Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Thread Options
#625132 - 10/17/06 03:30 PM Re: Harry Reid D-Nev.
Sinatra Fan Offline
Power Poster
Sinatra Fan
New Jersey
Not long before the 2004 presidential election, James Carville made the following statement to his fellow Democrats: "If we can't win this d*mn election, with a Democratic Party more unified than ever before, with us having raised as much money as the Republicans, with 55 percent of the country believing [the country is] heading in the wrong direction, with our candidate having won all three debates and with our side being more passionate about the outcome than theirs--if we can't win this one, then we can't win [expletive deleted]." I'm sure that his wife, Mary Matalin, reminds him of that quote every chance she gets.

According to columnist George Will (Newsweek, May 22, 2006), now 69% of the country thinks we're on the wrong track, and the president's approval rating is down to 29%. I doubt either of those figures has improved since May.

As I see it, with all the negatives against the Republicans, the pressure is squarely on the Democrats. If the Democrats can't pick up quite a few seats in the House and the Senate, with all that's going for them and against the Republicans, well, somebody cue the Ragin' Cajun.

(For the record, I am neither a Democrat nor a Republican.)

Return to Top
Chat! - BOL Watercooler
#625133 - 10/17/06 03:44 PM Re: Harry Reid D-Nev.
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
All I know is that Ohio is genreally a very Republican state. It's really conservative in the rural areas (where I live) and the polls are solidly going for the Democrats at this time. I think people have had their fill of being told one thing and experiencing another. I don't believe the Democratic party is perfect, but I would rather be in a bus where the driver is a bit lost, than in a bus where the driver is taking us straight to [censored]. JMO
Last edited by Sweetpeas; 10/17/06 03:49 PM.

Return to Top
#625134 - 10/20/06 01:50 AM Re: Harry Reid D-Nev.
Fraudman CFCI Offline
Power Poster
Fraudman CFCI
Land of Steady Habits

Wow, I bet you do not put your campaign signs on your lawn for the liberal cnadidates you support!

Return to Top
#625135 - 10/20/06 03:05 AM Re: Harry Reid D-Nev.
Bimmer Offline
Diamond Poster
Bimmer
Wherever the plane lands
I put up signs for Liberal candidates.

Then I use them for targe practice. Usually with my Heckler & Koch Sniper Rifle, but sometimes I put them quite a bit closer and use my Glock

Return to Top
#625136 - 10/23/06 05:08 PM Re: Harry Reid D-Nev.
CompDat Offline
Platinum Poster
USA
Quote:

Quote:

the major news outlets are ignoring the story

This gets tiresome when someone on this board says this about a story that has been prominent in virtually every paper in the country.

Here is the Washington Post which did an editorial:
WaPo

Here is the Chicago Tribune saying its not that signifcant:

Chicago tribune

Here is the NY Times;

Times

Here is CNN:

CNN

It appears to be something that might require him to amand his disclosure forms. He still owned the property in the name of a company.

When you posted this I checked for myself. I think you are probably the most bias poster on BOL. If you think that when a R does somthing and it gets on the top page is the same as when a D does something and it is hidden in a subdomain, you are crazy.

Return to Top
#625137 - 10/23/06 05:12 PM Re: Harry Reid D-Nev.
CompDat Offline
Platinum Poster
USA
Quote:

Not long before the 2004 presidential election, James Carville made the following statement to his fellow Democrats: "If we can't win this d*mn election, with a Democratic Party more unified than ever before, with us having raised as much money as the Republicans, with 55 percent of the country believing [the country is] heading in the wrong direction, with our candidate having won all three debates and with our side being more passionate about the outcome than theirs--if we can't win this one, then we can't win [expletive deleted]." I'm sure that his wife, Mary Matalin, reminds him of that quote every chance she gets.

According to columnist George Will (Newsweek, May 22, 2006), now 69% of the country thinks we're on the wrong track, and the president's approval rating is down to 29%. I doubt either of those figures has improved since May.

