the cozy safety of trillion $ debt.

"round is a shape."
-homer simpson

Return to Top
#617748 - 09/28/06 08:11 PM Re: William Jefferson Clinton Interview
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Quote:

I think if you go back and read my posts you will see that I did not do this.

I did not mean to intimate that you had done this. You were the one I was responding to, but I was speaking generally.

Return to Top
#617749 - 09/28/06 10:00 PM Re: William Jefferson Clinton Interview
Buddy Love Offline
Platinum Poster
Texas
So, after 102 posts, is anyone interested in talking more about Clinton's embarrassing rant.

Return to Top
#617750 - 09/28/06 10:14 PM Re: William Jefferson Clinton Interview
Non Ron anon Offline
Gold Star
It's only viewed as embarrassing by right-wing fanatics or those engaging in spin. When you're being treated unfairly it's best to stand up for yourself. Clinton has been widely praised for calling Wallace on his nonsense.

Return to Top
#617751 - 09/28/06 10:55 PM Re: William Jefferson Clinton Interview
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
At least one politician can see it straight.

Former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani stated:

"The idea of trying to cast blame on President Clinton is just wrong for many, many reasons, not the least of which is I don't think he deserves it," Giuliani said in response to a question after an appearance with fellow Republican Charlie Crist, who is running for governor.

"I don't think President Bush deserves it. The people who deserve blame for Sept. 11, I think we should remind ourselves, are the terrorists - the Islamic fanatics - who came here and killed us and want to come here again and do it."

Return to Top
#617752 - 09/28/06 11:07 PM Re: William Jefferson Clinton Interview
Buddy Love Offline
Platinum Poster
Texas
Treated unfairly? That's nonsense! It was a question--just answer it.

Widely praised? By whom?

I am not even talking about defending or blaming Bush or Clinton. I'm talking about how embarrassing Clinton's reaction was. The smirk comment, etc... Totally unprofessional and embarrassing.

The only people who thought it was acceptable and appropriate to blow up like that is the left. Otherwise, the far-far right, of course will think everything he does is embarrassing. The right probably is 99.9% on the thinking that this was embarrassing.

It is the majority of the folks in the middle of the road, the undecideds, who look at this and think--where he heck did that come from?

I don't know if Clinton did all he could to get OBL or not (I suspect not, but I don't condemn him for that), but besides the content of his answer--it was a tirade, a rant, an insult infused embarrassment. Chris Wallace did nothing to deserve that. This happened because Clinton was still seething over the ABC movie. If Clinton had an answer to Wallace's question, he should have just answered it. If he thought it was a loaded/biased question, so what, those are lobbed at presidents every time they hold a press conference. How would it have looked if he were still president and this had happened at a press conference? Completely inappropriate. I suggest that the venue and the fact that he is no longer president does not change that. [censored] this question pales in comparison to the questions Helen Thomas asked of conservative presidents on a regular basis. Bill needs to get anger management.

Of course, I did not expect you to think it was an embarrassment--based on the image you project here. And of course, you expected me to think so based on the image you have of me in your mind. I think you'd be surprised at how I actually evaluate these kinds of things and how often I see a tempest in a teapot over so-called liberal foibles.

Return to Top
#617753 - 09/28/06 11:17 PM Re: William Jefferson Clinton Interview
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
Guess BL is not ready to place the blame on the terrorists shoulders where it belongs. Too bad.

Return to Top
#617754 - 09/28/06 11:22 PM Re: William Jefferson Clinton Interview
Buddy Love Offline
Platinum Poster
Texas
Quote:

Guess BL is not ready to place the blame on the terrorists shoulders where it belongs. Too bad.

And while we are making sarcastic posts, here's mine :

I guess straw is not ready to realize that I am ONLY talking about whether or not Clinton was out of control, not whether the terrorists or the presidents are to blame for terrorism. That's too bad.

I suspect that my posts about theocratic-fascist Islamists speak for themselves as to who I blame for the attacks.

As far as whether he was an embarrassment--each side sees what they want to see. The only opinions that really matter to Bill are those who are on the fence about the Clintons' run for the co-presidency. I suspect they are saying: "what they he11 was that?"

