Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Thread Options
#607734 - 08/31/06 04:01 PM Re: Does anyone else think that this is a bad idea???
The Incredible ComplyGuy Offline
Power Poster
The Incredible ComplyGuy
The he11 of suburbia
Well I'm glad to hear that generally people feel this way because it's any actual living person, rather than just because it's our president ("that we should hold in esteem"). I can understand that sentiment, even though I don't agree with it. I see it as over-sensitivity, bordering on political correctness.

As to it being a "how to" guide -- that's ridiculous. If you believe that, then we should ban all depictions of violent acts on TV, because OMG, some crazy person might try it.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#607735 - 08/31/06 04:45 PM Re: Does anyone else think that this is a bad idea
Buddy Love Offline
Platinum Poster
Texas
Quote:

Well I'm glad to hear that generally people feel this way because it's any actual living person, rather than just because it's our president ("that we should hold in esteem"). I can understand that sentiment, even though I don't agree with it. I see it as over-sensitivity, bordering on political correctness.

As to it being a "how to" guide -- that's ridiculous. If you believe that, then we should ban all depictions of violent acts on TV, because OMG, some crazy person might try it.

Your first paragraph--I don't think we share your sentiments.

Second paragraph--Not what I said.

Return to Top
#607736 - 08/31/06 04:51 PM Re: Does anyone else think that this is a bad idea
Just Suzy Offline
Platinum Poster
Mid-West
Actually I do share Comply Guy's sentiment.

And while I don't think it's a how-to, I do think its in poor taste. The President is pretty protected; I think he'll be fine.

Return to Top
#607737 - 08/31/06 04:58 PM Re: Does anyone else think that this is a bad idea
Power Poster
The Incredible ComplyGuy
The he11 of suburbia
Here's another question for the group -- what if you were a celebrity (political or otherwise) and someone made a similar film about your murder? How would you feel about it? Would you be curious to see how people's reactions in the film are depicted? I would.

Return to Top
#607738 - 08/31/06 04:56 PM Re: Does anyone else think that this is a bad idea???
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

Did I say I thought they would be charged with it being a how to guide? No. I said I'd like to see them grilled by the secret service about it. Being interrogated would do them good for being such idiots.

Return to Top
#607739 - 08/31/06 05:01 PM Re: Does anyone else think that this is a bad idea???
Saifkhan Offline
New Poster
Quote:

I thought Bush was a fictitous president.

Seriously -- the description of it says that the aim was something to the effect of depicting how thought has changed in this country under Bush. You couldn't accomplish that by using a fictional president. If done in a thoughtful manner, I don't see anything wrong with this. I'm assuming the message of the film is what they say it is, and not a "Death to America --Bush should die" message.

I see this as no different from a film that depicts a tsunami hitting NYC -- it's a what-if scenario, not expressing a desire that it happen.

Let's compare Apples to Oranges - but then again about half of the population who did not vote for Bush would like to see him wacked, at least that's what I get from your post.

Return to Top
#607740 - 08/31/06 05:16 PM Re: Does anyone else think that this is a bad idea
Buddy Love Offline
Platinum Poster
Texas
Quote:

Here's another question for the group -- what if you were a celebrity (political or otherwise) and someone made a similar film about your murder? How would you feel about it? Would you be curious to see how people's reactions in the film are depicted? I would.

No, you would not.

Return to Top
#607741 - 08/31/06 05:36 PM Re: Does anyone else think that this is a bad idea
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
When you sign on to be President you better have a tough skin. I don't see why some folks are always so concerned about GWB's feelings. Is this project in good taste? No. Do the film-makers have a right to do it? Yes.

Return to Top
#607742 - 08/31/06 05:44 PM Re: Does anyone else think that this is a bad idea???
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
Quote:

Quote:

Did I say I thought they would be charged with it being a how to guide? No. I said I'd like to see them grilled by the secret service about it. Being interrogated would do them good for being such idiots.

I think you may be suffering from moral confusion.

Return to Top
#607743 - 08/31/06 05:43 PM Re: Does anyone else think that this is a bad idea
BurntSienna Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
Quote:

When you sign on to be President you better have a tough skin. I don't see why some folks are always so concerned about GWB's feelings. Is this project in good taste? No. Do the film-makers have a right to do it? Yes.

Can I get an A-MEN?

I agree with you completely, Sweetpeas.

As long as we're on the "in poor taste" rant... what do folks think about the Survivor "let's pit racial groups against one another" upcoming show? Or is that in another thread... oops... I'm guilty of not doing a search first (looks down at my feet, digs big toe in the sand and tries to look properly ashamed of myself).

If someone made a film about my murder, I'd definitely be interested in seeing other folks' reactions! They'd better all be sobbing, that's for darn sure! But mostly, I'd want some gorgeous actress to sign on to play me! Preferably, all of today's hottest actresses would be trying desparately to land the role!

Ok, I need to go start work on my screenplay for the movie about the assassination of TICG.

Return to Top
#607744 - 08/31/06 05:46 PM Re: Does anyone else think that this is a bad idea
Miscuit Offline
10K Club
Miscuit
TX
Quote:

Quote:

Can I get an A-MEN?

