Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#607625 - 08/31/06 01:49 PM Interagency advisory on influenza pandemic
ACBbank Offline
Power Poster
ACBbank
New York City
A FDIC Press Release addressing Avian flu and the private sectors response to a potential outbreak was giving to me. Apparently the FDIC is asking for some type of contingency plan to be implemented so an institution will not be shut down if a pandemic broke out.

"Responsibilities of the U.S. private sector and critical infrastructure entities include the following:

1. Establishing an ethic of infection control in the workplace that is reinforced during the annual influenza season, to include, if possible, options for working offsite while ill, systems to reduce infection transmission, and worker education.

2. Establishing contingency systems to maintain delivery of essential goods and services during times of significant and sustained worker absenteeism.

3. Where possible, establishing mechanisms to allow workers to provide services from home if public health officials advise against non-essential travel outside the home.

4. Establishing partnerships with other members of the sector to provide mutual support and maintenance of essential services during a pandemic.

I was wondering how other compliance officers have addressed this press release? Any information would be greatly apprecriated.

Return to Top
General Discussion
#607626 - 08/31/06 02:09 PM Re: Interagency advisory on influenza pandemic
MarieR Offline
Platinum Poster
You may want to look in the disaster recovery forum for some discussion on this topic.

Return to Top
#607627 - 08/31/06 02:27 PM Re: Interagency advisory on influenza pandemic
ACBbank Offline
Power Poster
ACBbank
New York City
Thanks Marie, I found a thread on the exact topic under disaster recovery.

Return to Top