Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Thread Options
#604453 - 08/24/06 04:16 PM FDA Approval
Snow Bunny Offline
10K Club
Snow Bunny
In the Snow :)
The FDA has approved the 'morning after pill' for over-the-counter sales to women 18 and older. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14497678/wid/11915773?GT1=8404 I don't have a daughter, but if I did, I would want her to have this.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#604454 - 08/24/06 04:16 PM Re: FDA Approval
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

The FDA has approved the 'morning after pill' for over-the-counter sales to women 18 and older. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14497678/wid/11915773?GT1=8404 I don't have a daughter, but if I did, I would want her to have this.

the end is nigh! the end is nigh!

Return to Top
#604455 - 08/24/06 04:18 PM Re: FDA Approval
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think this is giving young women a reason to now have unprotected sex and I am absolutely sure that it will increase the percentage of people who have transmitted diseases. I think that it should at least be administered by a doctor and that the age limit on it should be increased as well. I don't really agree with it. . . but oh well

~Master Shake~

Return to Top
#604456 - 08/24/06 04:23 PM Re: FDA Approval
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

I think this is giving young women a reason to now have unprotected sex and I am absolutely sure that it will increase the percentage of people who have transmitted diseases. I think that it should at least be administered by a doctor and that the age limit on it should be increased as well. I don't really agree with it. . . but oh well

~Master Shake~

are you serious? SO many teenagers have been holding back before this. the floodgates will open now.

Return to Top
#604457 - 08/24/06 04:35 PM Re: FDA Approval
Anonymous
Unregistered

Why does the responsibility for not transmitting sexual diseases rest on the woman? I would think that men would want to be disease free just as much as women.

Shhh

Return to Top
#604458 - 08/24/06 04:36 PM Re: FDA Approval
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

~Master Shake~

are you serious? SO many teenagers have been holding back before this. the floodgates will open now.

Im not sure I am understanding you . . .

Return to Top
#604459 - 08/24/06 04:37 PM Re: FDA Approval
steven1950 Offline
Diamond Poster
steven1950
San Francisco
I think there should be a morning-after pill for men!!

Fair is fair.

Return to Top
#604460 - 08/24/06 04:38 PM Re: FDA Approval
Peepers Offline
10K Club
Quote:

Fair is fair.

I agree, something to forget the woman I brought home the night before.

Return to Top
#604461 - 08/24/06 04:40 PM Re: FDA Approval
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

Fair is fair.

I agree, something to forget the woman I brought home the night before.

Don't you do that already without a pill?

Shhh

Return to Top
#604462 - 08/24/06 04:53 PM Re: FDA Approval
The Incredible ComplyGuy Offline
Power Poster
The Incredible ComplyGuy
The he11 of suburbia
Quote:

Why does the responsibility for not transmitting sexual diseases rest on the woman? I would think that men would want to be disease free just as much as women.

Shhh

Nah, we love scratchin'

Return to Top
#604463 - 08/24/06 04:56 PM Re: FDA Approval
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Shhh

men aren't that smart! Thats why just about everything is left up to a women.

Return to Top
#604464 - 08/24/06 05:16 PM Re: FDA Approval
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Quote:

I don't have a daughter, but if I did, I would want her to have this.

Why?

Return to Top
#604465 - 08/24/06 05:24 PM Re: FDA Approval
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

Why?

Maybe so she doesnt get pregnant... That would be the point of the pill

Return to Top
#604466 - 08/24/06 05:33 PM Re: FDA Approval
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Why?

You mean so that she can stop being pregnant. In order to not get pregnant, I know of only one method that works with certainty.

Return to Top
#604467 - 08/24/06 05:34 PM Re: FDA Approval
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
This is a very good thing.

Return to Top
#604468 - 08/24/06 05:36 PM Re: FDA Approval
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

Why?

Because we all do things we regret. I did. I know that I sweated out a few days one time when I was younger. You can say all you like about being careful, or using protectection, etc. But, condoms do break. And I won't even go near the rape/date rape issue.

Shhh

Return to Top
#604469 - 08/24/06 05:36 PM Re: FDA Approval
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Why?

You mean so that she can stop being pregnant. In order to not get pregnant, I know of only one method that works with certainty.

Incorrect once again. If you read any single article on this issue you would realize this pill is not like the RU-486 (I think that's the one) pill. It doesnt terminate pregnancy. It only stops (a certain percent) pregnancy if conception has not already happened.

Return to Top
#604470 - 08/24/06 05:49 PM Re: FDA Approval
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Quote:

If you read any single article on this issue you would realize this pill is not like the RU-486 (I think that's the one) pill. It doesnt terminate pregnancy. It only stops (a certain percent) pregnancy if conception has not already happened.

Wrong. Plan B can work to prevent ovulation (like traditional birth control), but it can also be effective post-fertilization, by preventing the embryo's implantation in the womb. An embryo prevented from implantation will die.

Return to Top
#604471 - 08/24/06 05:49 PM Re: FDA Approval
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

If you read any single article on this issue you would realize this pill is not like the RU-486 (I think that's the one) pill. It doesnt terminate pregnancy. It only stops (a certain percent) pregnancy if conception has not already happened.

Wrong. Plan B can work to prevent ovulation (like traditional birth control), but it can also be effective post-fertilization, by preventing the embryo's implantation in the womb. An embryo prevented from implantation will die.

should we criminalize out-of-wedlock sex?

Return to Top
#604472 - 08/24/06 05:53 PM Re: FDA Approval
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

From the article of yahoo.com written by to AP medical writers.

"The pills are a concentrated dose of the same drug found in many regular birth-control pills. Taken within 72 hours of unprotected sex, a woman can lower the risk of pregnancy by up to 89 percent.(and since you seem to like bold so much) If she already is pregnant, the pills have no effect."

Return to Top
#604473 - 08/24/06 05:54 PM Re: FDA Approval
Anonymous
Unregistered

and before you jump all over me I meant two* not to

Return to Top
#604474 - 08/24/06 05:56 PM Re: FDA Approval
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

From the article of yahoo.com written by to AP medical writers.

"The pills are a concentrated dose of the same drug found in many regular birth-control pills. Taken within 72 hours of unprotected sex, a woman can lower the risk of pregnancy by up to 89 percent.(and since you seem to like bold so much) If she already is pregnant, the pills have no effect."

don't bother. in the religious world, pregnancy and conception are the same thing.

Return to Top
#604475 - 08/24/06 05:55 PM Re: FDA Approval
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
This should get very interesting.

Return to Top
#604476 - 08/24/06 05:57 PM Re: FDA Approval
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

and before you jump all over me I meant two* not to

jump jump jump jump jump jump

me

Return to Top
#604477 - 08/24/06 05:57 PM Re: FDA Approval
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
Quote:

Quote:

I thought this had no effect on a fertilized embryo.

Return to Top
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6