Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#613894 - 09/15/06 05:50 PM Refinance or Home Improvement
notuntermywatch Offline
Gold Star
MN
If a customer applies for a second mortgage and comes in within a few days and says, no wait, I really want to apply for a refinance.

What do we do for HMDA...the loan would have been denied either way...we just had not made the credit decision on the second mortgage yet? All early disclosures had been provided for both loan scenarios.

Help

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#613895 - 09/15/06 05:55 PM Re: Refinance or Home Improvement
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
If the refinancing still included funds to be used for HI then you will report it as a denied HI request. If none of the funds from the refinancing were to be used as HI then report it as a denied refinancing. You have an amended application and only need to report it once.

Return to Top
#613896 - 09/18/06 10:13 PM Re: Refinance or Home Improvement
CRAatBOK Offline

Power Poster
Further South than I wanna be.
Just curious, if you haven't made a credit decision then how can you know the loan would have been denied either way?

Return to Top
#613897 - 09/19/06 12:48 PM Re: Refinance or Home Improvement
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
The way I read it the applicant changed their request to a refinancing before they made the decision on the 2nd mtg. The refinancing was denied and the 2nd mtg would have been denied to if the request had not been changed.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z