Thread Options
#612306 - 09/12/06 06:56 PM Survivor Cook Islands SPOILERS
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
By request.

Episode 1

Cast arrives and is tossed off a sailing ship. This is a tribute both to Capt Bligh and Mutiny on the Bounty, and Season 1. There are rafts for each of the 4 tribes:
1. Red – Aitutaki – Latinos
2. Yellow – Manihiki – African American
3. Green – Puka Puka – Asian American
4. Blue – Rarotonga – Caucasian

No initial challenge, just 4 tribes off to camp. They are given an option of food before leaving – bananas and chickens. Puka Puka takes advantage of this.

Reward Challenge – Intricate obstacle course. Race over berms to the beach. Assemble a rowboat, using planks to attach pieces. Row out and get fire. Row back to beach. Race back to wall with fire and planks. Put planks on wall to make ladder. Whole tribe must climb ladder to light barrel at the top. Winners get fire. YELLOW TEAM LOSES.

Exile - yes, they’re doing it again. But this time the losing tribe gets to pick the exile person. They pick JONATHAN.

Tribal Council – held on board a ship. YELLOW TEAM. Probably not Sundra, could be Nathan or Sekou.

Episode 2

One tribe discusses whether they are perpetuating their own stereotype (therefore, at the 2nd episode, they’re still divided into 4 groups.)

General Notes

It’s a season of “heroes and underdogs”.

There are 3 love connections, one of which is claimed to be the strangest love affair in Survivor history, if not in reality tv.

More fish are caught this season than any other.

There are a record number of blindsides at Tribal Council (which = serious gameplay, which = fun for us to watch.)

Very few challenges are simple brute strength. Most involve thinking.

There is a turning point midway that rocks the show and will have you rooting for the underdogs. (Sounds like S4, doesn’t it.)

Asian Americans do well at the start but eventually get picked off.
Cast Notes

Young brunette model (Tracy?) does not do well – can’t adapt.

Billy Garcia – heavy metal guitarist. Does not appear to make much of an impression on Jiffy Pop. Early out?

Cristina – cop from Santa Monica, shot in the line of duty. Her dad was also a cop who was killed in the line of duty. Possible early out.

Yul – dubbed “very interesting”. Super high IQ, was the only one to question the tribal division on racial lines. Has studied Survivor and knows his game. He probably does pretty well. Respected as a player.

Cecilia – uses her feminine wiles to get her way.

Jonathan – “great character”. Writer. Entertaining and great story teller. Lasts a while.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#612307 - 09/12/06 07:08 PM Re: Survivor Cook Islands SPOILERS
Snowqueen Offline
Diamond Poster
Snowqueen
dreaming of a warm beach......
As usual, thanks for the spoilers!

I look forward to another rewarding season of Survivor!

Return to Top
#612308 - 09/12/06 07:30 PM Re: Survivor Cook Islands SPOILERS
tahdah Offline
Platinum Poster
Saw Jeff Probst on tv show today with a clip. Asian loses chicken in water and Jeff says, that's your food, go get it so the guy dives overboard and gets chicken (looked like it drowned). Key to leaving the ship is to begin to work as a team and take what they will need to survive. Looked pretty chaotic. He said that the segration ends very early in the game.

Return to Top
#612309 - 09/12/06 08:50 PM Re: Survivor Cook Islands SPOILERS
cheekEE Offline
Power Poster
Easy Street
Woo Hoo Empress is back on the spoiler throne.

Long Live Empress EGB!

Return to Top
#612310 - 09/12/06 10:05 PM Re: Survivor Cook Islands SPOILERS
luvmydog Offline
luvmydog
Montana
Quote:

There are 3 love connections, one of which is claimed to be the strangest love affair in Survivor history, if not in reality tv.

My question is, how can any love connection be stranger than Brigitte Nielson and Flav o Flav?

Return to Top
#612311 - 09/13/06 05:39 PM Re: Survivor Cook Islands SPOILERS
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
Rebecca and Stephannie seem to be lead contenders for first boot at the moment. (I hope it's Stephannie as that spelling is going to annoy me to pieces.)

Return to Top
#612312 - 09/14/06 05:17 PM Re: Survivor Cook Islands SPOILERS
Bunky Offline
100 Club
calif
Thanks for the info EGB..its great to have survivor on agian, I cant wait for tonight!!...yiipppeeee!!

Return to Top
#612313 - 09/14/06 05:38 PM Re: Survivor Cook Islands SPOILERS
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Quote:

Quote:

My question is, how can any love connection be stranger than Brigitte Nielson and Flav o Flav?

A very valid point.

Return to Top
#612314 - 09/14/06 06:31 PM Re: Survivor Cook Islands SPOILERS
Firecracker Offline
Firecracker
Some Beach, Some where
Where do you get all these spoilers???

Return to Top
#612315 - 09/14/06 06:39 PM Re: Survivor Cook Islands SPOILERS
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
Either they make them up, or they believe what the magazines guess will happen, which doesn't happen.

Return to Top
#612316 - 09/14/06 06:43 PM Re: Survivor Cook Islands SPOILERS
Firecracker Offline
Firecracker
Some Beach, Some where
I was wondering.