Return to Top
#617755 - 09/29/06 12:03 AM Re: William Jefferson Clinton Interview
Non Ron anon Offline
Gold Star
He was far from out of control. Democrats have long had an image of meekly accepting unfair treatment and their supporters are sick of it. Clinton stood up to the unfair implication that he could have "put bin Laden out of business". He defended himself and his policies against the Faux News slime machine.

Certainly it is the Democrats who praise Clinton and it is the Republicans that have made up this ridiculous "out of control" claim. This is political and it is an election year, after all. But Bush shows anger and doesn't get called out of control. Bush and his staff are not asked why they didn't retaliate for the Cole bombing. Until Democrats push back they will continue to receive such treatment.

You probably don't think of the current President as having embarrassed this country because you support him.

But this country used to look down on countries that torture, we can't now.

This country used to look down on countries that imprison people without trial or an opportunity to know the evidence against them, we can't now.

This country used to look down on countries that violate the Geneva Convention, we can't now.

This country used to be considered a force for peace and now polls around the world say people in other countries consider us a threat to peace.

You may well disagree with some or all of these and that's fine. I would never have thought these things would come about and I don't like it.

Return to Top
#617756 - 09/29/06 12:19 AM Re: William Jefferson Clinton Interview
Buddy Love Offline
Platinum Poster
Texas
Quote:

He was far from out of control. Democrats have long had an image of meekly accepting unfair treatment and their supporters are sick of it. Clinton stood up to the unfair implication that he could have "put bin Laden out of business". He defended himself and his policies against the Faux News slime machine.

Certainly it is the Democrats who praise Clinton and it is the Republicans that have made up this ridiculous "out of control" claim. This is political and it is an election year, after all. But Bush shows anger and doesn't get called out of control. Bush and his staff are not asked why they didn't retaliate for the Cole bombing. Until Democrats push back they will continue to receive such treatment.

You probably don't think of the current President as having embarrassed this country because you support him.

But this country used to look down on countries that torture, we can't now.

This country used to look down on countries that imprison people without trial or an opportunity to know the evidence against them, we can't now.

This country used to look down on countries that violate the Geneva Convention, we can't now.

This country used to be considered a force for peace and now polls around the world say people in other countries consider us a threat to peace.

You may well disagree with some or all of these and that's fine. I would never have thought these things would come about and I don't like it.

Good Lord NRA. Stop reading the Dems talking points and speak for yourself. I have not read about Clinton's rant--I have only made an observation based on what I saw.

Did I say he was "out of control"? I don't know if it was out of control, but he's been asked harder questions that this--it was embarrassing.

You saw what you wanted to see.

As to the rest of your post--more Democratic talking points.

Oh, and why are you RANTING about things we are not even talking about. Are you out of control?

Return to Top
#617757 - 09/29/06 12:35 AM Re: William Jefferson Clinton Interview
Non Ron anon Offline
Gold Star
Your statement that I am "reading" Democratic talking points is typical. You have no idea who I am or whether I am actually doing that but nevertheless you throw out an uninformed opinion on the subject.

Well, I don't need or use anyone's talking points - everything I write is my own. You may not believe that but I don't really care.

I'm sure that you will say I'm out of control, for what that's worth. I just wish we had a competent President like Clinton again. Maybe in two and a half years we can begin restoring our country to what it once was.

Return to Top
#617758 - 09/29/06 12:58 AM Re: William Jefferson Clinton Interview
Buddy Love Offline
Platinum Poster
Texas
Quote:

Your statement that I am "reading" Democratic talking points is typical. You have no idea who I am or whether I am actually doing that but nevertheless you throw out an uninformed opinion on the subject.

Well, I don't need or use anyone's talking points - everything I write is my own. You may not believe that but I don't really care.

I'm sure that you will say I'm out of control, for what that's worth. I just wish we had a competent President like Clinton again. Maybe in two and a half years we can begin restoring our country to what it once was.

Well maybe not Dem talking points, but what you said is exactly what the media was saying. I thought you got the idea from that. If you are you saying that this was an original thought you had while watching the Clinton tirade or thereafter without reading reviews of it--then I stand corrected.

