Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#6198 - 11/02/01 12:53 AM Physical Segregation / Placement of Marketing Materials
Anonymous
Unregistered

How does your bank handle the physical segregation requirements of the Insurance Sales regulation and the Interagency Statement?

Do you allow sales of insurance and/or investements at your new accounts desks?

Do you allow marketing materials for insurance and investments to be placed in your new accounts areas or on your new accounts desks?

Thanks!
Jill

Return to Top
General Discussion
#6199 - 11/02/01 02:43 PM Re: Physical Segregation / Placement of Marketing Materials
BrendaC Offline
Power Poster
BrendaC
Sweet Home AL
We allow insurance materials at our new accounts desks. (Many of our CSRs are now licensed to sell insurance.) Appropriate signage (...not, not, not...) is in place at areas with insurance materials. We do not allow any materials at or near our teller areas.

None of our retail banking staff are licensed for securities; therefore, we use a separate desk (or office if available) when our securities reps come in to meet with clients. We remove references to FDIC and place securities signage on the desk at that time. Again, no information may be at or near our teller lines.

Return to Top
#6200 - 11/02/01 09:04 PM Re: Physical Segregation / Placement of Marketing Materials
Maria Offline
Platinum Poster
Sylacauga, Al, United States
We have an affiliate that is an insurance/investment company. They have representatives located in our branches. I refer to the Insurance for Non-Deposit Investment Products for much of my supporting documentation. If I can show them, then there is no gray area.

This is my opinion not my employer

Return to Top