Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#604725 - 08/24/06 05:48 PM The Amazing Race 10: Now in Double Digits
RandomName Offline
Diamond Poster
Austin, TX
It's time to meet the teams! They're gay! Possibly Muslim! And of Indian descent! And they're sisters! (Not all at the same time, mind you.)

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#604726 - 08/24/06 06:24 PM Re: The Amazing Race 10: Now in Double Digits
Spenser Offline
Washington state
This race looks very promising. That's quite an interesting collection of contestants!

Return to Top
#604727 - 08/24/06 10:38 PM Re: The Amazing Race 10: Now in Double Digits
davidm Offline
100 Club
davidm
Texas
Waaay too many contestants from California and New York. I prefer a mix from all over the country.

Return to Top
#604728 - 08/25/06 08:07 PM Re: The Amazing Race 10: Now in Double Digits
Anonymous
Unregistered

There are only 3 people (not teams) out of 24 that are from NY.

Return to Top
#604729 - 08/27/06 06:11 AM Re: The Amazing Race 10: Now in Double Digits
RandomName Offline
Diamond Poster
Austin, TX
Thanks to TV Guide, we now know the following about TAR10.

It will start in Seattle and evidently, in a shocking breach of protocol, will head WEST instead of south as has always previously been the case. First leg: mainland China. Other destinations will include Madagascar, Mongolia, and Vietnam, covering 40,000 miles, and 13 countries on four continents. (Sorry, Antarctica! And probably Australia!)

Sigh. I've always daydreamed about being on this show, thinking (absurdly) that I'd be able to rock it if they went to Vietnam on account of my single trip there for a few days. So naturally they're going to Hanoi. I reckon we'll see cyclos again (they hit Vietnam once previously in TAR3), and possibly the Old Quarter, and perhaps even the Hanoi Hilton.

Return to Top
#604730 - 09/20/06 04:36 PM Re: The Amazing Race 10: Now in Double Digits
RandomName Offline
Diamond Poster
Austin, TX
Wow, TWO Philiminations in one leg. I don't know, though, that I care for that whole "Surprise! This is a pre-Pit Stop elimination!" business. It did put the fear of God in the Racers and may prevent some of the complacent slack-assing we've seen during legs, but I don't believe I liked it. Plus I thought I might enjoy seeing more of the Muslim dudes.

Indian couple? Seemed to be terrible. Among the last to the airport, among the last to the Gold House, among the last to the Detour...they got in the rear of the pack and didn't budge.

I got teary-eyed when Pegleg Priscilla or whatever her name was had to climb the wall. And when Lesbian!Daughter was crying as she watched her dad slowly haul himself to the top.

Return to Top
#604731 - 09/20/06 04:46 PM Re: The Amazing Race 10: Now in Double Digits
Bankster Offline
Diamond Poster
Yinzerville, PA
They seemed to up the difficulty on the tasks in the first show. Eating fish eggs right off the bat, the tricky bricklaying, and of course the wall climb. I hope that remains the theme the rest of the way.

I thought the early elimination was harsh, and the muslims may have been interesting to watch. When the one muslim said 'how do they expect us to know how to use chop sticks, we're from Cleveland, Ohio', I couldn't help but think, 'how did you become such devout muslims, 'YOU'RE FROM CLEVELAND, OHIO'.

I know why they do it, but I'd prefer less cheerleaders and beauty queens (I can't believe I said that), and models, and more regular people like the couple from Kentucky, the friends from Alabama, and the dating couple (who are fighting already).

Return to Top