As I see it, with all the negatives against the Republicans, the pressure is squarely on the Democrats. If the Democrats can't pick up quite a few seats in the House and the Senate, with all that's going for them and against the Republicans, well, somebody cue the Ragin' Cajun.

(For the record, I am neither a Democrat nor a Republican.)

On and before the voting day the media even attempted to sway voting by showing how well the liberal candidate was doing. The people voted otherwise.

Return to Top
#625138 - 10/23/06 05:30 PM Re: Harry Reid D-Nev.
Non Ron anon Offline
Gold Star
Quote:

When you posted this I checked for myself.

I encourage everyone to check for themselves. That's why I, unlike you, post links to demonstate what I say. All anyone has to do is use the Google News search engine and they will find hundreds of stories on this from virtually every publication.

The problem is that you would like this to be a huge story that might fend off upcoming Republican losses in two weeks. Wishing doesn't make it true.

Quote:

I think you are probably the most bias [sic]poster on BOL.

I honestly dont care what you think. From your perspective I'm sure everyone that doesn't agree with you is biased. I posted just a few of the hundreds of stories on this. If you want to try to offer factual support for a contrary view go ahead. Or, just continue to throw out your unsupported opinions. Your choice.

Return to Top
#625139 - 10/23/06 06:27 PM Re: Harry Reid D-Nev.
CompDat Offline
Platinum Poster
USA
NRA, yes you posted links that did not little to prove that the articles were not buried outside of what other more relevant stories there were that day. Like a kid and his turtle, or other interesting articles.

I guess then in your eyes the Iraq war has received the same amount of press as some random victim on the funerals page. Talk about spinning.

Return to Top
#625140 - 10/23/06 06:38 PM Re: Harry Reid D-Nev.
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Well, Non Ron, looks like your challenge is going unheeded. I'm shocked!

Return to Top
#625141 - 10/23/06 08:36 PM Re: Harry Reid D-Nev.
CompDat Offline
Platinum Poster
USA
I think you may have little understanding of how the internet works SP. I am not surprised. See, when NRA posts a link to the article it posts what is housed on that space. When you go to the homepage of the news agency and cannot find the article it means that it is hidden in subdomains. So, you can try to do a search or see if you can find it by clicking on links that may lead you to the story. He used yahoo or google to find it. He already said he did not go to the article directly through the page. So, as you can see the article is buried where it cannot be seen. So, NRA or SP. Please find me a screenshot of where this was on the front page? That is my challenge. Oh and..... looks like I will be totally shocked.

Are you old enough to be on these forums? You seem to not be able to comprehend what normal people can? Not an accusation, just something I have noticed.

Return to Top
#625142 - 10/23/06 08:40 PM Re: Harry Reid D-Nev.
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Quote:

I think you may have little understanding of how the internet works SP. I am not surprised. See, when NRA posts a link to the article it posts what is housed on that space. When you go to the homepage of the news agency and cannot find the article it means that it is hidden in subdomains. So, you can try to do a search or see if you can find it by clicking on links that may lead you to the story. He used yahoo or google to find it. He already said he did not go to the article directly through the page. So, as you can see the article is buried where it cannot be seen. So, NRA or SP. Please find me a screenshot of where this was on the front page? That is my challenge. Oh and..... looks like I will be totally shocked.

Are you old enough to be on these forums? You seem to not be able to comprehend what normal people can? Not an accusation, just something I have noticed.

I comprehend that once again you have offered no proof of what you are saying. You want to prove a point; then prove it. No one else is required to do your research for you. Are you retarded or just angry? Not an accusation, just something I've been wondering for a while.

