BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#620290 - 10/02/06 01:30 PM Pats steamroll Bengals
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
So much for Tom Brady and the Pats being washed up. Not only did the offense run right through the Bengals D, but the decimated secondary took care of Johnson, et al...an impressive win to go to their house and wipe 'em out.

And whats up with Houshemenza (sp?) whining about how the better team didn't win??? SHUT UP! Sounds like the Steelers after we beat them in 2001. GO PATS

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#620291 - 10/02/06 04:44 PM Re: Pats steamroll Bengals
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
I loved the outcome of this game (sorry, Michael). First, I can't tell you the number of pundits on ESPN I heard predicting that the Bengals were going to not just beat the Patriots, but CRUSH them. I guess they're eating a little crow this morning. Then there is good ol' Chad Johnson. He was talking a little smack earlier in the week through the media about how the Patriots were going to have to double cover him all afternoon and even so he was going to rip Rodney Harrison's helmet off. Well it looks like he didn't really step up to his hype. In fact, when he went into the locker room during the second quarter, I suspect it was to have his foot removed from his mouth.

As one announcer put it last night - put a hold on the funeral for the Patriots, they're not quite dead yet. They have a strong lead in the division and should still be the favorite to win the division at this point.

Return to Top
#620292 - 10/02/06 04:54 PM Re: Pats steamroll Bengals
Creditcop Offline
Diamond Poster
Creditcop
Indiana
I was shocked that the Pats beat the Bengals the way they did. Never count Pats out.

There were several good games yesterday. My Colts pulled one out (will the defense and special teams please tackle someone). Washington did the Colts a favor by beating the Jaguars (what a catch and run).

The Bears looks very good last night. The Niners and Raiders are just terrible.

Return to Top
#620293 - 10/02/06 04:56 PM Re: Pats steamroll Bengals
Creditcop Offline
Diamond Poster
Creditcop
Indiana
Or to use a line from the Waterboy, the Pats opened a can of "whoop-ass" on the Bengals.

Return to Top
#620294 - 10/02/06 05:27 PM Re: Pats steamroll Bengals
Zamboni Driver Offline
Platinum Poster
Zamboni Driver
Going round and round
Quote:

(will the defense and special teams please tackle someone).

The Colts looked like they were playing two-hand touch, not tackle. Thank you Peyton Manning (2 awesome 4th-quarter drives) and Eric Mangini - great 4th down call...for the Colts.

Return to Top
#620295 - 10/02/06 06:26 PM Re: Pats steamroll Bengals
JacF Offline

Power Poster
PA
Speaking of yesterday's games- what was up with the Titan's Albert Haynesworth (I think I got the name right)? I am not a Cowboys fan- but there is absolutely no excuse for kicking a man's helmet off and deliberately stomping on his head. There had better be a loooong suspension headed his way.

Return to Top
#620296 - 10/02/06 06:34 PM Re: Pats steamroll Bengals
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
jac, he was contrite. not that he doesn't deserve to be punished but it was the heat of the moment. and if they throw the book at him, if somebody pulls a marcus vick, they would have to be banned from the league for life.

Return to Top
#620297 - 10/02/06 06:48 PM Re: Pats steamroll Bengals
slubgob Offline
Platinum Poster
Quote:

Speaking of yesterday's games- what was up with the Titan's Albert Haynesworth (I think I got the name right)? I am not a Cowboys fan- but there is absolutely no excuse for kicking a man's helmet off and deliberately stomping on his head. There had better be a loooong suspension headed his way.

I agree, I think he should be suspended for the rest of the season.

Return to Top
#620298 - 10/02/06 07:04 PM Re: Pats steamroll Bengals
Creditcop Offline
Diamond Poster
Creditcop
Indiana
What Haynesworth did went way over the line and it would appear that a criminal case of assault could be made.

Return to Top
#620299 - 10/02/06 07:00 PM Re: Pats steamroll Bengals
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
Way out of line. I don't care how apologetic he was after. Could have blinded the guy, for goodness sakes.

Return to Top
#620300 - 10/02/06 07:08 PM Re: Pats steamroll Bengals
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
but did he?

Return to Top
#620301 - 10/02/06 07:14 PM Re: Pats steamroll Bengals
Bimmer Offline
Diamond Poster
Bimmer
Wherever the plane lands
Ok, so who saw the last play of the Jets vs. Colts game yesterday? I am sure that play will be on highlight reels for years to come!

Go Eagles!!!!!

Return to Top
#620302 - 10/02/06 07:23 PM Re: Pats steamroll Bengals
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
bimmer, that play is in a long list of potentially "greatest plays of all time" that didn't actually come to completion.

Return to Top
#620303 - 10/02/06 07:18 PM Re: Pats steamroll Bengals
Pup Offline
Power Poster
Pup
Pedaling along a scenic highwa...
Would've been better had they scored. If they score it goes from being a desparate attempt to a phenomenal play. It was entertaining, though, to say the least.

Return to Top
#620304 - 10/02/06 07:20 PM Re: Pats steamroll Bengals
Bimmer Offline
Diamond Poster
Bimmer
Wherever the plane lands
Oh it would have been amazing if they did score. Oh well.

For anyone that didn't see it or would like to see it again Clicky Here!

Return to Top
#620305 - 10/02/06 07:36 PM Re: Pats steamroll Bengals
slubgob Offline
Platinum Poster
Isn't that the old hook n' ladder play? Pretty crazy play, but I don't think it tops the home run throw back of the Titans against the Bills, or the Immacculate reception of the Steelers.

Return to Top
#620306 - 10/02/06 07:34 PM Re: Pats steamroll Bengals
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Yeah, my boys got their butts wupped alright. Last week, the Bengals took advantage of Stealer turnovers to score. This week, we reversed it.

Ever since Braham went down, our offensive line has been offensive! How do they expect Carson Palmer to lead us to wins if they don't have a center who knows what he's doing!?! It's killing us.

Add to that the decimation of our linebacking core and losing Dexter Jackson at safety and our run defense decided not to play.

Sigh...

At least Corey Dillon showed what a cl ass act he is when he got his touchdown and decided once again to throw something into the stands.

Return to Top
#620307 - 10/03/06 08:04 PM Re: Pats steamroll Bengals
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
I saw they threw it back. I had to chuckle at that one. But I will say this - I like Corey Dillon. I wasn't sure when he first came over, but you know what - the guy just wants to win. I, for one, am happy he now has a couple of pieces of bling to show for his very, very productive career.

Return to Top
#620308 - 10/03/06 08:39 PM Re: Pats steamroll Bengals
Bengals Fan Offline
Power Poster
Bengals Fan
Cincinnati, OH
Quote:

I saw they threw it back. I had to chuckle at that one. But I will say this - I like Corey Dillon. I wasn't sure when he first came over, but you know what - the guy just wants to win. I, for one, am happy he now has a couple of pieces of bling to show for his very, very productive career.

Dillon must have matured. When Rudi took any of his carries, he whined and quit playing. I still think he's a jerk, but then again, all he did was complain around here.

Return to Top