BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#611032 - 09/08/06 03:30 PM HMDA - Date Action Taken
Mrs. Rizzo Offline
10K Club
Mrs. Rizzo
Curled up by the fire...
We sent an adverse action requesting a response for an approved application by X date...Am I right to use the X date for the action taken date if there was no response from the borrower?

Return to Top
#611033 - 09/08/06 04:42 PM Re: HMDA - Date Action Taken
hmdagal Offline
Power Poster
hmdagal
You have a choice, as long as you're consistent. I would use the date the notice was sent, but that's what we use for incomplete applications, too.

Return to Top
#611034 - 09/08/06 04:52 PM Re: HMDA - Date Action Taken
Mrs. Rizzo Offline
10K Club
Mrs. Rizzo
Curled up by the fire...
I always try to use the actual date that the loan was denied, withdrawn or whatever...sometimes there is an email or note in the file that might differ a day or 2 from the date on the adverse action...I was just thinking that if we said you have until 09.07.06 and I didn't hear anything that 09.08.06 would be the actual date that action was taken on the loan...also I was going to report this one as approved not accepted because the loan was completely ready to sign, docs had been printed and we never got a response from the borrower...should it be file closed for incompleteness instead?

Thanks for your help!

Return to Top
#611035 - 09/08/06 05:31 PM Re: HMDA - Date Action Taken
Kelsey D Offline
Platinum Poster
Ohio
Check out GIR pages A-3 and A-4. Based on what you've described, I think that you should stick with application approved but not accepted.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Lestie G