BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 1 of 2 1 2
Thread Options
#623277 - 10/11/06 07:29 PM Amazing Race
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
I can't beleive someone didn't start an Amazing Race thread. Am I the only one watching?

I love the Kentucky couple and the Cho brothers.

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#623278 - 10/11/06 07:40 PM Re: Amazing Race
Just Suzy Offline
Platinum Poster
Mid-West
I love Amazing Race! I like the KY couple and the brothers as well. I kinda, sorta liked Tom and Terry, but they were starting to whine, so I guess it's just as well that they got the boot.

Do you think the clues and tasks are getting harder? I thought the audio clue was very hard, especially when you consider the accent and having to try to write things down phonetically.

Return to Top
#623279 - 10/11/06 07:44 PM Re: Amazing Race
cheekEE Offline
Power Poster
Easy Street
I've been watching, but I usually get interupted. I still don't know all the teams.

I feel for the girl with the prostetic (sp?) leg. What a blow to have it break so early in the race.

Return to Top
#623280 - 10/11/06 07:49 PM Re: Amazing Race
Just Suzy Offline
Platinum Poster
Mid-West
Her "partner" is kind of the pits too, CheekEE. I got so disgusted with him when she was trying to climb that cliff and he was laying back getting some sun in the boat. I don't expect him to bleed while she's struggling but would it kill him to show *some* concern, for Pete's sake!

Return to Top
#623281 - 10/11/06 07:50 PM Re: Amazing Race
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Quote:

I've been watching, but I usually get interupted. I still don't know all the teams.

I feel for the girl with the prostetic (sp?) leg. What a blow to have it break so early in the race.

I don't like her or her boyfriend. They just rub me the wrong way.

I liked Tom and Terry and I will miss them. I do think the clues are tough this year. Evidently the places for the roadblocks/detours are getting harder to find, too.

Return to Top
#623282 - 10/11/06 07:55 PM Re: Amazing Race
cheekEE Offline
Power Poster
Easy Street
Do you think they are making the clues/tasks harder to make the legs longer and keep them in the same country longer? With the world hating the US it would seem like they would need to be carful where they send them.

Return to Top
#623283 - 10/11/06 08:00 PM Re: Amazing Race
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Quote:

Do you think they are making the clues/tasks harder to make the legs longer and keep them in the same country longer? With the world hating the US it would seem like they would need to be carful where they send them.

I don't know. I just know there had been some grumbling from fans that the last couple of seasons seemed really easy. I thought they were just making it interesting again.

Return to Top
#623284 - 10/11/06 08:05 PM Re: Amazing Race
cheekEE Offline
Power Poster
Easy Street
Quote:

Quote:

I don't know. I just know there had been some grumbling from fans that the last couple of seasons seemed really easy. I thought they were just making it interesting again.

Good Point

Return to Top
#623285 - 10/11/06 09:35 PM Re: Amazing Race
Chiquita Banana Offline
Diamond Poster
Chiquita Banana
The banana bin
Sweetpeas...I agree with you that both of them just rub me the wrong way. I don't know why really but she's just annoying.

Return to Top
#623286 - 10/11/06 10:55 PM Re: Amazing Race
Cowboys Fan Online
Power Poster
SC
I agree with you both - she's irritating and he's a bore fest. Kentucky Woman sure is a yapper but they work together well and seem to really appreciate the experience. I like that this season is more challenging but the couples (or maybe the editing?) seem to be kind of blah.

Return to Top
#623287 - 10/11/06 11:05 PM Re: Amazing Race
tahdah Offline
Platinum Poster
I really wanted to try out for the show but as some of the challenges got wierder (sp) I thought not. Like eating some grotesque food, bungie jumping, mountain climbing etc. I back packed thru much of western Europe and went thru alot, but didn't have to do some of those things. I thought that my good friend and I would have a chance with our knowledge, but I'm basically a chicken sh## and wouldn't do alot of the things. I could travel and get thru the language problems, but not the challenges. But I do love the show.

Return to Top
#623288 - 10/12/06 07:07 PM Re: Amazing Race
RandomName Offline
Diamond Poster
Austin, TX
The Road Blocks and Detours are indeed much improved this season. We've had way too many "go stand here and watch a thing and then get a clue" type of events recently, so it's good to see that they're having to take on challenges that require skill and thinking and a level head, and that the finish order is getting shaken up accordingly.

