Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#604745 - 08/24/06 06:39 PM Baseball Predictions
Anonymous
Unregistered

Good for you people that made your predictions in April. Now for those of us who didn't:

AL MVP - Jeter? Ortiz? Thome? Guerrero? Santana? Someone else?

NL MVP - Beltran? Pujols? Berkman? Reyes? Howard? Someone else?

AL ROY - Papelbon? Liriano? Verlander? Weaver? Someone else? (Am I correct that all four of those guys are ROY eligible? If so that will be the best ROY race ever. All four of those guys, assuming Liriano pitches again this year, have a shot at the Cy Young)

AL Cy Young - Santana? Schilling? Rivera? Halladay? One of the rookies? Someone else?

NL Cy Young - Carpenter? Webb? Penny? Wagner? Someone else?

NL Play-off teams - I think everyone will concede the east to the Mets but who are the other three?

AL Play-off teams - Does Oakland hold on? Do the Yankees? Who wins the wild card?

Any world series predictions?

Bonus - anyone think that Pujols can go on a HR tear and challenge for the triple crown?

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#604746 - 08/24/06 07:04 PM Re: Baseball Predictions
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'll take:
MVP - Jeter
MVP - Pujols
ROY - Verlander
Cy - Halladay
Cy - Carpenter
Need to think about play-off and series predictions.
Pujols finishes in the top three in all the triple crown categories but does not win any of them.

Return to Top
#604747 - 08/24/06 07:35 PM Re: Baseball Predictions
Animal Offline
Animal
NY
MVP - Jeter (I love to hate him but what a player!)
MVP - Howard (if the phils grab the wild card)
ROY - Weaver (9-0 yes, 0 like NO losses)
Cy - Halladay (Don king is the new promoter in T-dot)
Cy - Webb (solid)

Twins win take home the trophy. Who cares about everyone else. They beat the Cards in 7.

Return to Top
#604748 - 08/24/06 07:38 PM Re: Baseball Predictions
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Does the NL not get a ROY this year?

There is NO good Cy Young candidate among starters in the NL this year. Will it go to a reliever?

Return to Top
#604749 - 08/24/06 08:03 PM Re: Baseball Predictions
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:

Does the NL not get a ROY this year?

There is NO good Cy Young candidate among starters in the NL this year. Will it go to a reliever?

Sure NL gets a ROY - just not as sex as the AL with those candidates. Does Zimmerman qualify as a rookie? If so he gets my vote. Though I just heard last night that the Marlins have three rookie pitchers with 10 wins each.

NL Cy might go to a reliever, especially with Mets still win going away and Wagner puts up 40 saves to go with his low 2 ERA.

Return to Top