Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Thread Options
#614658 - 10/17/06 04:13 PM Re: DA Bears!
Animal Offline
Animal
NY
Actually it was the girls decision. I read an interview and she suggested it and wanted to do her own thing. So don't go blaming the sports guy here. As Stuart Scott would say...."hata'"
I like Matt and I hope he develops into a great player sometime soon. I like disparity amongst teams in professional sports, I'd love to see the cardinals be good soon even though I'm not a cards fan. Its fun to have differnet teams win. I'm a huge fan of a salary cap. Anyway, go Tigers!

As for last nights game, the bears were lucky, but they are also good. Sometimes you get those and you need luck once and a while. Even the 1972 dolphins won some real close games. The Bears don't play the Bills 16 games a year you know.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#614659 - 10/17/06 04:19 PM Re: DA Bears!
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
not taking anything from the bears but i think last night illustrates that games are not played on paper. so many people see the bears as being SO much better than everyone else when in reality, parity is reality.

Return to Top
#614660 - 10/17/06 04:27 PM Re: DA Bears!
CubDave Offline
Diamond Poster
I agree Ron - and that is what Dennis Green was trying to say when he exploded in his press conference - "...we knew exactly who the Bears are ... if you want to crown their a&&, then crown them..."

Return to Top
#614661 - 10/17/06 04:39 PM Re: DA Bears!
ChicagoGuy Offline
Diamond Poster
ChicagoGuy
Chicago, IL
Well I'm not sure exactly what to call what we witnessed last night. I'm glad for the outcome though! I just hope they can review what happened and to better prepare the team for more of that. The team needs to play and focus on each game one-by-one and ignore all the hype and comments of comparison to the 1985 team. We caught a break big time last night. Let's hope they can use that as a learning tool!

Return to Top
#614662 - 10/17/06 04:42 PM Re: DA Bears!
Clown Boy Offline
Power Poster
Clown Boy
here and there
I don't wanna hear it! My AZ Cards should have won that. Geez, I can not even explain what happened.

Return to Top
#614663 - 10/17/06 04:53 PM Re: DA Bears!
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
What we saw last night is that the Bears overlook opponents. They did it with Minnesota, and they did it with the Cards. Against better teams, the Bears seem to be playing better...

Return to Top
#614664 - 10/17/06 04:59 PM Re: DA Bears!
Skunk Boy Offline
Diamond Poster
Skunk Boy
R.I.P. Chief Illiniwek
Quote:

I agree Ron - and that is what Dennis Green was trying to say when he exploded in his press conference - "...we knew exactly who the Bears are ... if you want to crown their a&&, then crown them..."

The best was after he exploded and stormed off, there was some guy in the audience that you could here say "thanks, coach."

Return to Top
#614665 - 10/17/06 06:50 PM Re: DA Bears!
Princess Leia Offline
Diamond Poster
Alderaan
Quote:

Ahh, the good old days of Denny Green acting like a baffoon

I sure do miss him ... NOT!

Return to Top
#614666 - 10/17/06 08:38 PM Re: DA Bears!
Quadspapa Offline
Power Poster
Quadspapa
Quadrupletville, Texas
WormUNB4L
Reged: 07/08/05
Loc: Iowa Re: DA Bears! [Re: Nanwa]
#648586 - 10/11/06 04:22 PM
@ Arizona = Blowout win

It wasn't a blowout Worm, but I'm glad Chicago came thru and whipped the Cards, even if by 1 point.

Return to Top
#614667 - 10/17/06 08:42 PM Re: DA Bears!
CubDave Offline
Diamond Poster
All I know is that Green has a lot of nerve to fire his Offensive Coordinator today - this guy is absolutely clueless, just like he was in Minnesota, and Arizona's Ownership or General Management are moronic for letting a firing like that happen.

Return to Top
#614668 - 10/17/06 08:42 PM Re: DA Bears!
CubDave Offline
Diamond Poster
Although in thinking about it, I wonder if it was all the "illegal formation" penalties - I could not believe how a pro team could get penalized for that many illegal formation fouls.

Return to Top
#614669 - 10/17/06 08:47 PM Re: DA Bears!
Clown Boy Offline
Power Poster
Clown Boy
here and there
Quote:

I'm glad Chicago came thru and whipped the Cards, even if by 1 point.

You mean barely squeeked by and luckily won by 1 point, right?

Return to Top
#614670 - 10/17/06 08:54 PM Re: DA Bears!
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
Quote:

Quote:

I'm glad Chicago came thru and whipped the Cards, even if by 1 point.

You mean barely squeeked by and luckily won by 1 point, right?

Hey a win is a win. No matter how ugly or undeserved. (and no I'm not a Bears fan, although I do follow them because I watched Rex play his high school ball where my kids graduated and where my oldest grandson currently plays football)

But you do have to give the Bears' defense kudos for never saying never.

Return to Top
#614671 - 10/17/06 09:10 PM Re: DA Bears!
WormUNB4L Offline
Gold Star
Midwest
Well, that definitely wasn't a blowout like I had predicted.