And I was not talking about "who you are;" I was only talking about what you said. You are right; I don't know who you are.

BTW: Do you have any examples of this "unfair treatment" of these poor wimpy Democrats? While I don't disagree that most Democratic politicians are wimps (I don't think Clinton is a wimp), I doubt there are all these occasions of Democrats sitting by wimply while being treated unfairly. However, I'll withhold judgement until I see your evidence.
Last edited by Buddy Love; 09/29/06 12:59 AM.

Return to Top
#617759 - 09/29/06 01:32 AM Re: William Jefferson Clinton Interview
Buddy Love Offline
Platinum Poster
Texas
From U.S. News & World Report:

Quote:

Some Democrats saw something else at work: Clinton, they said, was offering a roadmap to show his party's candidates how to deal with Republican attacks on their national-security credentials–go on the offensive when you feel wronged. This is the pattern that enabled Clinton to win two terms in the White House and to ward off those who wanted to remove him from office during the Monica Lewinsky scandal.

Clinton spokesperson, Jay Carson, says that any Democrat would respond this way, but in answering those who said Clinton was out of control, he said Clinton was aware of Wallace's agenda and fully prepared for Wallace:

Quote:

CBS News: That was confirmed by Clinton spokesperson Jay Carson who told the Washington Post’s Howard Kurtz: “We're fully aware of Fox News's and Chris Wallace's agenda, and President Clinton came in prepared to respond to any attack on his record. … When Wallace questioned his record on terrorism, he responded forcefully, as any Democrat would or should.”

But if that is true, why, as reported by Chris Wallace, did Mr. Carson try to get the producer to stop the show during Clinton's tirade?

Return to Top
#617760 - 09/29/06 01:54 AM Re: William Jefferson Clinton Interview
Non Ron anon Offline
Gold Star
It was not an "original thought" I had, it was an original emotion. It is frustrating to see someone not respond when attacked and I was glad that he did.

Examples of unfair treatment? The Swift Boat attacks on Kerry are a good example. This is a man that was awarded not just three Purple Hearts, but more importantly a Silver Star and a Bronze Star for bravery. A group gets together and throws dirt on his medals even though they weren't even on his boat. When did it become fair game to attack military service? Oh, that's right - they attacked Max Cleland, who lost his limbs in the service.

Then there was attacking Kerry's wealth, even though most candidates including Bush and Cheney are wealthy (and it has little to do with anything). Or pretending Gore had claimed to invent the internet. Remember when Dukakis was asked how he would feel if his wife was raped and murdered?

There just comes a time when you tire of the BS attacks and just want an honest discussion of issues. And when the attacks happen you want your candidates to respond.

Return to Top
#617761 - 09/29/06 01:58 AM Re: William Jefferson Clinton Interview
Non Ron anon Offline
Gold Star
Quote:

as reported by Chris Wallace, did Mr. Carson try to get the producer to stop the show during Clinton's tirade?

That is just what Wallace claims, Carson says he just expressed concern that the Clinton Global Initiative wasn't being discussed.

Return to Top
#617762 - 09/29/06 02:02 AM Re: William Jefferson Clinton Interview
Buddy Love Offline
Platinum Poster
Texas
Quote:

Quote:

as reported by Chris Wallace, did Mr. Carson try to get the producer to stop the show during Clinton's tirade?

That is just what Wallace claims, Carson says he just expressed concern that the Clinton Global Initiative wasn't being discussed.

But he also said they came prepared. Don't trust political spokespeople. It really can't be both. Also, that can't be true because the agreement was for 15 minutes divided equally between the GI and whatever Wallace wanted to ask. If Clinton were "prepared" as he says, why did he get so out of control that he, not Wallace, started eating into the time for GI.

OK, there, now I've said it. I've convinced myself that Clinton was out of control and that his spokesperson is spinning and spinning and spinning--as spokespersons do . . . or they get fired.

Quote:

Examples of unfair treatment? The Swift Boat attacks on Kerry are a good example. This is a man that was awarded not just three Purple Hearts, but more importantly a Silver Star and a Bronze Star for bravery. A group gets together and throws dirt on his medals even though they weren't even on his boat.

