BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#610484 - 09/07/06 06:37 PM Mortgage broker compliance issues
JJohns Offline
Platinum Poster
JJohns
IL
Greetings all... I'm back after a lengthy hiatus from consumer lending, and am hoping for some guidance.
If you've been on BOL awhile you might remember that I used to post a "sports birthday" quiz in the "Chat" forum.
I recently started a new position in compliance for an independent mortgage broker, and am looking for resources that will help me in this position (I was in auto lending compliance previously). Am already aware of the Nat Assoc of Mortgage Brokers website. Thoughts?
Thanks and great to be back!

Return to Top
#610485 - 09/07/06 08:40 PM Re: Mortgage broker compliance issues
Lestie G Offline

Power Poster
Near the Land of Enchantment
Mortgage lending is going to be a learning curve! You're smart to look for resources right away!

Check out the state banking associations in the states in which you do business - they'll offer seminars, etc. Kirchman offers some good basic courses, and several other vendors do as well.

Take advantage of applicable BOL webinars, ABA webinars, etc.

I'm sure others will have some more good ideas for you. Good luck in your new job!

Return to Top
#610486 - 09/08/06 03:34 PM Re: Mortgage broker compliance issues
JJohns Offline
Platinum Poster
JJohns
IL
Thanks for the ideas Lestie. I'm learning new things daily and actually enjoying the challenge, which is kinda scary.

Return to Top
#610487 - 09/08/06 06:21 PM Re: Mortgage broker compliance issues
Kathleen O. Blanchard Offline

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
If you are involved in multi-state lending, Sheshunoff has a mortgage lending book by Jim Pannebaker that is excellent. It goes through state disclosures as well as excellent sections on the federal requirements. It is a good way to get up to speed on multi-state requirements for a few hundred dollars.
www.kaybeescomplianceinsights.com

Return to Top
#610488 - 09/12/06 01:36 AM Re: Mortgage broker compliance issues
Dollye7 Offline
Gold Star
Dollye7
Southwest USA
I would check with your local HUD and VA, and regional FHLMC and FNMA office's, to see if they have any seminars coming up. Also, occasionally private mortgage insurers will have seminars. Lots of information on the web!

Return to Top

Moderator:  Lestie G