Return to Top
#625143 - 10/23/06 08:49 PM Re: Harry Reid D-Nev.
CompDat Offline
Platinum Poster
USA
OK, (NAME CALLING ISN"T ALLOWED) here is proof:

www.washingtonpost.com

www.nytimes.com
www.latimes.com

Not one article on main pages about this. HAhahahaha I win. Its like taking candy from a baby.... well I guess I did.
Last edited by Andy Z; 10/24/06 02:00 AM.
Return to Top
#625144 - 10/23/06 09:07 PM Re: Harry Reid D-Nev.
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
Quote:

Quote:

I comprehend that once again you have offered no proof of what you are saying. You want to prove a point; then prove it. No one else is required to do your research for you. Are you retarded or just angry? Not an accusation, just something I've been wondering for a while.

Seems like Chump explained it pretty clearly.

Return to Top
#625145 - 10/23/06 09:50 PM Re: Harry Reid D-Nev.
Non Ron anon Offline
Gold Star
Quote:

OK, then you are an idiot, here is proof:

www.washingtonpost.com

www.nytimes.com
www.latimes.com

Not one article on main pages about this. HAhahahaha I win. Its like taking candy from a baby.... well I guess I did.

You appear to be the one that doesn't understand the internet. You posted links to TODAY'S news sites!!!! This was a story that broke over a week and a half ago! The original post was complaining about a lack of coverage eight days ago.

Of course there are not front page stories today , to go back to earlier days you need to Google the older stories as I suggested, or use the archive feature on the websites - get it now?

Return to Top
#625146 - 10/23/06 10:08 PM Re: Harry Reid D-Nev.
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Quote:

Quote:

OK, then you are an idiot, here is proof:

www.washingtonpost.com

www.nytimes.com
www.latimes.com

You appear to be the one that doesn't understand the internet. You posted links to TODAY'S news sites!!!! This was a story that broke over a week and a half ago! The original post was complaining about a lack of coverage eight days ago.

Of course there are not front page stories today , to go back to earlier days you need to Google the older stories as I suggested, or use the archive feature on the websites - get it now?

Retarded. That was my original guess. Hey there weren't any stories on the Normandy invasion on the front page. Must have mean they burried that sucker back in 1944.
Last edited by Sweetpeas; 10/23/06 10:16 PM.

Return to Top
#625147 - 10/24/06 01:06 PM Re: Harry Reid D-Nev.
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Quote:

Retarded.

Wow, I would think most people would find that insult much more offensive than "b!tch" or "idiot". And yet, there it is.

Return to Top
#625148 - 10/24/06 01:00 PM Re: Harry Reid D-Nev. *DELETED*
CompDat Offline
Platinum Poster
USA
Post deleted by Andy Z

Return to Top
#625149 - 10/24/06 01:09 PM Re: Harry Reid D-Nev.
CompDat Offline
Platinum Poster
USA
[q]Here is the Washington Post which did an editorial:
WaPo

Here is the Chicago Tribune saying its not that signifcant:

Chicago tribune

Here is the NY Times;

Times

Here is CNN:

CNN
[/q]
NRA typed this in. I did not dispute that the articles were not put on the site. Then I said...

[q]NRA, yes you posted links that did not little to prove that the articles were not buried outside of what other more relevant stories there were that day. Like a kid and his turtle, or other interesting articles.
[/q]
Pointing out that I was unable to find the articles on their sites. So SP pathetically came back with...

[q]I comprehend that once again you have offered no proof of what you are saying. You want to prove a point; then prove it. [/q]

So I mocking typed:
[q]OK, (NAME CALLING ISN"T ALLOWED) here is proof:

www.washingtonpost.com

www.nytimes.com
www.latimes.com

Not one article on main pages about this. HAhahahaha I win. Its like taking candy from a baby.... well I guess I did. [/q]
Then Sox in 04 pointed out (probably to make fun of SP)
[q]Seems like Chump explained it pretty clearly. [/q]

Then, seeming like you did not read the last 5 posts you typed.
[q]You appear to be the one that doesn't understand the internet. You posted links to TODAY'S news sites!!!! This was a story that broke over a week and a half ago! The original post was complaining about a lack of coverage eight days ago.