Are you talking about the same medals that Kerry "threw" over the White House fence? I don't know if the SBV's were right or not, but what a shame for them to disgrace those medals. <<sarcasm>> Seriously though--did Kerry ever release all of the military records? I didn't know if the SBV's were telling the truth, but my only suspicion was because Kerry could have cleared this up with a stroke of his pen authorizing release of all of his records.

SBV's attacked Max Cleland's military record? Surely, you are not saying that because someone lost a limb in the military, they are off limits from attack once they are in public office. Did they attack his military record or his congressional record? Did they attack his patriotism?

Do you reserve all your outrage for those who smear the left? What about Dan Rather's smear? What about Michael Moore's hit piece? What about Moveon.org calling Bush Hitler?

Don't forget Kerry's phony war crimes charges and his deliberate misrepresentation of the nature and effectiveness of Swift boat operations. His hands are not clean. I don't blame the SBV's for responding, but I would blame them if they did not respond truthfully.
Last edited by Buddy Love; 09/29/06 03:31 AM.

Return to Top
#617763 - 09/29/06 01:18 PM Re: William Jefferson Clinton Interview
MB Guy Offline
10K Club
Way, way south.
Hey Non-Ron, aren't you Canadian?

Return to Top
#617764 - 09/29/06 04:10 PM Re: William Jefferson Clinton Interview
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
Quote:

Quote:

I guess straw is not ready to realize that I am ONLY talking about whether or not Clinton was out of control, not whether the terrorists or the presidents are to blame for terrorism. That's too bad.

I suspect that my posts about theocratic-fascist Islamists speak for themselves as to who I blame for the attacks.

As far as whether he was an embarrassment--each side sees what they want to see. The only opinions that really matter to Bill are those who are on the fence about the Clintons' run for the co-presidency. I suspect they are saying: "what they he11 was that?"

I am sorry; I assumed you were simply regurgitating (as you have been prone to do) the partisan sniping that has been going on since the interview.

Return to Top
#617765 - 09/29/06 04:20 PM Re: William Jefferson Clinton Interview
Buddy Love Offline
Platinum Poster
Texas
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I am sorry; I assumed you were simply regurgitating (as you have been prone to do) the partisan sniping that has been going on since the interview.

No, I don't know whether Clinton did all he could do or not. And in hindsight, after 9/11, it certainly will look like EVERYONE should have done more. I did however, find his rant at Chris Wallace unprofessional and a bit "wild-eyed." That's probably enough said about it--libs always want to know why conservative always bring up Clinton, but I want to know why he just won't go away. (:

Return to Top
#617766 - 09/29/06 04:26 PM Re: William Jefferson Clinton Interview
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
Quote:

(:

is that tom tucker's upside-down-face boy frowning?

Return to Top
#617767 - 09/29/06 05:38 PM Re: William Jefferson Clinton Interview
Buddy Love Offline
Platinum Poster
Texas
Quote:

Quote:

(:

is that tom tucker's upside-down-face boy frowning?

LOL! Dyslexic smiley face.

Return to Top
#617768 - 09/29/06 06:15 PM Re: William Jefferson Clinton Interview
straw Offline
Power Poster
straw
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

No, I don't know whether Clinton did all he could do or not. And in hindsight, after 9/11, it certainly will look like EVERYONE should have done more. I did however, find his rant at Chris Wallace unprofessional and a bit "wild-eyed." That's probably enough said about it--libs always want to know why conservative always bring up Clinton, but I want to know why he just won't go away. (:

Amen to that.

Return to Top
#617769 - 09/29/06 06:38 PM Re: William Jefferson Clinton Interview
Buddy Love Offline
Platinum Poster
Texas
I wish Clinton would take a lesson from the old Jimmy Carter (you know, the quiet Jimmy who was only seen when working for Habitat) and just go find something to nail! LOL!!

Return to Top
#617770 - 10/04/06 08:14 PM Re: William Jefferson Clinton Interview
Saladin Offline
New Poster
Saladin
Orange County, NY
Quote:

Good President? What about Monica?

I believe she thinks he is a good president too. Bad aim, but a good president and tasty to boot.

Return to Top
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5