BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Thread Options
#610272 - 09/07/06 05:54 PM I hope...
Buddy Love Offline
Platinum Poster
Texas
...that the same folks who cheered Michael Moore's documentary (fake-umentary, or whatever you want to call it) F9/11, don't line up against this movie because it allegedly distorts the truth. I just don't think I could stand the irony. I am already SHOCKED that these folks did not submit similar complaints to Mr. Moore for F9/11. SHOCKED, I say!!

Clinton and 9/11 Miniseries

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#610273 - 09/07/06 06:08 PM Re: I hope...
Bimmer Offline
Diamond Poster
Bimmer
Wherever the plane lands
It's Damn-Crat thing.

freedom of speech (as long as you agree with the liberals)

freedom of religion (as long as you aren't Christian)

Return to Top
#610274 - 09/07/06 06:41 PM Re: I hope...
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
Quote:

allegedly distorts the truth...

...and constitutionally, that role is reserved for tony snow and donald rumsfeld.

Return to Top
#610275 - 09/07/06 06:55 PM Re: I hope...
Buddy Love Offline
Platinum Poster
Texas
...on the other hand, if this movie really does distort the truth, should the same people who came out against F9/11, come out against this movie?

Return to Top
#610276 - 09/07/06 06:52 PM Re: I hope...
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
Wait, I thought the media had a liberal bias?

Return to Top
#610277 - 09/07/06 06:57 PM Re: I hope...
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Quote:

It's Damn-Crat thing.

Cause we all know it's really the Republican way

Freedom of speech as long as you love GWB and freedom of religion as long as you believe exactly what GWB does. :rolls eyes:

Return to Top
#610278 - 09/07/06 07:15 PM Re: I hope...
Bimmer Offline
Diamond Poster
Bimmer
Wherever the plane lands
Quote:

Quote:

It's Damn-Crat thing.

Freedom of speech as long as you love GWB and freedom of religion as long as you believe exactly what GWB does. :rolls eyes:

Oh sweetpeas, when are you going to pull your head out of your ass???

Because of Freedom of Speech, it was ok for Michael Moore to make a movie that was complete lies, but it's not ok for ABC to make a movie that Slick Willie THINKS is a distortion of the truth?

Return to Top
#610279 - 09/07/06 07:26 PM Re: I hope...
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

It's Damn-Crat thing.

Because of Freedom of Speech, it was ok for Michael Moore to make a movie that was complete lies, but it's not ok for ABC to make a movie that Slick Willie THINKS is a distortion of the truth?

I'm just trying to match you ignorant statement for ignorant statement. I know I have a ways to go to catch up.

Return to Top
#610280 - 09/07/06 07:26 PM Re: I hope...
AuditFan Offline
New Poster
AuditFan
PA
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

It's Damn-Crat thing.

How do you know that the movie was complete lies?

As far as ABC goes they should ensure that they run a disclaimer letting people know it's not a documentary. As far as Michael Moore goes that's what he does, he did it with his GE documentary too, did anyone get up in arms over that?

I personally like the film and thought it was interesting that both administrations dropped the ball. Clinton had the chance to get Bin Laden and missed it. But does that mean that 9/11 wouldn't have happened if he had? No one will ever know. Hind sight is 20/20!

Return to Top
#610281 - 09/07/06 07:30 PM Re: I hope...
Buddy Love Offline
Platinum Poster
Texas
Quote:

Clinton had the chance to get Bin Laden and missed it. But does that mean that 9/11 wouldn't have happened if he had?

I don't know if the "American government" blew it or not, but without Bin Laden, I don't think 9/11 happens.

Quote:

As far as ABC goes they should ensure that they run a disclaimer letting people know it's not a documentary.

Did Michael Moore run a disclaimer for his movies? Did Oliver Stone run a disclaimer with the Doors or JFK?
Last edited by Buddy Love; 09/07/06 07:31 PM.

Return to Top
#610282 - 09/07/06 07:34 PM Re: I hope...
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Quote:

Quote:

Clinton had the chance to get Bin Laden and missed it. But does that mean that 9/11 wouldn't have happened if he had?

I don't know if the "American government" blew it or not, but without Bin Laden, I don't think 9/11 happens.

Quote:

As far as ABC goes they should ensure that they run a disclaimer letting people know it's not a documentary.

Did Michael Moore run a disclaimer for his movies? Did Oliver Stone run a disclaimer with the Doors or JFK?

Did you read the whole post before you responded?

Return to Top
#610283 - 09/07/06 07:39 PM Re: I hope...
Bimmer Offline
Diamond Poster
Bimmer
Wherever the plane lands
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

It's Damn-Crat thing.

How do you know that the movie was complete lies?

Well, have a look at the movie FahrenHype 9/11. It explains the differences between what was in Michael Moore's movie, and the facts.