I really think that this game will serve as a wake up call for these Bears. Earlier in the season they have talked about how cocky they were going into the playoff game against Carolina and how this year they had a quiet confidence and all was going well. What you saw last night was a glimpse of that outward cockiness coming through. A large number of the players have been referring to Miami like they were already there (as in the Super Bowl venue, and not the week 9 opponent). I have full confidence that Lovie will use this game as a beacon to show the guys what overconfidence and underperformance can do.

And after last night, I don't even remember who Mike Singletary was. Thanks for the enlightenment CubDave.

Return to Top
#614672 - 10/17/06 09:03 PM Re: DA Bears!
Clown Boy Offline
Power Poster
Clown Boy
here and there
Quote:

But you do have to give the Bears' defense kudos for never saying never.

And you've got to give kudos to the Card's offence, defense and special teams for knowing the proper way to choke in a single quarter.

Return to Top
#614673 - 10/18/06 02:02 AM Re: DA Bears!
Princess Leia Offline
Diamond Poster
Alderaan
Quote:

And you've got to give kudos to the Card's offence, defense and special teams for knowing the proper way to choke in a single quarter.

But, that's the Denny way - choke in the big game.

At least he didn't take a knee with a minute 30 seconds left in the half (although I could tell he was tempted). Yep, 8 or 9 years later, I'm still bitter about the playoff loss to the Falcons in the dome in OT.

Dave - you're right about the penalties. The only problem now is that the Vikings still do it even with the Baffoon in Arizona.

Return to Top
#614674 - 10/18/06 01:43 PM Re: DA Bears!
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

Although in thinking about it, I wonder if it was all the "illegal formation" penalties - I could not believe how a pro team could get penalized for that many illegal formation fouls.

Weren't most of the illegal formations on special teams though?

I think it's funny that Denny fired the guy and said it wasn't his fault in the same sentence!

Return to Top
#614675 - 10/18/06 01:58 PM Re: DA Bears!
CubDave Offline
Diamond Poster
Actually - there were 2 or 3 illegal formation penalties in their offensive formation - one or two of them were not having an eligible receiver on the line of scrimmage

Return to Top
#614676 - 10/18/06 05:07 PM Re: DA Bears!
Chiquita Banana Offline
Diamond Poster
Chiquita Banana
The banana bin
That game was freakin' unbelievably awful. I couldn't even watch it. AND it didn't help that Joe Theismann is a moron. I can't stand to listen to him and that other little Keebler Elf lookin' guy.

Anyway...I absolutely believe, 100% that the team started to believe their own hype. The damn media has been bringing up the 85 Bears, whether the 72 Dolphins are worried about their record, and that this team is the best in the NFL.

I knew this was coming and I've been saying it all season (so far)...as long as the injury bug stays away...we're good. If it comes, I think we're screwed.

Regardless of the win, Lovie and the team should take this game away as a very humbling experience.

As far as Rex is concerned, he just needs to take this one, learn from it, and move on. Mama said there'd be days like this!

Return to Top
#614677 - 10/18/06 06:37 PM Re: DA Bears!
Just Suzy Offline
Platinum Poster
Mid-West
My heart has just now stopped slamming in my chest after watching that game! I almost gave up and went to bed twice. I never thought they'd pull it off. I'm kind of glad they almost got their butts spanked, though. They need to stop reading their press clippings with all this destiny crap and just play each game with the same intensity every time. Remember what Al Pacino said: "On any given Sunday, any team can win or lose." Was that a real quote or just a movie quote?

Return to Top
#614678 - 10/18/06 09:54 PM Re: DA Bears!
Chiquita Banana Offline
Diamond Poster
Chiquita Banana
The banana bin
Suzy...It's from the movie 'Any Given Sunday'.

Return to Top
#614679 - 10/19/06 04:27 PM Re: DA Bears!
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

Suzy...It's from the movie 'Any Given Sunday'.

It's also a quote of an old football coach. I don't think it was Lombardi, but it was one of the greats. The quote has been around longer than the movie.

Return to Top
#614680 - 11/13/06 04:47 PM Re: DA Bears!
Skunk Boy Offline
Diamond Poster
Skunk Boy
R.I.P. Chief Illiniwek
Go Bears.

What was that noise last night? Oh, it was the country jumping back on the bears bandwagon....(oh ye of little faith). With Rex able to handle that early interception and not spiral out of control, the Bears showed everyone that they are the best.

Return to Top
#614681 - 11/13/06 04:52 PM Re: DA Bears!
BotV#6 Offline
Power Poster
BotV#6
Anywhere I want to be
Hester's rope-a-dope was great. My first thought was what is he doing. Then the I can't believe he went untouched for a TD.

Return to Top
#614682 - 11/13/06 04:52 PM Re: DA Bears!
Quadspapa Offline
Power Poster
Quadspapa
Quadrupletville, Texas
How great was that 108 missed field goal return??? It was as great as Tony Dorsett's 99 yard run!!!! Did you see that block on the offensive NY lineman? He got wiped out. Anyway, its always good to see another NFL record....

Return to Top
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4