Learn More - Click Here!

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Thread Options
#621377 - 10/04/06 09:36 PM Re: Foley
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Quote:

Lets see, and between Clinton and Bush, which one left office in disgrace for actually doing these things?

Only in the right's opinion did Clinton leave office in disgrace.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#621378 - 10/04/06 09:30 PM Re: Foley
CompDat Offline
Platinum Poster
USA
Clinton never had a budget surplus. That myth has already been resolved.

http://www.thelandofthefree.net/conservativepoliticalopinion/surplusfallacy.html

Return to Top
#621379 - 10/04/06 09:31 PM Re: Foley
Spenser Offline
Washington state
Politics, religion, morals, and sexual preference aside.....I'm 'ticked' so see my tax dollars paying people to pursue anything other than the obligations and duties they were elected to complete. I feel like I work hard to do a good job every day, to earn a paycheck (such as it is). Extra curricular activities are done on my own time. I hate to look at my pay stub and see how much comes out in taxes, only to read newspaper stories, like this, to see where some of those dollars go. ...Such great role models for the working public, not to mention the children.....it's truly ludicrous! (Oops, I think my idealism must be showing.)

Return to Top
#621380 - 10/04/06 09:32 PM Re: Foley
CompDat Offline
Platinum Poster
USA
Yes I know this is a conservative website. But MB Guy had another one that was pretty good, and more reputable.

Return to Top
#621381 - 10/04/06 09:33 PM Re: Foley
CompDat Offline
Platinum Poster
USA
The data is from the bureau of public debt. I have not verified it.

Return to Top
#621382 - 10/04/06 09:52 PM Re: Foley
Snowqueen Offline
Diamond Poster
Snowqueen
dreaming of a warm beach......
If Foley was soliciting minors via the internet that is just wrong. Whether he's Republican or Democratic isn't the issue I have it is that he was in a position of power and took advantage of it. He must feel somewhat guilty because he resigned his position immediately and entered rehab. To me that shows there is some truth to the accusations.

Return to Top
#621383 - 10/04/06 10:07 PM Re: Foley
billhilly Offline
This Foley is just plain creepy. But the problem does not end with him. Follow the money just like in Watergate. According to published reports, Tom Reynolds, Chairman of the NRCC (National Republican Congressional Committee) was the first to know of Foley's pedophilia behavior. After Reynolds found out, a substantial donation (100k) was made to the NRCC by none other than Congressman Foley. This whole business is just ....... dirty...........

Return to Top
#621384 - 10/05/06 03:23 PM Re: Foley
Bimmer Offline
Diamond Poster
Bimmer
Wherever the plane lands
SEX CHAT WAS WITH 18 YEAR OLD

On Tuesday ABC news released a high-impact instant message exchange between Foley and, as ABC explained, a young man "under the age of 18."

ABC headlined the story: "New Foley Instant Messages; Had Internet Sex While Awaiting House Vote"

But upon reviewing the records, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned, the young man was in fact over the age of 18 at the time of the exchange.

A network source explains, messages with the young man and disgraced former Congressman Foley took place before and after the 18th birthday.

Return to Top
#621385 - 10/05/06 03:47 PM Re: Foley
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
Quote:

I still don't see that if you believe one can choose to be gay, they are being hypocritical here. Foley would probably say that his own molestation has psycologically scarred him, making it difficult to change his behavior, if in fact he believes homosexuality is a choice.

Making a broad generalization about conservative beliefs is comical, just as it is to make a broad generalization about liberals.

like as difficult as being a quasi-physiological affliction? sorry, i just don't buy it. it is hypocritical. scarred or not scarred, it is still a choice by their position on it. otherwise, he is a self-hating homosexual who hates other homosexuals just as much while at the same time KNOWING that they can't help it.

i realize it is a broad generalization. notice i haven't said too much in this thread because it is such a stupid partisan thread to begin with. but i can't avoid pointing out an inconsistency in something many conservatives want to make one of THE issues in national election debates. it is more me pointing out that the things they are REALLY concerned about can be hypocritical which serves to prove they only care about playing politics and getting an elected majority; i'd rather see politicians deal with actual problems rather than dogmatic, philosophical problems.

Return to Top
#621386 - 10/05/06 03:42 PM Re: Foley
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
Quote:

SEX CHAT WAS WITH 18 YEAR OLD

On Tuesday ABC news released a high-impact instant message exchange between Foley and, as ABC explained, a young man "under the age of 18."

ABC headlined the story: "New Foley Instant Messages; Had Internet Sex While Awaiting House Vote"

But upon reviewing the records, the DRUDGE REPORT has learned, the young man was in fact over the age of 18 at the time of the exchange.

A network source explains, messages with the young man and disgraced former Congressman Foley took place before and after the 18th birthday.

so this makes it ok?

Return to Top
#621387 - 10/05/06 03:51 PM Re: Foley
Bimmer Offline
Diamond Poster
Bimmer
Wherever the plane lands
No, I didn't say it made it ok. I was simply pointing out that he was not 16 at the time as the media would have you believe.

But it is not ok by any stretch of the imagination.

Return to Top
#621388 - 10/05/06 04:03 PM Re: Foley
Hated By Some Offline
10K Club
Hated By Some
Somewhere vanilla
i was just messing with you. like i told straw, i have pretty much ignored this pure-politics type story. everybody has their bad apples. i'll toss my licks in when the larger argument lends itself to doing so.

Return to Top
#621389 - 10/05/06 07:07 PM Re: Foley
Bimmer Offline
Diamond Poster
Bimmer
Wherever the plane lands
**World Exclusive**
**Must Credit the DRUDGE REPORT**

According to two people close to former congressional page Jordan Edmund, the now famous lurid AOL Instant Message exchanges that led to the resignation of Mark Foley were part of an online prank that by mistake got into the hands of enemy political operatives, the DRUDGE REPORT can reveal.

According to one Oklahoma source who knows the former page very well, Edmund, a conservative Republican, goaded Foley to type embarrassing comments that were then shared with a small group of young Hill politicos. The prank went awry when the saved IM sessions got into the hands of political operatives favorable to Democrats. This source, an ally of Edmund, also adamantly proclaims that the former page is not a homosexual. The prank scenario was confirmed by a second associate of Edmund.

The news come on the heels that former FBI Chief Louis Freeh has been named to investigate the mess.

Return to Top
#621390 - 10/05/06 07:21 PM Re: Foley
Peepers Offline
10K Club
This thread is still going?

Why don’t we all just try to agree on Foley’s best character.

I’m going with Mankind.

Return to Top
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4