Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#611543 - 09/11/06 02:28 PM Who is you institutions CRA officer
Jerseygirl Offline
Platinum Poster
Jersey Shore
We are realigning responsibilites and considering placing CRA officer responsibility with compliance officer (me). Some of the discussion revolves around a talk with OCC examiner who feels that is where it should be. Wanted to see where it is in other banks.
At my Bank the CRA officer is from:
single choice

Votes accepted starting: 09/11/06 02:27 PM
View Results

Return to Top
CRA
#611544 - 09/11/06 02:56 PM Re: Who is you institutions CRA officer
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
The poll isn't working for me, but our's used to be in the loan area, but was moved under Compliance a few years ago..it's a very good fit, IMHO.

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#611545 - 09/13/06 06:33 PM Re: Who is you institutions CRA officer
CRAatBOK Offline

Power Poster
Further South than I wanna be.
I used to be under compliance but a realignment put me under the COO, yes, the head of operations. My dept (all two of us) sit in the same are as compliance.

Return to Top
#611546 - 09/13/06 07:01 PM Re: Who is you institutions CRA officer
Anonymous
Unregistered

The only reason ours is under the lending umbrella is because I currently have BSA, Deposit and Loan Compliance and risk management. There just isn't time to do everything. We are in process of hiring a Loan Compliance Officer and then the CRA will become part of their job responsibilities.

Return to Top
#611547 - 09/13/06 09:36 PM Re: Who is you institutions CRA officer
bOaty Offline
Power Poster
bOaty
Chillin an grillin
Does anyone know of a full time CRA Officer or Coordinator? I am my FI's full time CRA Coordinator and I wonder how many others do this full time.

Return to Top
#611548 - 09/13/06 10:00 PM Re: Who is you institutions CRA officer
CRAatBOK Offline

Power Poster
I do. I am also responsible for HMDA and CRA reporting.

Return to Top
#611549 - 09/14/06 12:30 PM Re: Who is you institutions CRA officer
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
Ditto what KC said. I am the HMDA/CRA department and am under the VP of compliance.

Return to Top
#611550 - 09/14/06 03:01 PM Re: Who is you institutions CRA officer
bOaty Offline
Power Poster
bOaty
Chillin an grillin
Well I guess I'm not alone then. Thanks for the input!

Return to Top
#611551 - 09/14/06 08:40 PM Re: Who is you institutions CRA officer
Jerseygirl Offline
Platinum Poster
Jersey Shore
For those who are full time - how big is your bank? Is you job to interact w/ community leaders and generate the loans and programs or do you manage the reporting and tracking process?

Return to Top
#611552 - 09/14/06 11:13 PM Re: Who is you institutions CRA officer
bOaty Offline
Power Poster
bOaty
Chillin an grillin
My bank is a small-intermediate bank with 25 branches. I have only been doing this since the beginning of the year and so far I document & quantify all CRA activity, draft reports to the board, hold CRA training, maintain the public files etc. I have spent a great deal of time researching the needs in our different assessment areas and will be making recommendations to the board very soon. Meeting with community leaders will be in the near future also. I personally will not be generating any loans.

What about everyone else?

Return to Top
#611553 - 09/14/06 11:32 PM Re: Who is you institutions CRA officer
CRAatBOK Offline

Power Poster
We are a $3billion bank. I am very active in the community, usually the only rep from the bank at activities that would be considered CRA qualified. I don't generate loans but refer the potential customer to a loan officer and usually go with them on the first meeting. I am EVP of the bank's CDC. I also am in charge of all the regular everyday CRA activities within the bank, reporting, training etc.

Return to Top