Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options Tools
#62509 - 02/20/03 02:05 AM Reporting Complaints
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am looking for ways for employees to report issues anonymously. Things they know are happening but afraid to report it. Also, our auditor is looking for ways to report the audit issues. This seems to be an issue these days and I am at a lost as to who should handle this and how do we keep it anonymous.

Return to Top
General Discussion
#62510 - 02/20/03 02:09 AM Re: Reporting Complaints
Kathleen O. Blanchard Offline

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
WE have been looking for some low tech ways to do this..one thought was to use a coded envelope that could be mailed (post office or interoffice) that would go to a specific area for opening. We are also exploring if a particular voicemail box will work. I need to see if our phone system is the type that lets you check where the call came from.) This would not be to a phone being answered, or one with caller id. These are just some thoughts folks have thrown out on the topic.
www.kaybeescomplianceinsights.com

Return to Top
#62511 - 02/20/03 02:12 AM Re: Reporting Complaints
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Postage paid cards can be mailed in or dropped off in one of several collection points. Send them to internal audit, compliance or the President's assistant. Naturally this will depend on your internal structure, but these suggestions may get you started. If you are a larger bank you may be able to establish a call center procedure similar to a crime tips scenario.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#62512 - 02/20/03 01:55 PM Re: Reporting Complaints
Pale Rider Offline
10K Club
Pale Rider
under the Lone Star
Our Code of Conduct, signed by all employees describes how to anonymously report such issues. The contacts are the compliance officer, director of internal audit, or the general counsel.

Return to Top