As long as we're on the "in poor taste" rant... what do folks think about the Survivor "let's pit racial groups against one another" upcoming show? Or is that in another thread... oops... I'm guilty of not doing a search first (looks down at my feet, digs big toe in the sand and tries to look properly ashamed of myself).

If someone made a film about my murder, I'd definitely be interested in seeing other folks' reactions! They'd better all be sobbing, that's for darn sure! But mostly, I'd want some gorgeous actress to sign on to play me! Preferably, all of today's hottest actresses would be trying desparately to land the role!

Ok, I need to go start work on my screenplay for the movie about the assassination of TICG.

*pops her popcorn and gets ready for the premiere*

Return to Top
#607745 - 08/31/06 05:51 PM Re: Does anyone else think that this is a bad idea
Buddy Love Offline
Platinum Poster
Texas
It is nothing new, just a different media: http://michellemalkin.com/archives/005841.htm

Return to Top
#607746 - 08/31/06 05:50 PM Re: Does anyone else think that this is a bad idea
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
*grabs a cooler of drinks and joins ms. biscuit*

Return to Top
#607747 - 08/31/06 05:52 PM Re: Does anyone else think that this is a bad idea
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Quote:

Quote:

Can I get an A-MEN?

Who would you like to play you? I would like to be played by Uma Thurman. She's everything I'm not and everything I would love to be.

Return to Top
#607748 - 08/31/06 05:56 PM Re: Does anyone else think that this is a bad idea
Clown Boy Offline
Power Poster
Clown Boy
here and there
If there was a film about my murder, I would want Ronald McDonald to play the part of me... My prediction, the hambergler would be the killer.

Return to Top
#607749 - 08/31/06 05:56 PM Re: Does anyone else think that this is a bad idea
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
Quote:

Who would you like to play you? I would like to be played by Uma Thurman. She's everything I'm not and everything I would love to be.

That's a good question... but I can't for the life of me decide who I would want to play me..

Return to Top
#607750 - 08/31/06 05:57 PM Re: Does anyone else think that this is a bad idea
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Quote:

If there was a film about my murder, I would want Ronald McDonald to play the part of me... My prediction, the hambergler would be the killer.

I wouldn't be so quick to rule out the Burger King.

Return to Top
#607751 - 08/31/06 05:58 PM Re: Does anyone else think that this is a bad idea
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
Slappy, I think it'd be Colonel Sanders.. he'd give you wings and then beat you to death with a [chicken] leg.

Return to Top
#607752 - 08/31/06 06:03 PM Re: Does anyone else think that this is a bad idea
Snowqueen Offline
Diamond Poster
Snowqueen
dreaming of a warm beach......
Quote:

Slappy, I think it'd be Colonel Sanders.. he'd give you wings and then beat you to death with a [chicken] leg.

Maybe it would be the Taco Bell dog....oooohhh Gordita!!
Or the monkey from Taco John's...

It would be a murder mystery starring all the fast food idols!

Return to Top
#607753 - 08/31/06 06:04 PM Re: Does anyone else think that this is a bad idea
BurntSienna Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
Quote:

Hmmm... I'm thinking maybe Catherine Zeta-Jones. She pretty much looks nothing like me, but she's quite cool (and so am I, naturally). lmbo

If Catherine's tied up with another project, I could live with Charlize Theron or maybe Faith Hill or Shania Twain or even possibly Mariska Hargitay.

Return to Top
#607754 - 08/31/06 06:06 PM Re: Does anyone else think that this is a bad idea
Clown Boy Offline
Power Poster
Clown Boy
here and there
Geez, so many enemies... I think that would make a great film.

Return to Top
#607755 - 08/31/06 06:07 PM Re: Does anyone else think that this is a bad idea
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Quote:

Geez, so many enemies... I think that would make a great film.

I think it would be hysterical to see you try to run away in your giant, floppy shoes.

Return to Top
#607756 - 08/31/06 06:08 PM Re: Does anyone else think that this is a bad idea
Ops Offline
Power Poster
Ops
Georgia
Quote:

Quote:

Maybe it would be the Taco Bell dog....oooohhh Gordita!!
Or the monkey from Taco John's...

It would be a murder mystery starring all the fast food idols!

I have the perfect ending....

Mr. Peeper's Quad Stacker would flip out and eat everyone.. including the cow from chick-fil-a, Wendy, and that crack-headed rat-looking-thing from the sub place.. don't think it was Quizno's, but I may be wrong.

Return to Top
#607757 - 08/31/06 06:14 PM Re: Does anyone else think that this is a bad idea
BurntSienna Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
Quote:

I wouldn't be so quick to rule out the Burger King.

That Burger King guy is CREEPY in those tv commercials. I think he'd commit murder without batting an eye. Be careful!

Return to Top
#607758 - 08/31/06 06:35 PM Re: Does anyone else think that this is a bad idea
Power Poster
The Incredible ComplyGuy
The he11 of suburbia
Quote:

Wow -- you don't need to sound so enthusiastic!

Return to Top
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3