Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#606204 - 08/28/06 09:05 PM FDIC logos in advertising
velvet5953 Offline
New Poster
Hi - i'm new to bank advertising and know that there are certain things required to be on deposit product ads (Exp. Member FDIC). Other than that particular phrase or using the actual FDIC sign, is there anything else that can be used? (The previous Marketing person used "FDIC Insured" but I can't find that example in the 12 CFR 328.3.) Is there a list of acceptable terminology?

Return to Top
#606205 - 08/29/06 02:39 PM Re: FDIC logos in advertising
B2BTrade Offline
New Poster
The link below will lead you to the FDIC website that explains the advertising requirements.

http://www.fdic.gov/regulations/resources/signage/

Return to Top
#606206 - 08/29/06 02:44 PM Re: FDIC logos in advertising
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
ยง328.3(b) provides you with the acceptable language for denoting FDIC insurance. That is required on most deposit ads. There are exceptions, also noted under 328.3.

Yo don NOT want that if you have a NDIP (nondeposit) product. If you advertise an NDIP with an insured product, show that they are separated. The best thing is to avoid putting the two together.

When you advertise dwelling related loans you need the Equal Housing Lender logo.

If you never have NDIPs, you can't go wrong by always using the Member FDIC and EHL logo.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top

Moderator:  Lestie G