Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#61838 - 02/14/03 09:42 PM HMDA application or loan number
Patsy Cline Offline
Diamond Poster
Patsy Cline
On the road...
I am looking for comments back as to what your institution enters on the HMDA LAR as an indentifying number that can be used later to retrieve the loan or application file.

All comments are appreciated!

"What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?" ~ unknown

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#61839 - 02/14/03 10:10 PM Re: HMDA application or loan number
Rick Tryon Offline
100 Club
Rick Tryon
Clinton IN, USA
We use a number that is generated by our loan software at the time of application (or prequalification). We have a working LAR that has this number and the customers name along with the required data. We input the data at least quarterly in the FFIEC submission software, and then print that LAR out in the unlikely event that a customer wants to see it.

Return to Top
#61840 - 02/14/03 10:36 PM Re: HMDA application or loan number
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
Our front end mortgage system (Empower) assigns an application number. That number is the identifier forever. Our consumer loan system converts an application number to a loan number if the action is origination. That way we can still track the decision through HMDA, CRA reporting.

Return to Top
#61841 - 02/15/03 05:17 AM Re: HMDA application or loan number
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
This can be the loan number (incomplete as it excludes the customer number to ID anyone) or a series of numbers on denials and withdrawals identifying the branch where it was accepted and an identification number for that app. It is on the app we hold and on a log they chose to maintain for reference.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z