Return to Top
#623289 - 10/16/06 12:56 PM Re: Amazing Race
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
I like the new twist for the non-elimnation leg. It should be interesting to see if Kentucky can move far enough up in the pack to survive.

Now Peter and Sarah no longer rub me the wrong way. They flat out [censored] me off and so do the beauty queens. There is no reason to be so nasty about the other teams.

Return to Top
#623290 - 10/16/06 05:28 PM Re: Amazing Race
Chiquita Banana Offline
Diamond Poster
Chiquita Banana
The banana bin
I totally missed it and got a glimpse of the end (without sound). I thought Kentucky was eliminated last night...at least that's what I assumed.

Return to Top
#623291 - 10/16/06 05:22 PM Re: Amazing Race
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
It was a non-elimination round. But if they don't finish first next round they will get a 30 minute penalty, so they have to finish up at the top of the pack or they are really in trouble.

Return to Top
#623292 - 10/16/06 05:22 PM Re: Amazing Race
cheekEE Offline
Power Poster
Easy Street
..."this is a non-elimination round"...

They get to keep their money and possessions, but they are marked for elimination. SO they have to come in 1st place next week to stay safe. Otherwise whenever they check in they get a 30 min penalty. Other teams may check in and they could go home.

Return to Top
#623293 - 10/23/06 03:13 PM Re: Amazing Race
Bullseye Offline
Platinum Poster
Bullseye
Of course, I missed the last five minutes. Can someone tell me who was eliminated?

Return to Top
#623294 - 10/23/06 03:25 PM Re: Amazing Race
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
I was dancing. Peter and Sarah are gone. Yeah! Kentucky came in first.

Return to Top
#623295 - 10/23/06 03:38 PM Re: Amazing Race
Bullseye Offline
Platinum Poster
Bullseye
Wow! They must have performed poorly on the detour then? I thought when I saw her climbing the tower thing they were in about 2nd or third place. I thought surely the Cho Bros. were going home.

Return to Top
#623296 - 10/23/06 03:38 PM Re: Amazing Race
Maxx Offline
Diamond Poster
USA
I didn't care for Peter and Sarah as a team. I thought Peter was a complete @ss. Sarah, however, was pretty inspirational. This woman with one leg really took on alot.
I was really glad to see the Kentucky couple come in first. I say, Good for them!

Return to Top
#623297 - 10/23/06 04:31 PM Re: Amazing Race
Spenser Offline
Washington state
I think it was pretty cool of the Cho brothers to give Kentucky the Fast Forward, so they could be the first team to arrive.

Return to Top
#623298 - 10/23/06 05:18 PM Re: Amazing Race
cheekEE Offline
Power Poster
Easy Street
I agree. The Cho brothers are pretty cool for doing that.

Sarah and Peter got lost. They didn't find the road block until it was dark and all the other teams had checked in.

Return to Top
#623299 - 10/23/06 05:34 PM Re: Amazing Race
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Quote:

I didn't care for Peter and Sarah as a team. I thought Peter was a complete @ss. Sarah, however, was pretty inspirational. This woman with one leg really took on alot.
I was really glad to see the Kentucky couple come in first. I say, Good for them!

In my opinion she would have been more inspirational if she didn't use the handicapped parking placard and use her disability to her advantage to try to get onto planes and buses.

Let's face it. She ran the Iron Man, she did all the phycial stunts on the roadblocks and then she limps around to get cabs and plane reservations. JMO

Return to Top
#623300 - 10/23/06 05:40 PM Re: Amazing Race
hobot Offline
Gold Star
hobot
SP-- agreed.

Return to Top
#623301 - 10/26/06 04:47 PM Re: Amazing Race
Chiquita Banana Offline
Diamond Poster
Chiquita Banana
The banana bin
SP- I totally agree! That's what turned me off of them from the beginning.

(Although I can't say that I wouldn't have done the same thing if it were me. )

But the Kentucky, Alabama, and Cho brothers...gotta love 'em. It goes to show that you don't have to be mean and underhanded in order to succeed in the race. I can't stand the Barbies at all although they are impressing me with how well they're doing. It looks like Alabama and the Barbies are gonna get into it next week. Woohoo!

Return to Top
Page 1 of 2 1 2