Return to Top
#612317 - 09/14/06 07:27 PM Re: Survivor Cook Islands SPOILERS
A_G Online
10K Club
Quote:

Woo Hoo Empress is back on the spoiler throne.

Long Live Empress EGB!

I'll second that!

Return to Top
#612318 - 09/15/06 12:58 PM Re: Survivor Cook Islands SPOILERS
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
I am really ticked off, since one of my picks in the office pool is Sekou! Good thing I bought two chances- I have no luck with these things...

I thought it was an interesting start, but nothing major popped up yet, other than the hippy vietnamese refugee...he was funny.

Return to Top
#612319 - 09/15/06 01:02 PM Re: Survivor Cook Islands SPOILERS
Hrothgar Geiger Offline
10K Club
Hrothgar Geiger
Jersey Shore
I'm thinkin' Cao Boi is going to be my favorite this season, hope he hangs on for a while.

Return to Top
#612320 - 09/15/06 01:05 PM Re: Survivor Cook Islands SPOILERS
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
Thought it was OK. Vowed to not watch Survivor. I didn't last season and like not being slave to the TV on Thursday nights. Put it on for 2 minutes last night, still saying, I'm going to change the channel in a minute. Didn't, next thing I knew it was 9:00 and now I'm hooked again. Just great.....

Return to Top
#612321 - 09/15/06 01:08 PM Re: Survivor Cook Islands SPOILERS
cheekEE Offline
Power Poster
Easy Street
Quote:

I'm thinkin' Cao Boi is going to be my favorite this season, hope he hangs on for a while.

I like Cao Boi too. I think his tribe can learn alot from him if they listen and don't write him off.

Return to Top
#612322 - 09/15/06 01:36 PM Re: Survivor Cook Islands SPOILERS
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

Thought it was OK. Vowed to not watch Survivor. I didn't last season and like not being slave to the TV on Thursday nights. Put it on for 2 minutes last night, still saying, I'm going to change the channel in a minute. Didn't, next thing I knew it was 9:00 and now I'm hooked again. Just great.....

You poor woman. You should know better

It's like Pringles.... Once you pop, you can't stop!

Return to Top
#612323 - 09/15/06 01:33 PM Re: Survivor Cook Islands SPOILERS
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
I know Michael, I know..... I thought, if you just change the channel....just be strong enough.....you can do it.... but no, I couldn't...;)
Last edited by Pizza Queen; 09/15/06 01:33 PM.
Return to Top
#612324 - 09/15/06 02:12 PM Re: Survivor Cook Islands SPOILERS
Maxx Offline
Diamond Poster
USA
It is an addictive show PQ. I'm surprised how easily I get sucked into it every year. I had to tape last nights episode though. I'm hoping to watch it tonight.

Return to Top
#612325 - 09/15/06 02:33 PM Re: Survivor Cook Islands SPOILERS
Nanwa Offline
Power Poster
Nanwa
Clintonville, WI, USA
I wasn't going to watch. But, I turned on the TV just before CSI and caught the vote. Now, I guess I gotta watch!

Return to Top
#612326 - 09/15/06 02:44 PM Re: Survivor Cook Islands SPOILERS
Snowqueen Offline
Diamond Poster
Snowqueen
dreaming of a warm beach......
I liked the show last night. Each tribe has diversity within itself. The Asian tribe spoke about their cultural differences (a Korean, a Vietnamese, etc) but they pulled together and won the challenge. I thought that was great. I said to my hubby that if you took a caucasion each from Minnesota, Georgia, New York and California you would have quite a diverse group too. Age and gender of course always factor into the tribe abilities and knowledge. It looks like a fun season to watch!

Return to Top
#612327 - 09/15/06 04:26 PM Re: Survivor Cook Islands SPOILERS
RandomName Offline
Diamond Poster
Austin, TX
WHY did none of these numbskulls learn how to make fire before coming on this show? It's the number one prerequisite! Although for this season, many of them were actually recruited by casting agents instead of volunteering, so some of these folks may not be major fans and might not have figured out to, you know, hone up on some survival skills beforehand.

Exile Island this time looks like a really bleak place to be.

That one tattoo chick must be dumber than a bag of hammers. "Hey, think I'll lift up the chicken crate and see what happens!" What the heck was she thinking? It almost looked like she got secret orders from the producers to mess with her own tribe, the way she marched right over there.

Return to Top
#612328 - 09/15/06 05:40 PM Re: Survivor Cook Islands SPOILERS
Sing A Little Offline
Power Poster
Sing A Little
CA
I think that the girl with the tattoos is a hippy and she set the chickens free on purpose. She marched right over there and lifted the box, it sure didn't look like an accident. I also found it interesting that the "Chicken Man" was sent to Exile Island, and poor guy ended up chickenless.

Return to Top
#612329 - 09/15/06 05:48 PM Re: Survivor Cook Islands SPOILERS
cheekEE Offline
Power Poster
Easy Street
I missed the exile part. Did the Asian tribe decide who went to exile?

Return to Top
#612330 - 09/15/06 05:45 PM Re: Survivor Cook Islands SPOILERS
Sing A Little Offline
Power Poster
Sing A Little
CA
The losing team actually got to send someone to exile island. It was the two guys on the African-American team that made the decision.

Return to Top
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10