a fellow Christian, that is troubling and disappointing. It makes you less credible from a Christian P.O.V.
-LCN

and i apologize if i have offended anybody. i am not anti-religion. for me it is all about fair, reasoned compromise.

Return to Top
#604593 - 08/28/06 12:18 AM Re: FDA Approval
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

j, i understand that you don't like it that individual rights trump majority opinion.

The right to life, for example?

Of course the Constitutional right to life trumps majority opinion. Unfortunately for your argument, that right applies to "persons" under the Constitution. Since fetuses are not and have never been "persons" for constitutional purposes, that right doesn't apply to this argument.

Return to Top
#604594 - 08/28/06 01:21 PM Re: FDA Approval
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Quote:

Quote:

big boy pants

Quote:

Mr. Pound of Flesh

you don't have to insult posters in order to make a point. Such actions are not Christ-like and as a fellow Christian, that is troubling and disappointing.

Nothing I've said to Ron was mean-spirited. It was blunt. Jesus was blunt, too.

I'm sure Ron can handle the fairly innocuous examples cited above.

Return to Top
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6