Return to Top
#610284 - 09/07/06 08:39 PM Re: I hope...
Sound Tactic Offline
Power Poster
Sound Tactic
Hopefully the movie shows how the former administration had multiple opportunities to get OBL. And when the investigation was conducted Sandy Berger tried to steal confidential documents, that show how Clinton blew the war on terror, in his panths and socks. The CIA claims Slick Willy had 11 chances to kill OBL. Maybe that is what the movie shows. Must be Bush's fualt.

Return to Top
#610285 - 09/07/06 08:43 PM Re: I hope...
Just Suzy Offline
Platinum Poster
Mid-West
Interesting discussion. Glad to see there's less name-calling with the anons gone. In my opinion, this movie will be along the same lines as "The Reagans" with Davis and Brolin. It's going to get a lot of people upset but ultimately it's not about anything really. Anything that is referred to as a "dramatization" versus a documentary probably shouldn't be viewed as anything other than entertainment.

Return to Top
#610286 - 09/07/06 08:52 PM Re: I hope...
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
Quote:

Sandy Berger tried to steal confidential documents

not this again...

Return to Top
#610287 - 09/07/06 09:13 PM Re: I hope...
Buddy Love Offline
Platinum Poster
Texas
Quote:

Quote:

Sandy Berger tried to steal confidential documents

not this again...

...Berger stuffs classified documents into his clothing and all you can say is "not this again"?

You've heard the definitions of "naked" and "nekkid", haven't you? Naked is when you don't have your clothes on. "Nekkid" is when you don't have your clothes on and you are up to something. Figuratively speaking, Sandy Berger was nekkid.

Return to Top
#610288 - 09/07/06 09:19 PM Re: I hope...
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
if i knew how to use the BOL search feature, i'd paste the thread where we discussed this.

Return to Top
#610289 - 09/07/06 09:32 PM Re: I hope...
Buddy Love Offline
Platinum Poster
Texas
Quote:

if i knew how to use the BOL search feature, i'd paste the thread where we discussed this.

Oh, I know. How about another thread on Clinton's war on terror or on Michael Moore's F9/11?

Return to Top
#610290 - 09/07/06 09:37 PM Re: I hope...
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
not sure i know what you are getting at? (we've already discussed these things ad nauseum? at any rate, berger took copies home. he was NSA after all. the "liberal" media must've had their phasers set to irony when he was exposed but really not...)

Return to Top
#610291 - 09/07/06 09:38 PM Re: I hope...
Buddy Love Offline
Platinum Poster
Texas
Quote:

not sure i know what you are getting at? (we've already discussed these things ad nauseum? at any rate, berger took copies home. he was NSA after all. the "liberal" media must've had their phasers set to irony when he was exposed but really not...)

Do I always have to have a point?

Return to Top
#610292 - 09/07/06 09:44 PM Re: I hope...
rainman Offline
Power Poster
rainman
Quote:

thread where Ron said Berger was "cleared"

happy to oblige

Return to Top
#610293 - 09/07/06 09:46 PM Re: I hope...
Buddy Love Offline
Platinum Poster
Texas
Quote:

what id do know (and what you seem to have ignored) was that if his intentions were so malicious WHY DIDN"T HE TAKE AND DESTROY ORIGINALS?!

Thanks Rainman. Not to rehash an old issue, but this question is odd coming from an attorney. Did you take a Criminal Law class? Criminal often hold onto the evidence of their crimes. I am often puzzled by what they find in folks homes when the arrest them. Berger was up to something.

Return to Top
#610294 - 09/07/06 09:46 PM Re: I hope...
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
Quote:

Quote:

thread where Ron said Berger was "cleared"

happy to oblige

oh there you are.

once again, if people don't want to look at the big picture and want to turn a technicality into a mountain, i guess they can.

"stealing" classified documents was all i had an issue with. that description is totally misleading. and furthermore, when one of the few good guys in government gets their name dragged through the mud, i get a little defensive.

Return to Top
#610295 - 09/07/06 10:39 PM Re: I hope...
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Quote:

when one of the few good guys in government gets their name dragged through the mud, i get a little defensive

What, exactly, makes Mr. Berger one of the "few good guys in government"?

Return to Top
#610296 - 09/07/06 11:44 PM Re: I hope...
Non Ron anon Offline
Gold Star
Quote:

The CIA claims Slick Willy had 11 chances to kill OBL.

Where do you get this "information"??? As the 9/11 report indicates, there were four times when this was considered. On August 20, 1998 the US destroyed a terrorist camp at Khowst, Afghanistan with cruise missiles in an effort to kill bin Laden, but didn't succeed. (page 117 of the 9/11 report)

On three occasions in 1999 we had some idea where bin Laden might be. Preparations for another attack were made, but in each case the Counterterrorism Principals group, including the CIA director, recommended against an attack. (pages 131, 138 and 140 of the 9/11 report)

I suggest that you read the 9/11 report instead of getting your ideas from wherever you have been getting them. Don't just accept what you hear or get sent in a e-mail, look into it.

Return to Top
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6