Of course there are not front page stories today , to go back to earlier days you need to Google the older stories as I suggested, or use the archive feature on the websites - get it now? [/q]

Then in another pathetic attempt to validate herself she piled on (as if she had a clue)

[q]Retarded. That was my original guess. Hey there weren't any stories on the Normandy invasion on the front page. Must have mean they burried that sucker back in 1944. [/q]
The funny thing about Normnady and 1944 is that people took pictures of other people holding up newspaper articles because it was a momentous day. I do not expect NRA to take a screen shot and link it, I was only pointing out that you did not prove that your news agencies did any justice to the story. They just paid lip service to "covering it" so that they could still claim they are balanced...... right.

Return to Top
#625150 - 10/24/06 01:11 PM Re: Harry Reid D-Nev.
CompDat Offline
Platinum Poster
USA
Quote:

Quote:

Retarded.

Wow, I would think most people would find that insult much more offensive than "b!tch" or "idiot". And yet, there it is.

Another thread to thread contradiction? Go figure.

Return to Top
#625151 - 10/24/06 01:17 PM Re: Harry Reid D-Nev.
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
1. The original post bemoaned the fact that there was no news coverage of the Harry Reid affair.
2. NRA posted links showing there was coverage.
3. You deemed the coverage was insufficient.
4. NRA asked you to provide proof to back your assertations.
5. You told him to prove your point and post the proof, he declined to do your research for you.
6. You posted no proof, only name-calling (the only thing you are really good at).

Now maybe it's just my incomplete first grade education, and as you have repeatedly pointed out, I'm an idiot with no life, but I have a hard time understanding how you are claiming intellectual superiority on this one.

Return to Top
#625152 - 10/24/06 01:20 PM Re: Harry Reid D-Nev.
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Retarded.

Another thread to thread contradiction? Go figure.

Andy is free to edit my post as he sees fit. Of course, he's also going to spend a lot of time editing your continual attacks. As long as you want to dish it out, you better be able to take it. And btw, [censored] was never edited out of the other thread.

Return to Top
#625153 - 10/24/06 01:22 PM Re: Harry Reid D-Nev.
CompDat Offline
Platinum Poster
USA
If you look at my post I never claimed the original news agencies did not cover the story (which I think they didn't - it was AP). Anyway, I will take your last post a concession. I did post proof that stating that I had checked the moment he posted. He took no screenies, and I took no screenies. It is both of our words against one anothers. But I think you know darn well that this was not put on the front page. Yesterday's front page stories (at least the one's prominantly displayed)...
Iraq Carnage
Senator Clinton being called ugly
And a poll showing how America has lost faith in our gov't and Democracy

Those three articles are pathetic. Especially since Skilling was convicted yesterday (but that was also a prominantly displayed article).

Return to Top
#625154 - 10/24/06 01:23 PM Re: Harry Reid D-Nev.
CompDat Offline
Platinum Poster
USA
Actually no where in NRA's post does he ever claim that these articles were not buried, I think he knows better.

Return to Top
#625155 - 10/24/06 01:27 PM Re: Harry Reid D-Nev.
MichelleDawn Offline
Power Poster
MichelleDawn
Quote:

If you look at my post I never claimed the original news agencies did not cover the story (which I think they didn't - it was AP). Anyway, I will take your last post a concession. I did post proof that stating that I had checked the moment he posted. He took no screenies, and I took no screenies. It is both of our words against one anothers. But I think you know darn well that this was not put on the front page. Yesterday's front page stories (at least the one's prominantly displayed)...
Iraq Carnage
Senator Clinton being called ugly
And a poll showing how America has lost faith in our gov't and Democracy

Those three articles are pathetic. Especially since Skilling was convicted yesterday (but that was also a prominantly displayed article).

Sure. Whatever you think.

Return to Top
#625156 - 10/24/06 03:42 PM Re: Harry Reid D-Nev.
Non Ron anon Offline
Gold Star
Quote:

Actually no where in NRA's post does he ever claim that these articles were not buried, I think he knows better.

Actually I saw it on the front page of more than one newspaper. It was a big story the day it broke.

Return to Top
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4